Benzema’s Criminal Case

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'd rather Martial play on the wing...he's had to carry the attacking hopes of United, adding those of the host nation would be so much pressure.
There is a fair chance that France play without wingers in a 4-3-1-2.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
It'll be Giroud. Griezmann is quality all the same and I think France should find a central role for him. Maybe shadowing Olivier. Truthfully, I'd love to see France abandoning their tried and tested failures and trying something new and dynamic. A team, for example, of:

Lloris
Sagna
Varane
Koscielny
Evra
Matuidi
Pogba
Martial
Griezmann
Fekir
Giroud

With Fekir and Martial playing on the wings, Griezmann making runs beyond Giroud and Olivier dropping for the link up.

JPRouve

Scout
It'll be Giroud. Griezmann is quality all the same and I think France should find a central role for him. Maybe shadowing Olivier. Truthfully, I'd love to see France abandoning their tried and tested failures and trying something new and dynamic. A team, for example, of:

Lloris
Sagna
Varane
Koscielny
Evra
Matuidi
Pogba
Martial
Griezmann
Fekir
Giroud

With Fekir and Martial playing on the wings, Griezmann making runs beyond Giroud and Olivier dropping for the link up.
It's going to be a midfield three, no matter what. You can forget all idea of a 4231, unless Pogba plays #10.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
It's going to be a midfield three, no matter what. You can forget all idea of a 4231, unless Pogba plays #10.
Who's the third in the midfield for you? Cabaye?

I'm interested what your team would be if you were the manager. Truthfully, I'd love the French to win the competition but I think they need to look towards their high quality youth players like Martial, Fekir and even Ntep.

JPRouve

Scout
Who's the third in the midfield for you? Cabaye?

I'm interested what your team would be if you were the manager. Truthfully, I'd love the French to win the competition but I think they need to look towards their high quality youth players like Martial, Fekir and even Ntep.
The third midfielder could be Sissoko, Schneiderlin or Lassana Diarra. Sissoko because for some reason Deschamps loves him.
Personally I don't know what I would do there is too many players in form or with rough quality, but I don't want to isolate Griezmann so probably this:

-------------Lloris
Sagna-Koscielny-Varane-Evra
----Pogba--Diarra--Matuidi
-----------Ben Arfa
-------Griezmann-Martial

Ben Arfa could go wherever he wants, Pogba would have to be a little bit more disciplined than usual. Giroud, Fékir, Schneiderlin, Delort, Gonalons and Valbuena can all play in that system, even Sissoko can play for Pogba and use his speed on the right.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Lloris
Sagna
Varane
Koscielny
Evra
Matuidi
Pogba
Martial
Griezmann
Fekir
Giroud

Without Fekir's terrible knee injury (rupture ACL) he probably won't be ready for the tournament and other players will deserve it more.
As a third midfielder, it has got to be Diarra (on current form at least).

bucky

Lloris/Areola

Sagna/Jallet - Varane/Umtiti - Koscielny/Koulibaly - Kurzawa/Evra

Matuidi/Diarra - Schneiderlin/Coquelin - Pogba/Tolisso or Kondogbia

Payet/Fekir - Giroud/Martial - Griezmann/Coman​

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Without injuries and if players keep their form the back 8 will be:

Lloris
Sagna Kos Varane Evra
Diarra
Pogba Matuidi
The front 3 positions are wide open, about 10 players can compete for the starter and sub spots.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
@kouroux @JPRouve

I have to say, I think the idea of Lass getting picked ahead of Coquelin is ridiculous.
Lass is the best French DM at the moment, have you seen him play this year?

Coquelin would deserve a call up at some point, it's close between him and Schneiderlin and he may represent the future. I rate them all better than Cabaye as DM but Cabaye can also play higher up the pitch.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
Lass is the best French DM at the moment, have you seen him play this year?

Coquelin would deserve a call up at some point, it's close between him and Schneiderlin and he may represent the future. I rate them all better than Cabaye as DM but Cabaye can also play higher up the pitch.
No, but he's playing in a crap league in a team with no Champions League football. If he's better than Coquelin, fair play to him... he must be even better now than he was at Madrid.

kouroux

@kouroux @JPRouve

I have to say, I think the idea of Lass getting picked ahead of Coquelin is ridiculous.
Not ridiculous if you've seen him perform for club and country so far. He has been incredible tbh, the only question that remains is if he can keep up the same level all season long. Coquelin is a good player but there are many quality CMs for France and most important, the few games he's been called up already, Lass instantly started performing well for the national team. Playing in the Ligue 1 and with no CL doesn't mean the player is necessarily weak.

@bucky: Even if Payet was still fit and performing well, I don't think Deschamps would have called him up because there isn't a good relationship between the two.

bucky

Not ridiculous if you've seen him perform for club and country so far. He has been incredible tbh, the only question that remains is if he can keep up the same level all season long. Coquelin is a good player but there are many quality CMs for France and most important, the few games he's been called up already, Lass instantly started performing well for the national team. Playing in the Ligue 1 and with no CL doesn't mean the player is necessarily weak.

@bucky: Even if Payet was still fit and performing well, I don't think Deschamps would have called him up because there isn't a good relationship between the two.
Didn't know that! Can't help but feel that Deschamps is holding your team a bit back or I simply don't agree with some of his selections.

kouroux

Didn't know that! Can't help but feel that Deschamps is holding your team a bit back or I simply don't agree with some of his selections.
When it comes to Payet for instance, he's been given plenty of chances to prove his worth for the national team in the last couple of years and he's often disappointed. Coupled that with the bad vibe between and it's easy for Deschamps to not consider him as a serious option, (now he's even got the excuse of Payet being injured). Of course nobody is perfect but personally I don't have a pb with most of his call ups since the WC (apart from Sissoko maybe and not giving chances to Laporte), Deschamps manages by a certain code of behavior and if any player doesn't wanna toe the line, they're just not considered.

bucky

When it comes to Payet for instance, he's been given plenty of chances to prove his worth for the national team in the last couple of years and he's often disappointed. Coupled that with the bad vibe between and it's easy for Deschamps to not consider him as a serious option, (now he's even got the excuse of Payet being injured). Of course nobody is perfect but personally I don't have a pb with most of his call ups since the WC (apart from Sissoko maybe and not giving chances to Laporte), Deschamps manages by a certain code of behavior and if any player doesn't wanna toe the line, they're just not considered.
Considering what happened in the past, that's probably the right thing to do. I just want to see the best team possible with all of this talent.

kouroux

Considering what happened in the past, that's probably the right thing to do. I just want to see the best team possible with all of this talent.
From a football's perspective, just like it was with Ribery, losing Benzema won't impact the team much because he has never gotten close to replicating his club performances for the national team.

JPRouve

Scout
The best team possible is probably without Benzema, he has never been very good with France.

bucky

From a football's perspective, just like it was with Ribery, losing Benzema won't impact the team much because he has never gotten close to replicating his club performances for the national team.
The best team possible is probably without Benzema, he has never been very good with France.
I don't disagree, just a general statement.

CallyRed

Was looking forward to the Channel 5 documentary Benzema Behind Bars

JPRouve

Scout
Money can't by you love but it can by the legal system of every country.
You are not buying the legal system and it would be dishonest to say that. Legal systems have safeguards that are meant to allow to people to have fair trials, if you have time and knowledge of the law, you can use all of them.

Devil may care

You are not buying the legal system and it would be dishonest to say that. Legal systems have safeguards that are meant to allow to people to have fair trials, if you have time and knowledge of the law, you can use all of them.
And if you have lots of money you can get away with shit like blackmail, it's always been bent that way, you or me would have been in jail and out by now.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
If you have money, you can also hire experts with knowledge of said safeguards.