Benoît Badiashile

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah he definitely looks to have a serious presence in those videos but Bouhafsi still reckons he is likely to join Leverkusen.
Bouhafsi doesn't say he's likely to join Leverkusen but rather that the German club is ahead due to actually making a offer to Monaco and the player. But he also says that United are working well and actively and discussing several issues head on.

I think we have multiple fall back options if the desired target isn't attainable hence we're testing the water on several fronts.

EngimaMK

Notice that Gabriel is 190cm so would say Badiashile has a bit more physical presence than him, however it really depends what kind of player that we are looking for in this position
You are aware how much 2cm is? Also, physical presence doesn't just correspond to height. Otherwise people would say "height" instead of "physical presence".

Kostov

I am sure this kid is talented having played first team football so young, but why would we go for a 19 year old CB when we have someone like Mengi in our youth team?

Highfather_24

I am sure this kid is talented having played first team football so young, but why would we go for a 19 year old CB when we have someone like Mengi in our youth team?
The same reason we went for Sancho, although we have Greenwood in the team.

Competition is always good. The cream rises to the top.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Not sure if age is Kostov's point. The point is that this guy is still inexperienced & could be still raw means may be not ready to put competition to Lindelof & Maguire at this moment. If the point is about developing young defender, we already have Mengi.

I think this guy is one of many example that every year, we will always hear new young centre back with regard as high potential. So missing this guy won't be a big deal since we might hear a new name next year.

Kostov

Sancho is already a proven player and one of the best RW who will instantly improve our team, this kid is nowhere near as established.

Highfather_24

Sancho is already a proven player and one of the best RW who will instantly improve our team, this kid is nowhere near as established.
But then again, Mengi is nowhere close to having made the impact that Greenwood has made. But that's not the point, and its very unfair to Mengi.

Its not about who is a proven player, its about competition for places. We have so many young academy prospects, who are always touted to become the next big thing, but they rarely make it. There was so much hype about Gomes, Chong etc yet we saw how they are playing in the first team. But then we also have to look at Williams or Greenwood. So its up in the air.

We had Smalling and Evans as backup to Rio and Vida, when we went ahead and bought Jones for a very high fee. Competition is always good. We saw how much Maguire had to play this season. I think Badiashile is a talented young CB(who I have never seen play tbf, just going on reputation here), who can compete with Tuanzebe and Bailly for a spot. Mengi can go on a loan like Tuanzebe/TFM did and prove himself.

I think this guy is one of many example that every year, we will always hear new young centre back with regard as high potential. So missing this guy won't be a big deal since we might hear a new name next year.
Its upto the scouting team to determine which young player to take a gamble on. If we had the same mentality we could have though "hey why buy this Christiano guy, we see some new flashy winger every year", we might have missed out. And maybe we should have HAD that kind of thinking when we went for Bebe/Obertan/Depay.

So its always a gamble.

jesperjaap

Yeah my gut feeling is that the CB signing will be under the £30m mark. I would presume that your fourth signing would have been a DM or were you thinking of a backup LB.
DM probably the third signing. I really want us to sign Grealish for the hug squad depth he gives us in several positions from just one player.....but with 5 or 6 excellent young dm around at the moment and that I dont trust Matic for next season let alone fact no back up, unless we can get his price down a fair bit which I doubt or sell the vast majority of our deadwood which I also doubt, I would probably prioritise a DM and cheap AM for the money Grealish would cost, but I feel we will do SAncho, an CB under £30m and Grealish still, which is a great window but still a concern

Infra-red

We won't sign a cb unless we shift some from dross.
Agreed. If Smalling is coming back, as now looks likely, we absolutely have to find buyers for Jones and Rojo, maybe Bailly, too.

Maguire, Badiashile, Lindelof, Smalling would not be an awful set of four.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Never heard of him, never watched him, want him!
Desperate for him! And I can say categorically if woody doesn’t get this done he is a fraud :lol:

Who wouldn’t want the Canadian crippler in defence anyway?!

jamesjimmybyrondean

But then again, Mengi is nowhere close to having made the impact that Greenwood has made. But that's not the point, and its very unfair to Mengi.

Its not about who is a proven player, its about competition for places. We have so many young academy prospects, who are always touted to become the next big thing, but they rarely make it. There was so much hype about Gomes, Chong etc yet we saw how they are playing in the first team. But then we also have to look at Williams or Greenwood. So its up in the air.

We had Smalling and Evans as backup to Rio and Vida, when we went ahead and bought Jones for a very high fee. Competition is always good. We saw how much Maguire had to play this season. I think Badiashile is a talented young CB(who I have never seen play tbf, just going on reputation here), who can compete with Tuanzebe and Bailly for a spot. Mengi can go on a loan like Tuanzebe/TFM did and prove himself.

Its upto the scouting team to determine which young player to take a gamble on. If we had the same mentality we could have though "hey why buy this Christiano guy, we see some new flashy winger every year", we might have missed out. And maybe we should have HAD that kind of thinking when we went for Bebe/Obertan/Depay.

So its always a gamble.
Our starting CBs aren't close to being as good as Rio and Vidic. So we don't need a CB that is competing with Bailly, Tuanzebe and Mengi. We need one that is good enough to compete with Maguire and Lindelof and even displace them. And from what I've heard from people who have watched Badiashile, he is still very raw and inexperienced and at best would be a squad option for a top side. I think with Tuanzebe and Mengi we have enough of raw and inexperience with potential in CB position, we need someone that would compete with Maguire and Lindelof instead and can displace them

sp_107

Gabriel's the Vidic, Badiashile's the Ferdinand. Sign them both.

Go into the season with
1st choice Badiashile Maguire
2nd choice Gabriele Lindelof
Development Tuanzebe

Out goes
Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Bailly....
Best solution I say

red thru&thru

I really like the look of this kid. But what I want to see is, how he deals with the pressure of a team press, when bringing the ball out? Would be great if there videos of him just bringing the ball out etc.

red thru&thru

Are you saying Tuanzebe deserves to be first choice next season? He will get a chance to fight for the position but he has showed nothing for United’s 1st team yet.
I really, really like Axel. Unfortunately, you can just see he will be an injury prone player. I really hope I'm wrong but that's how I see things for him. And for this reason, I just don't see a long term future for him at United. Menghi might just replace him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Are you saying Tuanzebe deserves to be first choice next season? He will get a chance to fight for the position but he has showed nothing for United’s 1st team yet.
Nah I'm saying Axel isn't under the development category. Ole already sees him as second choice. And Badiashile from what I've heard from Monaco fans isn't good enough to be a starter for a top team right now

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Wonder how many here would be screaming for us to sign Tengi or Tuanzebe if they were playing for another club and there was some short videos of their best performances on YouTube. Now that we have them in our club, we seem to rank every teenage CB above them both even though 99% of us in here have never seen them play, or probably even heard about them before some journalist puts up a article about us being interested.

sp_107

He will be a better option than Baily/Jones/Rojo/Smalling for sure.

I hope Ed/Ole work on more clean-up this summer and make a compact team with players who can add something to the team.

MrSingh2002

Until Tuanzebe has an injury free run and shows consistancy as a starter of course hes in that category. I rate him highly and thats why Id clear the current crop of CBs for him.

Doesnt mean that today Badiashile and Gabriele wouldnt be better players for us.

croadyman

I really, really like Axel. Unfortunately, you can just see he will be an injury prone player. I really hope I'm wrong but that's how I see things for him. And for this reason, I just don't see a long term future for him at United. Menghi might just replace him.
Yeah that is my worry about him as well and was gutted when he picked up that injury before the Liverpool game last October.

croadyman

DM probably the third signing. I really want us to sign Grealish for the hug squad depth he gives us in several positions from just one player.....but with 5 or 6 excellent young dm around at the moment and that I dont trust Matic for next season let alone fact no back up, unless we can get his price down a fair bit which I doubt or sell the vast majority of our deadwood which I also doubt, I would probably prioritise a DM and cheap AM for the money Grealish would cost, but I feel we will do SAncho, an CB under £30m and Grealish still, which is a great window but still a concern
Yeah I wish we would sign a DM too but Ole seems determined to give Scott a chance to be Matic's deputy next season,however would expect this to be a priority next summer if the experiment doesn't work out.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Until Tuanzebe has an injury free run and shows consistancy as a starter of course hes in that category. I rate him highly and thats why Id clear the current crop of CBs for him.

Doesnt mean that today Badiashile and Gabriele wouldnt be better players for us.
Tuanzebe pre injury was already second choice. You excluded him in the second choice category

red thru&thru

Yeah I wish we would sign a DM too but Ole seems determined to give Scott a chance to be Matic's deputy next season,however would expect this to be a priority next summer if the experiment doesn't work out.
I do like Scott though. It's more than just ability when it comes to homegrown players.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We cleared out a lot of players from the development squads. Perhaps these type of players will go into u23 first

jesperjaap

I do like Scott though. It's more than just ability when it comes to homegrown players.
Agree on the home grown aspect. At the same time though, you can just see the huge improvement in us after the lock down once McTominay and Fred were replaced.
For me, the reality is one is a homegrown player, the other we paid what was it over £50m for and NEITHER of them are starting eleven players. Also more importantly, neither of them are defensive midfielders. Both really are moer completely different players for the Pogba role. DO we even need both in the squad now? I liek him but would happily sell Fred to go towards buying a proper defensive midfielder as jsut like Badiashile, there are plenty of very talented young players in the French league for these positions that would be cost effective as well

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he among the best of the young French CBs ? As we should be targetting the best of that bunch

jamesjimmybyrondean

Wonder how many here would be screaming for us to sign Tengi or Tuanzebe if they were playing for another club and there was some short videos of their best performances on YouTube. Now that we have them in our club, we seem to rank every teenage CB above them both even though 99% of us in here have never seen them play, or probably even heard about them before some journalist puts up a article about us being interested.
Tbh he looks a beast in the highlights videos. Like exactly what we need. And that's what most of us in here are judging him by. I've seen a Monaco fan that has watched him alot say he's raw and inexperienced and isn't ready to make the jump to a top team and for me we already have raw and inexperienced with Mengi and Tuanzebe so we don't need more of that. We need a CB that is ready to fight for a spot with Lindelof or Maguire. Badiashile from what I heard isn't ready. It's more like if he's coming to a top team then you must have Ramos and Varane or Rio and Vidic in defense

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I'm so unsure of the CB situation.

I feel like we have a good CB (Maguire) and a fairly good CB (Lindelof) and then a number of unreliable, limited, injury prone CBs.

So what's our plan? Surely its one of the following two:

1. Get an established top class CB like Koulibaly and blow Lindelof out of the water or

2. Get a proven, reliable decent CB who will actually be there when we need him and provide a fairly guaranteed level of quality - perhaps Ake to City is a bit of an example from them.

I just don't see Gabriel or this guy fit into this. Hard to tell what the plan is.

But obviously they've been scouted extensively and the club must know what they're doing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tah, Tapsoba and Badiashile would be like an NFL frontline :lol:

croadyman

I feel like we have a good CB (Maguire) and a fairly good CB (Lindelof) and then a number of unreliable, limited, injury prone CBs.

1. Get an established top class CB like Koulibaly and blow Lindelof out of the water or

2. Get a proven, reliable decent CB who will actually be there when we need him and provide a fairly guaranteed level of quality - perhaps Ake to City is a bit of an example from them.

I just don't see Gabriel or this guy fit into this. Hard to tell what the plan is.

But obviously they've been scouted extensively and the club must know what they're doing.
Personally I don't think it's the first one as still got a feeling we will move for Grealish later and cannot see us buying expensive CB as well.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Third category which I think we should be looking at:
3) A cheap young CB that is good enough to be a reliable solid squad option and has the ability to displace Lindelof or Maguire. I think this is what we are going for with Gabriel or Badiashile or we just want a left footed CB. Kabak would be my number one choice for this category

The only top class CBs we could get are Koulibaly, Gimenez and maybe Carlos(?). All of which would cost a certain amount I don't see us spending after the purchase of Sancho.

croadyman

Third category which I think we should be looking at:
3) A cheap young CB that is good enough to be a reliable solid squad option and has the ability to displace Lindelof or Maguire. I think this is what we are going for with Gabriel or Badiashile or we just want a left footed CB. Kabak would be my number one choice for this category

The only top class CBs we could get are Koulibaly, Gimenez and maybe Carlos(?). All of which would cost a certain amount I don't see us spending after the purchase of Sancho.
Yeah I could see us going down the third option route too,this would also give us an opportunity to still get Grealish/VDB before the end of the window as well.

MrSingh2002

Tuanzebe pre injury was already second choice. You excluded him in the second choice category
The game moves on and doesn't wait for people. He starts again. I'm someone that wants to play him ahead of Lindelof but he'll have to prove himself again.

Revan

Assumptionman
We cleared out a lot of players from the development squads. Perhaps these type of players will go into u23 first
I don't think we'll spend 30m for a u23 player. And well, we have only 2 defenders who can stay fit (providing that Smalling leaves).

Seven Seas Sardines

Pretty sure Smalling will leave. We won't be entertaining him playing out from the back, and several other Serie A clubs are interested. We won't get a ready-made left-footed CB on the cheap either so I think Badiashile is our best option.

Hopefully Bailly plays a blinder in the EL and we line up like this next season.

Maguire - Bailly
Badiashile - Tuanzebe
Lindelöf - Mengi

MetoTTT

Pretty sure Smalling will leave. We won't be entertaining him playing out from the back, and several other Serie A clubs are interested. We won't get a ready-made left-footed CB on the cheap either so I think Badiashile is our best option.

Hopefully Bailly plays a blinder in the EL and we line up like this next season.

Maguire - Bailly
Badiashile - Tuanzebe
Lindelöf - Mengi
So Lindelof is becoming 5th choice...wow!:houllier:

Last edited: