Benzema’s Criminal Case

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Some days ago Diego Torres wrote in El Pais a good article about this,too lazzy to translate but he was writing about the sense of belonging and loyalty that prevails in the french suburbs,Bron in this case.Loyalty that is still chasing Karim.
That friend already had problems for moving hashish from Spain to France

Iron Stove

Wealthy, admired dude with a gangster complex.

I really like him as a player, but this is all rather pathetic.

Phone call transcript

ottosec

Benzema: Go ahead, I saw the other guy [Valbuena].

Zenati: And, what do you think?

Benzema: Um, what do I think, the truth?

Zenati: Yes.

Benzema: I think that he does not take us seriously.

Zenati: No.

Benzema: There you have it.

Zenati: Yes, so that means in reality, I think, he will not give anything away, no?

Benzema: Yes, yes, yes, yes, he is not taking us seriously.

Zenati: What did he say to you?

Benzema: What did he say to me, euh, you know at the beginning he believed, he believed (inaudible) you see, that it was a joke… I told him: I’m here to help matters. You need to see this guy. He will come. He will speak to you. But I give you my word that there is not another copy (of the sextape). After that we spoke, and spoke, in the video you see my tattoos (Valbuena asked).

You see everything, in short. I said to him. I am serious, I said to him, honestly, I have seen it, the video, I said to him. He said I know. But what do they want? I said to him, I have no idea what they want, I said to him, it is not me, he said to me yes, he wants money. Well, in my opinion you see, I said if I had a video like that of a guy… Well in any case they want to create a buzz, it would not be the same buzz if it was you…

Zenati: You’re right.

Benzema: Yes.

Zenati: (laughs)

Benzema: But brother, brother, it is true that it is true that it will not make the same buzz as it would for me, but brother you are putting an end to his career brother. It is needless, he is having tomatoes thrown at him. I said to him, it is not a question of buzz, but a question of pride.

Zenati: Um.

Benzema: I spoke to him about family, I said that it has nothing to do with buzz, we don’t give a shit, I said to him then. I said to him that now that if someone releases a photo, a video like that. That for me that does absolutely nothing but your mother, your father they will see your woman or I have no idea who. You see, after that he was thinking, thinking. I said to him that in any case he should do what he wants. There, I am with the French national team until Sunday, if you give me your number, I will give it, I will give it to my friend. He will come to see you in Lyon, you will discuss it, you see with him, he did not want to. Well, its your life, but I warned you eh?

Zenati: It is good brother, you have done really well.

Benzema: There you go, I said to him that. After that I do not know what he will do. He will call his agent, he will say that they have the video. I said to him, listen, there is no intermediary, no lawyer, no friend, no agent, no police, its not what you want.

Benzema: I said to him that if you want the video to be destroyed, come see my friend in Lyon. You see him directly and you speak with him, you send nobody.

Zenati: Well, there you go, that’s good.

Benzema: He said to me where did the video come from? I said to him: I have no idea where it came from.

Zenati: When he goes to sleep, he will know that you have told the truth.

Benzema: Well no, he was completely white.

Zenati: Yes.

Benzema: He said to me, the video, where did you see it? How long ago? After, he was asking me questions, but it was like how… I saw him gulping, he started gulping twice, three times.

Zenati: (laughs)

Benzema: You see, you see a guy when he is panicking, have you seen that?

Zenati: You know that they are the best, when they do there little thing but na, na, na, na and after…

Benzema: Yes, he even said to me: you know who was the first who told me, it is Cissé. I said yes but Cissé had a hard time like that.

Benzema: I said to him, he (Cissé) did what? He said to me: he paid. I said to him: and the video, was it released or not? He said to me no. I said to him: me when I say to you that I have one word, it is that the video will not be released. Now, you do what you want. I came to see you because I saw this video, I was told about it, I cannot laugh with you in the dressing room and not tell you.

He said to me yes but when do they want to release it, if they release it, for the Euros? I said to him, well, I think, it is then when they would probably release it eh. I said to him if it was me who had a video like that, me I would not ask for money, I would release it, I would sell it to journalists. You see, I told him that.

Benzema: He said to me yes, well, thanks a lot and all, give me a day or two and I will tell you (Benzema laughs). He will call me, give me the contact details, please (he laughs).

Zenati: (he laughs) It is for him. Me, us, brother, we are helping him.

Benzema: Me, I am helping you (Benzema to Valbuena)… I said to him look, I don’t give a shit, it is not me. I came to see you. Yes thank you, it is good of you. He said to me: What do they want? I said to him: me I do not know. My aim, my thing ends here, you see, my train ends here. Now my friend (Zenati), he takes the matter up. He is the guy who knows the person, there is only one person who has your video. But I do not know him but my friend, he knows him.

Now if you want to sort this out, give your number, I will give it to him and you can take it up with him.

Zenati: Yes, perfect.

Benzema: I said to him: he is my friend, my mate, my best friend, he is like my brother. It is like as if he had a video of me.

Zenati: Hum.

Benzema: He said to me, yes, but you what would you have done? I said to him: me, I don’t give a shit about buzz, you see, so I would have paid just for my family… I said to him: you, if it is about buzz, if it is just about the buzz and you have warned your family, and they don’t care, well then let it be released, I said to him.

Zenati: Well yes, even I would have said that brother, but there you have it… (he laughs) Yes, yes it us brother, we are here in any case to sort it out. If he does not want it, then leave him, he can deal with these piranhas, he will deal with these piranhas and then he will…

Benzema: They will piss all over him.

Zenati: They will piss all over him brother, I’m fired up eh.

Benzema: The piranhas they will eat him, bro.

Zenati: Yes when you said to me that he was a good friend, I said to you yes after maybe they will ask the friend, they will say to him, I do not know, two football match tickets or I do not know what else they are playing at.

Benzema: (he laughs)

Zenati: There you go, job done, after that he will do what he wants.
http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...ts-karim-benzema-within-the-laws-firing-line/

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
That transcript is appalling, but surely the French police will get in serious trouble for leaking evidence (assuming it's true)? That's not the way a justice system should work.

InfiniteBoredom

Benzema looks like a right cvnt in that transcript, but I don't think there's particularly anything too damning in there. He will have the best lawyers and they will spin it in his favor.

krazyrobus

What's the penalty for being involved in blackmail or extortion in France?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jheeze, that transcript is very telling. What a buffoon.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The transcript doesn't actually incriminate Benz

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
yes it does in admitting he has ownership and control of the video whilst talking to his co-conspirator.
Hmm maybe I must have missed that bit.
Seemed like the only thing he admitted is that he had seen the video, and that his friend knew the person who had it.
Which the bit at the ends seems to support.

The part about not involving police or agent though, that bit I'm not sure about.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Don't know what this conversation amounts to, technically, but it seems to prove that he knows who the blackmailers are. And rather than providing either the victim or the authorities with this information, he opts for hanging out with the perpetrators, having a laugh about it. That has to be criminal to some extent. If not complicity, then - something.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Don't know what this conversation amounts to, technically, but it seems to prove that he knows who the blackmailers are. And rather than providing either the victim or the authorities with this information, he opts for hanging out with the perpetrators, having a laugh about it. That has to be criminal to some extent. If not complicity, then - something.
I think he never directly mentioned that he knows them (although it wouldn't be a surprise if he does) so he can feel "safe" about it. He most definitely knows the guy in between them, the middle-man.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
There's so many ways to look at this. Benezema could have said to the lad, and you pay me back but he didn't. What good would talking to the person do for the player? In my opinion, not only is there a back up but the blackmail would probably be ongoing. Looks bad for Benzema.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I think he never directly mentioned that he knows them (although it wouldn't be a surprise if he does) so he can feel "safe" about it. He most definitely knows the guy in between them, the middle-man.
Yes, true - but he clearly knows the middle-man, is caught on tape having a laugh with him, no less. And the middle-man can't be considered an innocent party, surely? And so Benzema looks very much like a part of the whole set-up, having acted as some form of go-between here.

Who knows, though - it's a matter of technicalities, I suppose. He probably has a sharp enough lawyer.

cyberman

Aguero bid in Jan?
This will be a nightmare for Madrid. Ronaldo strongly rumoured to leave in the summer, having to replace Benzema if this follows through and the rumours from last year of Bale having just one more year in Spain before moving on.
Coping with all this and the money coming into England which will push the prices up for the players they need on top of their stadium reconstruction

prath92

Why would benzema blackmail valbuena? Wouldn't he be more well to do than valbuena?

Cait Sith

Rumours of a deal agreed for Lewandowski already. Wouldn't mind him joining us.
In which universe are Bayern selling their world class striker who is in the form of his life and has a contract until 2019 without any available replacement in sight? :confused:

@Balu

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yes, true - but he clearly knows the middle-man, is caught on tape having a laugh with him, no less. And the middle-man can't be considered an innocent party, surely? And so Benzema looks very much like a part of the whole set-up, having acted as some form of go-between here.

Who knows, though - it's a matter of technicalities, I suppose. He probably has a sharp enough lawyer
In the end, that's why he won't face anything serious IMHO even if I just don't understand how he could be so fecking stupid to get involved in something like this.

NoLogo

In which universe are Bayern selling their world class striker who is in the form of his life and has a contract until 2019 without any available replacement in sight? :confused:

@Balu
In the world of some Real Madrid close Spanish tabloid football magazine. There is no deal in place and he won't come to Real. He turned them down before in favour of Bayern. Maybe in a year or two he might look to move on but I doubt it's now that he has the season of his life as well.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The problem with this transcript is that it's translated. I reckon if this were part of a trial then lawyers would twist every word and without actually seeing the original (and of course fully understanding French) I find it hard to say how ambiguous or unclear some of the things he said might actually be.