Benzema’s Criminal Case

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I saw the Mundo Deportivo article, Adisa said there was one in El Mundo though. El Mundo, particularly when talking about court cases and stuff, tend to know more (or treat it more deeply) than the sporting press.
Sorry,It's the same article.

RedFish

Is it worth a cheeky bid in January?

Edit: This is all rather unpleasant, obviously. It's not that lohg ago when he was involved with Ribery in 'that' underage prostitution case which was eventually dropped. Mind boggles....

Last edited:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Depends on the date of the trial.

jem

Edit: This is all rather unpleasant, obviously. It's not that lohg ago when he was involved with Ribery in 'that' underage prostitution case which was eventually dropped. Mind boggles....
feck him. He's never shown the slightest interest in coming here.

Halftrack

riiiiiiight....
What's so strange about that? He's a despicable human being, a lot of people don't want players like that at their club.

Anyhow, didn't Ribery and Nasri (among others) use to give Valbuena a hard time while they were all at Marseille?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Benzema has 0.01% chances to get jailed.

Real could try to sell him this summer if they want to appear morally whiter than merengue; but they're likely to back him and give him a contract extension as this is the most sensible decision business-wise when so few top strikers are available on the market.

France should drop Benzema because that's unacceptable bahaviour that happened at a France meeting. Valbuena could also be dropped eventually, but that's because he isn't good enough anymore.
According to many journos and former players who played under Deschamps (Rothen), there is no way Benzema will get called up after this now.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

You have to wonder if the players would accept him and what kind of team mate he'd be, tbh.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How would he fare at a club that wasn't Chelsea?
I don't know but what he did affected his NT more than what Benzema and Nasri have done to the French NT so far. Stripped of the armband twice, made the manager resign for England to be left with Hodgson and got Rio kicked out.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Me too and good riddance I say. It'll be interesting to see what Perez will do at Real Madrid because if he is found guilty (which I still don't think he will), he said Benzema wouldn't play for Real Madrid anymore or something like that.
Perez says a lot of things.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Being booted from the national team is one thing, but I can't see Real letting him go. No chance at all.

Enigma_87

You know who
Whilst there is the risk of a five year minimum sentence (plus the time off required for the court case.) I doubt there is a queue of clubs wanting him
Is there really a possibility for effective sentence and jail time? Having in mind the high profile he has I pretty much doubt so...

Snow

Is there really a possibility for effective sentence and jail time? Having in mind the high profile he has I pretty much doubt so...
Probational sentence and a fine is more likely. I don't think there's much point in sending Benzema to jail. Jail are supposed to be a form of punishment and rehabilitation. He's of no danger to society, on the outside he's a bigger taxpayer than he would be on the inside. Also, if he's that stupid to take part of this he might be stupid enough to be brainwashed into radical thinking.

Enigma_87

You know who
Probational sentence and a fine is more likely. I don't think there's much point in sending Benzema to jail. Jail are supposed to be a form of punishment and rehabilitation. He's of no danger to society, on the outside he's a bigger taxpayer than he would be on the inside. Also, if he's that stupid to take part of this he might be stupid enough to be brainwashed into radical thinking.
I think that is the most likely thing that will happen. Even if he's found guilty and sentenced to jail, I'd imagine he'll get off the hook with community service after the appeal. Much alike Cantona.

But again, have no idea how the law is in France in regards to that. I remember Marion Jones serving actual jail time back in 2008, was something like 6 months.

Snow

You mind explaining how?
For example in regards to religion, there are not many people who are deeply religious that weren't brought up in that environment or became religious through jail time or other kinds of hardship like addiction.

Radical people are often ignorant people being coerced by charismatic people. If you go to prison you're almost forced to become a part of a radical group whether you only "fit in" because of the scenario you're in or not. Be it religion, racism or whatever, in prison you're surrounded by it. Now Benzema has shown that he already is willing to do stuff for his mates that are dubious. There's absolutely no reason for him to do this besides looking good in their eyes or feeling he owes them something. Judging by the transcript he's not himself in any danger, this was done at his own will. He's also already religious so to me he seems already to be a guy that's pretty easy to persuade.

The comment itself was just tongue-in-cheek but it's not that different.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
For example in regards to religion, there are not many people who are deeply religious that weren't brought up in that environment or became religious through jail time or other kinds of hardship like addiction.

Radical people are often ignorant people being coerced by charismatic people. If you go to prison you're almost forced to become a part of a radical group whether you only "fit in" because of the scenario you're in or not. Be it religion, racism or whatever, in prison you're surrounded by it. Now Benzema has shown that he already is willing to do stuff for his mates that are dubious. There's absolutely no reason for him to do this besides looking good in their eyes or feeling he owes them something. Judging by the transcript he's not himself in any danger, this was done at his own will. He's also already religious so to me he seems already to be a guy that's pretty easy to persuade.

The comment itself was just tongue-in-cheek but it's not that different.
It's all plausible until the bolded part. He's actually not religious. Just an idiot who's standing for his friends who he grew up with.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
I wouldn't let him in my house. If I owned a team, I wouldn't let him or his criminal pals anywhere near my delicate millionaires.

Brophs

The One and Only
I can see it now. We sign him. Day 1 at training; "Wazza, Giggsy, my phone has broken. Do you have an old one I could borrow?"

Bwuk

Imagine Arsenal had signed him in the summer and this had all happened.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
According to many journos and former players who played under Deschamps (Rothen), there is no way Benzema will get called up after this now.
Good. Hopefully that will teach the next generation to bahave better and manage their entourage.

We have alternatives anyway with Giroud, Griezmann and Martial.