Benoît Badiashile

Bojan Djordjic

Slow sissy? Are you 12?
Yeah, seriously you'd despair at times with some of these juvenile fans. I've definitely screamed watching Lingard on the tv this year but on balance, he's been good in most of our games. His physicality has let him down on occasion but you'd swear he was Djimi Traore. United have a very very good defence right now and it's actually our attack that's outperforming its underlying statistics.

dev1l

Someone on Twitter compiled a serious of errors made by Badiashile. I m not saying he s a bad player , just reminding people that every player is human and make mistakes

Bojan Djordjic

Someone on Twitter compiled a serious of errors made by Badiashile. I m not saying he s a bad player , just reminding people that every player is human and make mistakes
Something a bit lousy about making a compilation of mistakes made by an 18 year old beginning his career. Some of them weren't even that bad. Who judges a players not being at a level because his foot slipped on the grass as he was about to control the ball. FFS.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Something a bit lousy about making a compilation of mistakes made by an 18 year old beginning his career. Some of them weren't even that bad. Who judges a players not being at a level because his foot slipped on the grass as he was about to control the ball. FFS.
Agree. That being said, we should get him some longer studs. Looks like the classic kid playing in firm ground boots in the winter and wondering why he's sliding all over the gaff.

jamesjimmybyrondean

"He is not ready for real Madrid". I mean who is expecting him to bench Varane or Ramos. He's going to be like their Mengi at Madrid. And we don't need him. We already have CBs like him in Tuanzebe and Mengi, we need CBs that can bench Lindelof or Maguire

Bojan Djordjic

"He is not ready for real Madrid". I mean who is expecting him to bench Varane or Ramos. He's going to be like their Mengi at Madrid. And we don't need him. We already have CBs like him in Tuanzebe and Mengi, we need CBs that can bench Lindelof or Maguire
People keeps using Tuanzebe as a reason not to buy young central defensive prospects. The guy has literally missed an entire season and cannot stay fit. He's looked good whenever I've seen him play but he's just not reliable enough. Personally, I'd sell him with a buyback and let him develop at another club and use his fee to buy someone a little more robust.

Mengi looks promising but we have no idea how good he will be as he hasn't broken into the senior team unlike Badiashile who is getting regular game time in a physical league at a similar age. Not putting Mengi down here - he's clearly still very young - but Badiashile seems a little further along in his development. He's also got a lot of rare qualities - combination of size, speed and technique.

jamesjimmybyrondean

People keeps using Tuanzebe as a reason not to buy young central defensive prospects. The guy has literally missed an entire season and cannot stay fit. He's looked good whenever I've seen him play but he's just not reliable enough. Personally, I'd sell him with a buyback and let him develop at another club and use his fee to buy someone a little more robust.

Mengi looks promising but we have no idea how good he will be as he hasn't broken into the senior team unlike Badiashile who is getting regular game time in a physical league at a similar age. Not putting Mengi down here - he's clearly still very young - but Badiashile seems a little further along in his development. He's also got a lot of rare qualities - combination of size, speed and technique.
The CB position needs defenders that can be starters. We have enough CBs to develop. I'm not saying we should not buy young prospects but be should at least be good enough to challenge our starting CBs

Alemar

People keeps using Tuanzebe as a reason not to buy young central defensive prospects. The guy has literally missed an entire season and cannot stay fit.
That’s true, his injury record is arguably worse than Phil Jones’. Very sad story, but looks like Tuanzebe story will not be a very successful one due to injury proneness

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes also 19

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The CB position needs defenders that can be starters. We have enough CBs to develop. I'm not saying we should not buy young prospects but be should at least be good enough to challenge our starting CBs
If you want established first team CBs then your options are limited. Either they are too pricey or don’t want to move. The only option or rather the better option is to buy a young CB and develop him into an established one. Tuanzebe is injury prone and hasn’t proved himself one bit. Mengi just played his first 10 minutes of senior football.

Benoit has been in the first team more than a season now hasnt he? He has played more first team football than both Tuanzebe and Mengi combined. Not buying someone like Benoit is like not buying Sancho cause we have Greenwood on the right wing.

croadyman

If you want established first team CBs then your options are limited. Either they are too pricey or don’t want to move. The only option or rather the better option is to buy a young CB and develop him into an established one. Tuanzebe is injury prone and hasn’t proved himself one bit. Mengi just played his first 10 minutes of senior football.

Benoit has been in the first team more than a season now hasnt he? He has played more first team football than both Tuanzebe and Mengi combined. Not buying someone like Benoit is like not buying Sancho cause we have Greenwood on the right wing.
Yeah I think this guy is worth taking a chance on because clearly he looks a talent and unlike Bailly & Tuanzebe he can actually stay fit as well.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Imagine poring through hours of football to highlight a teenage defender's mistakes.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

You really seriously think that?

Sancho is already top player with experience in club & international. He's good enough to challenge our starting attackers.

Not buying Benoit is more like of not buying Rabbi Matondo because we already have Chong.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Badiashile has done nothing to put him in the same category as Sancho. If you are expecting him to actually come in and challenge Lindelof or Maguire for a starting place then you might need to lower your expectations.

As a team aspiring to be at the top, he's the player you get as a sort of developmental project if you already have top class CBs. And that is my point, we don't have top class CBs and we already have 'development projects' in Mengi and Tuanzebe.

What we need is someone that is ready to challenge our starting CBs Maguire and Lindelof whether he is Old or young. Upamecano is an example of a young CB that can start for us. He's more suited to be in the same category as Sancho.

AKDevil

some of mistakes, some not but good to see.

lysglimt

Scout
He is a fine mix of Gerrard and Phil Jones :) No seriously - he is probably a very talented defender, but he doesn't seem ready for our level yet

Amarsdd

Jokes aside, the video actually highlights how harsh we are with some of our players like Maguire
There was a compilation of Koulibaly's some mistakes this season (can't find it now), that itself had twice as many mistakes (some really rookie mistakes as well) than Maguire has made and yet he's still considered the second best defender in the world. These days football opinions is like fashion trends. When something's in fashion, everyone wears it without thinking whether it looks good or not. And these days criticizing and mocking Maguire is in fashion.

Last edited:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Yeah, seriously you'd despair at times with some of these juvenile fans. I've definitely screamed watching Lingard on the tv this year but on balance, he's been good in most of our games. His physicality has let him down on occasion but you'd swear he was Djimi Traore. United have a very very good defence right now and it's actually our attack that's outperforming its underlying statistics.
Can we get an upgrade? Of course. He's massively underrated on this forum IMO. To suggest that a 19 from Monaco or Tuanzebe (who again, hasn't done anything of note in a United shirt) are better is ridiculous.

Kostov

I does have a lots of feck ups even for a 19 year old CB.

I remember Zouma when he first broke through, he was a fecking rock in France.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
When Rio signed with Leeds, he was ridiculed by Sir alex who thought he is nowhere near to 18m signing. Meanwhile Johnson was signed from a Turkish side, Stam was signed from PSV and Vidic was bought from a Russian side and he needed a couple of months before settling down.

My point is that no one be that these players would do so well so quickly. Now United doesn't need experience. We have DDG, Shaw, Maguire and Matic. What United need is defenders with the right characteristics ie they are good in air, they are not injury prone, they are physically strong, they are rapid and they can distribute the ball neatly. That is the blueprint of a successful United CB.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
When Rio signed with Leeds, he was ridiculed by Sir alex who thought he is nowhere near to 18m signing. Meanwhile Johnson was signed from a Turkish side, Stam was signed from PSV and Vidic was bought from a Russian side and he needed a couple of months before settling down.

My point is that no one be that these players would do so well so quickly. Now United doesn't need experience. We have DDG, Shaw, Maguire and Matic. What United need is defenders with the right characteristics ie they are good in air, they are not injury prone, they are physically strong, they are rapid and they can distribute the ball neatly. That is the blueprint of a successful United CB.
I completely agree with the blue print you describe. It's a blue print that's been abandoned at the club for too long now.

And if you look at and analyse the CBs we've signed post SAF, none ever had the potential to reach world class potential IMO. And because we signed players who weren't ever of the requisite potential, many people now turn up their nose at players who are of the requisite potential due to the likes of Lindelof and Bailly who were never in the same bracket as the likes of Konate or Upamecano.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I completely agree with the blue print you describe. It's a blue print that's been abandoned at the club for too long now.

And if you look at and analyse the CBs we've signed post SAF, none ever had the potential to reach world class potential IMO. And because we signed players who weren't ever of the requisite potential, many people now turn up their nose at players who are of the requisite potential due to the likes of Lindelof and Bailly who were never in the same bracket as the likes of Konate or Upamecano.
People also spoke highly about Mangala back then. I think when talking about ''potential'' isn't as easy as how people can just randomly said it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
People also spoke highly about Mangala back then. I think when talking about ''potential'' isn't as easy as how people can just randomly said it.
Mangala never showed his ability in a major European League. He had potential but not as much as the two players I mentioned in the German Bundesliga which is a very difficult league for CBs.

onemanarmy

There was a compilation of Koulibaly's some mistakes this season (can't find it now), that itself had twice as many mistakes (some really rookie mistakes as well) than Maguire has made and yet he's still considered the second best defender in the world. These days football opinions is like fashion trends. When something's in fashion, everyone wears it without thinking whether it looks good or not. And these days criticizing and mocking Maguire is in fashion.
Fifa generation. Players get hyped up based on a few Youtube highlights.

Also, we watch Maguire week in week out. Every little error is under a microscope.

Mangala never showed his ability in a major European League. He had potential but not as much as the two players I mentioned in the German Bundesliga which is a very difficult league for CBs.
There were huge mental breakdowns here when we didn't sign Mangala. He was outstanding in Portugal. In fact, he was more of a household name in European football than let's say Konate.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You were even over-hyping Mangala back then.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You were even over-hyping Mangala back then.
I agree he had potential and I liked him but he was playing in the Portuguese league whilst the two French CBs at Leipzig are playing at a higher level in a league which is very demanding of CBs due to the high press. It's more difficult to play as a CB in Germany than even England IMO due to the league having better coaches as a whole who implement a high pressure game better in general.

Red_toad

Plenty of folk do on the Caf. Did you not realise?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I agree he had potential and I liked him but he was playing in the Portuguese league whilst the two French CBs at Leipzig are playing at a higher level in a league which is very demanding of CBs due to the high press. It's more difficult to play as a CB in Germany than even England IMO due to the league having better coaches as a whole who implement a high pressure game better in general.
Haller should take a note and start scoring more goals as he used to in Bundesliga.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What berk actually spends their time making a compilation of an 18 year old’s mistakes? :confused:

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
PSG's El Chadaille Bitshiabu will be one to watch in the coming years.

Lots of U21 CB prospects coming through in France. To think Varane won World Cup and Champions League in 2018 and barely went noticed in media...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And Haller should know that CB in Bundesliga are better than PL, should take advantage.
Did you even read what I wrote? Using your reasoning I could use Jurgen Klopp and his gegenpressing as to why he destroyed the competition in England.

Haller was succesful under Hutter because he was playing under a coach who sacrificed defensive stability for goals. And Haller actually proves the point I made, that It's more difficult for CBs in the BuLi due to the volume of coaches who implement a high pressure game which places the CBs in high risk situations high up the pitch in defensive transition. Which in turn leaves alot of space for attackers to exploit.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Did you even read what I wrote? Using your reasoning I could use Jurgen Klopp and his gegenpressing as to why he destroyed the competition in England.

Haller was succesful under Hutter because he was playing under a coach who sacrificed defensive stability for goals. And Haller actually proves the point I made, that It's more difficult for CBs in the BuLi due to the volume of coaches who implement a high pressure game which places the CBs in high risk situations high up the pitch in defensive transition. Which in turn leaves alot of space for attackers to exploit.
Klopp won Bundesliga twice with Dortmund.

Either way, we will only know once the players moved out and see what they are capable of. If defender is only viewed based on ability to play against high press then club should just go for BuLi defenders instead, but there are more into it when it's about defenders.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Klopp won Bundesliga twice with Dortmund.

Either way, we will only know once the players moved out and see what they are capable of. If defender is only viewed based on ability to play against high press then club should just go for BuLi defenders instead, but there are more into it when it's about defenders.
I agree with this post.