Benoît Badiashile

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He did start 4 of the last 7 before lockdown, not sure if that was due to an injury elsewhere. Wonder why the new coach doesn’t rate him considering the sides that seem to be following him.
Moreno picked his guys, Fabregas for example was terrible but somehow managed to be a starter. Glik was terrible but started games after games until it reached a point where Moreno had to do something to save his job following a few tonkings.

Okey

I've watched a lot of Badiashile (thanks to BEIN sports!). Never thought he was anything more than average. Only caveat is he's still a kid. But I'll be surprised if he became a top CB. So is it official now that we're just looking for back up CB??? I'd be quite disappointed by that. What we really need is a starter that's better than Lindelof. This left footed thing isn't really necessary. The only recent great premier league team that has had a left footed starting CB is Citeh with Laporte. Two very good right footed ones will do just fine.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Badiashile is a project/developmental type signing. I don't expect him to be a starter for us from the get go. But in 12 to 18 months that could change. He's still raw and facets of his game need unlocking. But for me it's the right type of move for us if there isn't a ready made option available.

SAFMUTD

He's a highly rated youngster, those are always welcome here. He's rumored to be around 20M so its realatively low risk.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We were supposed to be looking at Pellegri as a backup striker earlier in the summer too... probably nothing in either link but I do like the profile of both players. If pellegri sorted out his fitness he could prove to be a bargain backup improver who offers something different to what we have, he was once one of the highest rated teenagers on the market. even though Badiashile is young he would probably be getting some minutes from the off if he was signed for 30 plus million. Exciting talent!

0le

Badiashile is a project/developmental type signing. I don't expect him to be a starter for us from the get go. But in 12 to 18 months that could change. He's still raw and facets of his game need unlocking. But for me it's the right type of move for us if there isn't a ready made option available.
Agreed. :)

ghagua

We should try and sign a few of these highly-rated youngsters and let them battle it out to see who rises to the top. Can't really be sure who will have it in them to rise up and grab the opportunity. We can make space for them by getting rid of the trash we have in the squad, and hopefully, get some cash back as well

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We should try and sign a few of these highly-rated youngsters and let them battle it out to see who rises to the top. Can't really be sure who will have it in them to rise up and grab the opportunity. We can make space for them by getting rid of the trash we have in the squad, and hopefully, get some cash back as well
I think that’s basically what someone like Rangnick or Campos would do if they came here. Keep the talent moving along nicely while hopefully not losing too much money on players who don’t fully work out. All it takes is one or two punts a season to work out even as squad players to make it a profitable approach. If you find a superstar you’ve hit the jackpot.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Is he in the same mood as Upamecano or Gabriel ? Strong, aggressive, reasonably fast plus some actual technique on the ball ?

These imposing defenders suddenly pop up in force to make a move, all in one transfer window.

Bojan Djordjic

I like the way most of his highlights are just him calmly intercepting passes and stepping in front of attackers. Seems cool under pressure and he can pick a pass.

He definitely doesn't seem as lightning quick as his description in that article that was linked though. Good size, presumably good in the air and should eventually dominate ground duels. His size is a virtue but he looks like a guy that could pack on the pounds. I'll happily admit I've never heard of him but I must admit I like the look of him and we could probably sell him with taking a loss.

I know people want to replace Lindelof with someone new and shiny but we actually have an excellent defence as is. Yeah, there's been individual mistakes but the defensive unit is not the problem at the club. We can easily afford to take on a development project like this kid. He's very mature physically so his pathway to full potential should be quicker than normal.

Mark Pawelek

He's 6' 4" going by his wiki. Any idea if he's quick?
Not so quick; but not slow.
His total for defensive moves = 10/match. (Aerials won, tackles, intercepts, blocks, clearances). Good but not outstanding.
Very good passing. 58 per match at 85% completion rate. Includes 3.6 long passes.
First touch. A bit flaky but he's still only 19.

Haven't we been linked with him for a while, like last year and the year before?

Bojan Djordjic

He needs to bulk up a lot if he is coming to England. Also how many talented CBs do France have?
Are you serious? Did you look at the picture behind the spoiler in the first post? He's an absolute brickhouse and he's 18/19.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Fecking no idea about the player but I am happy for the below reason.
Our management does acknowledge there is an issue with our defense. Left footed with a bit of speed is what we are looking for. Ake ,Gabriel,this guy etc.

And Feck- amount of talented CBs from France :eek:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Is he in the same mood as Upamecano or Gabriel ? Strong, aggressive, reasonably fast plus some actual technique on the ball ?

These imposing defenders suddenly pop up in force to make a move, all in one transfer window.
I don't think any other young player is of the same level as Upamecano.

edcunited1878

Fecking no idea about the player but I am happy for the below reason.
Our management does acknowledge there is an issue with our defense. Left footed with a bit of speed is what we are looking for. Ake ,Gabriel,this guy etc.

And Feck- amount of talented CBs from France :eek:
The issue in defense is more, at the moment and for last season too, is the reliable depth and ability to rotate and spell one of the first choice players throughout the season in Maguire and Lindelof.

Bailly has actually made himself quite available just to the make the bench, but after that it's been a dearth of any senior squad CB...it literally goes down a cliff in terms of quality and available players for selection.

drmuji

Looks like an intelligent defender. Left footed, very composed.

Well, he is playing in French league so not sure how he reacts to when he is really pressed.
But one thing which is striking is that he is HUUUUUUUUUUGE. And to be honest we miss that. A towering central figure

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thanks. At least we have some choices, last summer was Maguire or pretty much no one.
I hope we're unearthing someone who'll become the real deal, but of the known talent, I think it's Koulibaly (at his age, too expensive for us) and Upamecano, who isn't too pricey though his contract renewal has made him more expensive.

Let's see if our scouting network has something up its sleeve. We can't be buying more average players.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I hope we're unearthing someone who'll become the real deal, but of the known talent, I think it's Koulibaly (at his age, too expensive for us) and Upamecano, who isn't too pricey though his contract renewal has made him more expensive.

Let's see if our scouting network has something up its sleeve. We can't be buying more average players.
Sure. We also can't rely on Jones and Bailly plus Tuanzebe is injured while we're at. In terms of fitness these younger defenders mentioned in past days looking simply more fit than what we currently have in deeper squad.

That Badiashile lad played maybe 20 games this season and it's still twice more times than Jones who's on some very decent wages.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sure. We also can't rely on Jones and Bailly plus Tuanzebe is injured while we're at. In terms of fitness these younger defenders mentioned in past days looking simply more fit than what we currently have in deeper squad.

That Badiashile lad played maybe 20 games this season and it's still twice more times than Jones who's on some very decent wages.

League appearances last three seasons (’18, ’19, ’20):

Ibrahim Konate (21) 16 - 28 - 8

Dayot Upamecano (21) 28 - 15 - 28

Pau Torres (23) 25 - 38 - 34

Jordan Torunarigha (22) 12 - 14 - 18

Benoit Badiashile (19) 20 - 16 (Just 19, so only last two seasons)

Gabriel Magalhaes (22) 1 - 14 - 24

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
League appearances last three seasons (’18, ’19, ’20):

Ibrahim Konate (21) 16 - 28 - 8

Dayot Upamecano (21) 28 - 15 - 28

Pau Torres (23) 25 - 38 - 34

Jordan Torunarigha (22) 12 - 14 - 18

Benoit Badiashile (19) 20 - 16 (Just 19, so only last two seasons)

Gabriel Magalhaes (22) 1 - 14 - 24
No surprises there. Torres looking like finished article, Upamecano beast to play 28 games in 2018, but Badiashile enduring quite a lot games in very young age.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No surprises there. Torres looking like finished article, Upamecano beast to play 28 games in 2018, but Badiashile enduring quite a lot games in very young age.
Yeah, I think Badiashile could be a good purchase, but not as a first choice centre back alongside Maguire in the season that begins in less than 2 months. Upamecano had a knee injury that's kept him out in two periods. I don't know too much about it, but he's clearly an outstanding prospect and physically dominating. Konate is still injured and has had a long-term injury this season, hence the few games, so someone to continue to evaluate over the next season or two.

Red_toad

So many links to left footed defenders. Looks a prospect, reminds me of Pally. No idea if there’s any truth in our interest.

yo@Kirk

Of the 2, I favor Upamecano over Badiashile because his physical strength fits the EPL well and the velocity and accuracy of his passes will be of great use to United's quick attackers. He also plays on the left side primarily despite being right footed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Of the 2, I favor Upamecano over Badiashile because his physical strength fits the EPL well and the velocity and accuracy of his passes will be of great use to United's quick attackers. He also plays on the left side primarily despite being right footed.
I think most would favour Upamecano in a either or scenario as things stand. But Upamecano if reports are to be believed will be staying with RBL for the foreseeable future.