Benoît Badiashile

11reds

Looks impressive in the videos I have seen of him more so than Gabriel from Lille. Wasn't there a stat that Harry Maguire played every minute of last season premier league first centre half to do since Pallister?

Just shows that we need to get rid of the centre half's who are collecting the paychecks but not even able to relieve Harry Maguire during the year.

beingshe7don

Looks impressive in the videos I have seen of him more so than Gabriel from Lille. Wasn't there a stat that Harry Maguire played every minute of last season premier league first centre half to do since Pallister?

Just shows that we need to get rid of the centre half's who are collecting the paychecks but not even able to relieve Harry Maguire during the year.
That's exactly what I've been saying as well... For the business man that Ed is, he's either a philanthropist or absolute shit of a business man. How can you continue to keep Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly on your pay roll for so long? Smalling is still understandable since he's actually been fit to atleast play when needed and is on the cusp of being sold. He's been one of our stand out defenders when it comes to aerial ability. His two left feet and sideways passing has let him down but he's atleast featured when required.

To give some perspective, we play around 60 games per season.
1. Jones: 9 seasons completed, 224 games played (in all competitions), average of 25 games per season with his average dropping to 19 games per season in the last 5 years.
2. Bailly: 4 seasons completed, 83 games played (in all competitions), average of 20 games per season
3. Rojo: 5.5 seasons completed, 122 games played (in all competitions), average of 22 games per season

All 3 of them are on an average of 80,000 per week. That's 240,000 per week down the drain. If you take into account Sanchez, Smalling, Mata, Lingard and Pereira's wages. That's almost 1,000,000 per week in wages that's being spent with no benefit for the club.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That's exactly what I've been saying as well... For the business man that Ed is, he's either a philanthropist or absolute shit of a business man. How can you continue to keep Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly on your pay roll for so long? Smalling is still understandable since he's actually been fit to atleast play when needed and is on the cusp of being sold. He's been one of our stand out defenders when it comes to aerial ability. His two left feet and sideways passing has let him down but he's atleast featured when required.

To give some perspective, we play around 60 games per season.
1. Jones: 9 seasons completed, 224 games played (in all competitions), average of 25 games per season with his average dropping to 19 games per season in the last 5 years.
2. Bailly: 4 seasons completed, 83 games played (in all competitions), average of 20 games per season
3. Rojo: 5.5 seasons completed, 122 games played (in all competitions), average of 22 games per season

All 3 of them are on an average of 80,000 per week. That's 240,000 per week down the drain. If you take into account Sanchez, Smalling, Mata, Lingard and Pereira's wages. That's almost 1,000,000 per week in wages that's being spent with no benefit for the club.
TBF we have been trying to get rid of the first 3 all season. On the flip side, why has kept them on for so long? indeed.

jesperjaap

Prefer Badiashile, his name is more like a defender. Gabriel more like an attacker.
Well yes that is a great reason to sign him ahead of Gabriel and he will also score more on scrabble too

beingshe7don

Badiashile is really quick across the field and should complement Maguire really well. He has the ability to drive with the ball and also pick a long pass accurately from one D to the opposition's D which is what we're lacking at the moment. Maguire and Lindelof cannot make those long passes which is kind of a waste considering the quality of attackers we have and who are deadly on the counter. We should try and secure this guy at all cost.

Sancho, Badiashile and VDB/ Grealish would be a mouth watering transfer window. That would definitely make us title contenders.

hungrywing

TBF we have been trying to get rid of the first 3 all season. On the flip side, why has kept them on for so long? indeed.
Wants those sweet sweet 15m sales. Plus sunk cost fallacy. Plus knowing nothing in football. Plus all of his peers knowing that he knows nothing so all of them being full of contempt and perfectly happy not to interrupt him while he's making mistakes.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Wants those sweet sweet 15m sales. Plus sunk cost fallacy. Plus knowing nothing in football. Plus all of his peers knowing that he knows nothing so all of them being full of contempt and perfectly happy not to interrupt him while he's making mistakes.
He has repeatedly said that he doesn't take footballing decisions by himselves. He only approves the money behind it. Ofcourse you don't care about the facts and want to use this as a stick to beat him .

hungrywing

He has repeatedly said that he doesn't take footballing decisions by himselves. He only approves the money behind it. Ofcourse you don't care about the facts and want to use this as a stick to beat him .
If you believe that, that's fine.

EDIT: also, you kind of proved the point but don't seem to be aware how.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If you believe that, that's fine.

EDIT: also, you kind of proved the point but don't seem to be aware how.
Well you are assuming things based on nothing while I am stating the facts that came out of him/management/club. So I will leave it to you on what to take and what not to take.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I reckon it would be Badasheelay if you are saying it like a homophone.
How dare you call me a homophone! Bah!

PS: homophones are two words with the same pronunciation but different spellings and meanings. Where/wear etc. The sound of his name depends on how it's pronounced in his own original language.

croadyman

Think I used completely the wrong word there and should have left the answer to someone else

croadyman

He looks quicker than Gabriel but wouldn't be surprised if we still sign him in a year or two as well.

Baneofthegame

You seem to know a lot about him and the people in and around the club.

Can you divulge more?

Based Adnan

Translation - Bayer Leverkusen is not letting off on Badiashile. The German club are expected to make a further bid of €20m plus forward Kevin Volland for the AS Monaco defender!

croadyman

Translation - Bayer Leverkusen is not letting off on Badiashile. The German club are expected to make a further bid of €20m plus forward Kevin Volland for the AS Monaco defender!

We are making moves which is a positive sign in my eyes

sp_107

This will be like Upamecano, we will miss it now but in few years we will be ready to pay 50-60M

VanGaalEra

Are we actually trying to make moves early in the window. Mind is blown!

croadyman

This will be like Upamecano, we will miss it now but in few years we will be ready to pay 50-60M
Yeah that could very well be the case or just maybe they are going to surprise us all and sign a 19 year old developing talent like we saw with Martial in 2015 but most likely we will probably go with someone else.

Rauður Djöfull

Last defender we got from Monaco turned out alright

I have never seen this kid play but his highlights reels look good indeed, easy to be bluffed by them though, he does look a bit awkward when lunging into a tackle but he also seems to do that very rarely, good at staying on his feet and or only going down on the knee kind of

Out of the three we have been linked with of Gabriel, Pau Torres and Badiashile I think I like him the most, not really seen any of them play so much so judging mainly by youtube vids. Either way we need someone to provide competition and to give a bit of rest to Maguire/Lindelof with Bailly, Jones and Tuanzebe being injured all the time and not all of them up to the task anyway (Jones)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Except there is no indication that we are interested in paying 50-60m for Upamecano.