Benzema’s Criminal Case

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
In the end, that's why he won't face anything serious IMHO even if I just don't understand how he could be so fecking stupid to get involved in something like this.
Imagine being treated like a king for years and years, I suspect you come to think you can get away with anything.

cyberman

Right, but you'd think a player like Aguero would tempt Real into making a bid. @BobbyManc says it's to do with Arab funding for Real's ground expansion, or something like that.
I think it involves not going after the same targets as well, Madrid wouldn't want City's pockets driving up the transfer fee or wages.

kidbob

Right, but you'd think a player like Aguero would tempt Real into making a bid. @BobbyManc says it's to do with Arab funding for Real's ground expansion, or something like that.
As good as Aguero is surely it's not worth Real paying that kind of fee for a guy who is constantly missing chunks of games. Benzema might not be as good but what I can recall he is mostly fit and has always been a good foil for Ronaldo.

Moriarty

As good as Aguero is surely it's not worth Real paying that kind of fee for a guy who is constantly missing chunks of games. Benzema might not be as good but what I can recall he is mostly fit and has always been a good foil for Ronaldo.
Maybe he'd miss less games in La Liga. The thought of Aguero and Ronaldo in the same forward line is frightening.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Maybe he'd miss less games in La Liga. The thought of Aguero and Ronaldo in the same forward line is frightening.
Is it? Aguero playing on the flanks or as a facilitator for Ronaldo is questionable and may also not be worth the money. Never mind his constant injuries.

Last edited:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Benzema is a straight up cnut. Not sure how Benzema and Valbuena could ever be expected to share a locker room again for France. Sanctity of the locker room is sacred in American sports, I'm thinking it'd be the same in this scenario as well.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid needs the money of the sheik to finance the new Bernabeu,500 m€. The things are not very clear but would be something like "Abu Dhabi" or Cepsa Bernabeu. Florentino had other plans but not related to Madrid but ACS(the theme park seems a forgotten project),among them some kind of contract in Abu Dhabi airport. City sheik tried to buy Madrid years ago but couldn't.
I don't think that is a strong agreement but some deal to not provoke players rebellions or light the fuse with the press.Florentino asked for Kun and the sheik refused.I think that after that Kun renewed.
Florentino also cares the relationship with PSG,in thiscase for a highway in Qatar. Anyway in Spanish press there are hardly news about this

C'est Moi Cantona

Madrid needs the money of the sheik to finance the new Bernabeu,500 m€. The things are not very clear but would be something like "Abu Dhabi" or Cepsa Bernabeu. Florentino had other plans but not related to Madrid but ACS(the theme park seems a forgotten project),among them some kind of contract in Abu Dhabi airport. City sheik tried to buy Madrid years ago but couldn't.
I don't think that is a strong agreement but some deal to not provoke players rebellions or light the fuse with the press.Florentino asked for Kun and the sheik refused.I think that after that Kun renewed.
Florentino also cares the relationship with PSG,in thiscase for a highway in Qatar. Anyway in Spanish press there are hardly news about this
You've got admit Carvajal that this sounds wrong, if 'the sheik' wants to finance the Bernabeu then it should be done totally independently to anything that is going on at City, the way you're saying it, and other people are inferring is that this deal was only struck on the understanding that Madrid (the kings of the transfer market) are scared off going near any of City's players for fear of what might happen, for want of a better word it's pathetic, and certainly not healthy in football terms.

Surprised Madrid want investment from these sources myself, what's wrong with a good old bank loan, never did United any harm ...:(

kidbob

So basically Aguero and probably Silva too are slaves who won't be allowed leave their club to go to a better team in a country they'd much rather live and play in. If that's true I'm surprised no clubs have gotten wind of this and complained. It would basically be one of the most unethical things encountered in football.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You've got admit Carvajal that this sounds wrong, if 'the sheik' wants to finance the Bernabeu then it should be done totally independently to anything that is going on at City, the way you're saying it, and other people are inferring is that this deal was only struck on the understanding that Madrid (the kings of the transfer market) are scared off going near any of City's players for fear of what might happen, for want of a better word it's pathetic, and certainly not healthy in football terms.

Surprised Madrid want investment from these sources myself, what's wrong with a good old bank loan, never did United any harm ...:(
Hello my friend, how are you? I didn´t see you for a while.
You're right , at least I don´t like to see Florentino mixing Madrid with the welfare of his company, but then it must be admitted who are the new bosses of football. Even the FFP can´t stop them . Madrid does not have unlimited money and may need to be protected in some way , as well as stop any future interest in the team . In any case, I have very little information and City fans probably know more .
With the current situation in Spain they can´t afford to ask those scandalous bank loans and less with the debate on the debt and the different accountings

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
In which universe are Bayern selling their world class striker who is in the form of his life and has a contract until 2019 without any available replacement in sight? :confused:

@Balu
In the universe in which his agent would love to whore him out to a 'much bigger club'.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
So basically Aguero and probably Silva too are slaves who won't be allowed leave their club to go to a better team in a country they'd much rather live and play in. If that's true I'm surprised no clubs have gotten wind of this and complained. It would basically be one of the most unethical things encountered in football.
Not only that but also the firmness with which they work in City. Tevez, who rebelled , could be a good example, or Toure, who threatened to leave in every possible way and finished accepting the situation. They also tend to renew the players well in advance.
Madrid can try to negotiate but if a player has 3/4 years left without release clause then City has no need to negotiate . All Madrid will get are many players asking salary increases the next year

C'est Moi Cantona

Hello my friend, how are you? I didn´t see you for a while.
You're right , at least I don´t like to see Florentino mixing Madrid with the welfare of his company, but then it must be admitted who are the new bosses of football. Even the FFP can´t stop them . Madrid does not have unlimited money and may need to be protected in some way , as well as stop any future interest in the team . In any case, I have very little information and City fans probably know more .
With the current situation in Spain they can´t afford to ask those scandalous bank loans and less with the debate on the debt and the different accountings
I'm good thanks amigo (check my Spanish out!), I am still fairly active on here, just not so much DDG chat to get us crossing swords atm maybe, but I'm sure we'll back to that soon enough.

To the case in point, it just seems wrong that Madrid are borrowing money/taking investment from the owners of a club like City, and this whilst seemingly been dictated to about who they can and can't bid for, it's sad to see but I guess it's a means to an end for you guys, just surprised that with your huge revenue you haven't been able to fund it some other way.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Benzema is a straight up cnut. Not sure how Benzema and Valbuena could ever be expected to share a locker room again for France. Sanctity of the locker room is sacred in American sports, I'm thinking it'd be the same in this scenario as well.
You sound like the catholic church. Then again, American football has had it's share of pedos in high school football and the sport is notorious for bullying.
The NFL also has locker rooms interviews after the match. Not much sanctity left there for some.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
To quote John McEnroe, you cannot be serious.

RooneyLegend

So Benzema is in trouble cause he's trying to use his connections in the underworld to help Valbuena? What's wrong with that? He isn't black mailing him at all. He's just telling him he can get his tiny sex-video making behind connected to the guys that have the video to hear what they want.

podurban2

So Benzema is in trouble cause he's trying to use his connections in the underworld to help Valbuena? What's wrong with that? He isn't black mailing him at all. He's just telling him he can get his tiny sex-video making behind connected to the guys that have the video to hear what they want.
From the recording it doesn't seem like he is genuinely worried about Benzema. Also, he obviously knows how to get in contact with the person who has the tape (probably even knows his name), so he could have gone to the authorities and outed this "friend's friend"...

manutddjw

If the transcript is of his conversation verbatim, I don't see how they can punish him or see him fit to stand trial.

It's obvious he has some sort of disability that causes him to constantly repeat himself.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
In order for it to be conspiracy to blackmail shouldn't a person do more than talk about what he said to the person who was blackmailed? It's not a crime to know a criminal.

What's the system like in France. A jury or just a judge/judges?

RooneyLegend

From the recording it doesn't seem like he is genuinely worried about Benzema. Also, he obviously knows how to get in contact with the person who has the tape (probably even knows his name), so he could have gone to the authorities and outed this "friend's friend"...
And he shouldn't be. Its not him that's on the video. He's just a national team team-mate after all. How's this gonna lead to him not sleeping at night?

Not obvious at all since he's trying to get him connected to a friend that will lead him to those people. He probably does know the name but that tells nothing really.

Please tell me why he'd snitch? Firstly, telling the authorities wouldn't be good at all(for valbuena) as then they(the friends, friend) could then simply just leak the tape as they'd be nothing to be gained anymore. Also, we don't know how dangerous these people are. What if it wouldn't be a good idea for Benzema's safety to be snitching on them? He doesn't have any kind words to say about him even when he's talking to a personal friend of his!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
In order for it to be conspiracy to blackmail shouldn't a person do more than talk about what he said to the person who was blackmailed? It's not a crime to know a criminal.

What's the system like in France. A jury or just a judge/judges?
This case would be just 3 judges (no jury).

Halftrack

I don't know about France specifically, but in most countries, knowingly neglecting to report a crime is a crime in itself. And while he might have been trying to help Valbuena out of the goodness of his heart, the transcript suggests that that's not the case. He's advicing him not to talk to anyone about it, and is heavily implying that it would be bad for Valbuena not to comply. He's far from innocent, the way I see it. The question is whether they have enough to get a conviction, especially given the generally higher standard of evidence needed to convict the rich and famous.