Benzema mugs off Giroud for no reason - Instagram interview

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
:lol: Agenda? I couldn't care less about Benzema, Madrid or Giroud.

Just simply stating facts, he's not in the same league as Rooney.
Facts? I just correct most of your post for being factually wrong.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Some Embarrasing posts in here. You get to know who watches football and who doesn't.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
He's a fecking scumbag. Prostitution rings, blackmail charges, this latest thing is barely even worth a mention.

He's also seriously overrating himself considering he plays the exact same role for Madrid, and he's hardly set the world alight since Ronaldo left. Plus France haven't exactly missed him.
Not to mention the whole underage element of it all, guy is an utter sack.

RyRoc

Lack of self awareness on those comments after about the role Giroud plays for France are really quite something given his time at Madrid.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Like always, people just follow the headlines and make judgements. You'd think some would know better by now not to just go for the clickbait. Benzema didn't rage at Giroud or go out of his way to insult the man.

Benzema complimented Giroud and highlighted his importance to France winning the World Cup with his role. He was very effusive of his impact on the team. When someone asked to compare the two, he said what everybody knows, he's a much better player than Giroud....would anybody really try to argue against that notion? He also said, compared to R9, he is the kartmobile and R9 is the F1 car. He's right there as well. I really don't see the controversy.

Benzema made a couple of mistakes in his career (Valbuena incident/Saying Deschamps bowed to a racist minority in France), and it's cost him a world cup and many big games for France where he could have made a huge difference (thinking especially of Euro 2016 final). Outside of that, Benz is a role model for any aspiring football professional. We all make mistakes, but Benzema is a good guy, doesn't cause issues in the locker room (outside of that Valbuena incident which caused his exit from the NT), and works his ass off. He's a great teammate, team player, and player overall.

Well it was an underage prostitute.
The girl was lying about her age, and if you saw what she looked like, you wouldn't have blinked twice in thinking she was an adult. I just think it's so petty from people to try to judge him based on that, as if they know for a fact they wouldn't fall for the same trap if they were in that situation when they'll never know, in their lifetime, what temptation is for those athletes, or all the traps that can come into being a star in regards to women. Let's see how everybody's judgement is when they have gorgeous women throwing themselves at them in a way they never experienced before. It's foolish to act any other way than just say you have no idea what that lifestyle and temptation is like, and none of us are fit to judge someone in that regard with a non-existent perspective on the matter.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sure he was only saying Giroud is a Tesco bin player while Benzema is supreme lord commander.

Zlatan is so much better at this... at least he's funny.
Zlatan says nothing interesting and people go bonkers as if it's pure gold.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Zlatan says nothing interesting and people go bonkers as if it's pure gold.
If people are indeed laughing the chances are he's simply funny and it doesn't have to be interesting to be funny. Benzema needs distance to life, Zlatan has it and milking it at every occasion.

Btw, how scoring 4 goals against powers like Croatia and Argentina in one tournament isn't a sign of brilliant style. He sounds a bit like Lovren after WC final - salty and victim.

thepolice123

Like always, people just follow the headlines and make judgements. You'd think some would know better by now not to just go for the clickbait. Benzema didn't rage at Giroud or go out of his way to insult the man.

Benzema complimented Giroud and highlighted his importance to France winning the World Cup with his role. He was very effusive of his impact on the team. When someone asked to compare the two, he said what everybody knows, he's a much better player than Giroud....would anybody really try to argue against that notion? He also said, compared to R9, he is the kartmobile and R9 is the F1 car. He's right there as well. I really don't see the controversy.

Benzema made a couple of mistakes in his career (Valbuena incident/Saying Deschamps bowed to a racist minority in France), and it's cost him a world cup and many big games for France where he could have made a huge difference (thinking especially of Euro 2016 final). Outside of that, Benz is a role model for any aspiring football professional. We all make mistakes, but Benzema is a good guy, doesn't cause issues in the locker room (outside of that Valbuena incident which caused his exit from the NT), and works his ass off. He's a great teammate, team player, and player overall.

The girl was lying about her age, and if you saw what she looked like, you wouldn't have blinked twice in thinking she was an adult. I just think it's so petty from people to try to judge him based on that, as if they know for a fact they wouldn't fall for the same trap if they were in that situation when they'll never know, in their lifetime, what temptation is for those athletes, or all the traps that can come into being a star in regards to women. Let's see how everybody's judgement is when they have gorgeous women throwing themselves at them in a way they never experienced before. It's foolish to act any other way than just say you have no idea what that lifestyle and temptation is like, and none of us are fit to judge someone in that regard with a non-existent perspective on the matter.
Good post. People just want the sensational news. He had sex with an underage prostitute, its not like he was actively seeking out young girls to prey. When you are paying for prostitutes you automatically assume they are well beyond the age.

As for the blackmail charges very little is known. We don't even know if Benzema actually blackmailed Valbuena. All we know is Valbuena made a sex tape and some gang managed to get hold of it. The gang knew Benzema's childhood friend and he acted as the messenger. Even Cisse got arrested because he told Valbuena to just pay the gang.

amolbhatia50k

If people are indeed laughing the chances are he's simply funny and it doesn't have to be interesting to be funny. Benzema needs distance to life, Zlatan has it and milking it at every occasion.

Btw, how scoring 4 goals against powers like Croatia and Argentina in one tournament isn't a sign of brilliant style. He sounds a bit like Lovren after WC final - salty and victim.
Or it means that people are like sheep. Zlatan is a fairly interesting and charismatic chap for sure. But people are obsessed with his personality and how great it supposedly is.

Benzema needs distance? What does that even mean? He's a brilliant footballer btw. One of the best strikers of this era. Below the elite like Suarez but absolutely brilliant. Him and Giroud arnrt in the same stratosphere.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Benzema's very talented but he scored 27 goals from 81 games for France in talented teams.

I'd guess that part of the problem (both for Benzema and other people) is that Benzema, not Giroud, was supposed to be the striker for a golden generation. It's a bit like when people had to adjust their expectations of a Federer-Nadal rivalry to include Djokovic. Real life plot twists are disconcerting.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
At the end of the day it's Giroud who's got the WC medal and played an integral part in the win, whereas Karim was sat at home winning square root of feck all at the WC.
Giroud wasn’t integral at all. He was rubbish in the entire tournament, and I don’t think he managed a shot on goal, let alone manage to score.

If France went out in the semis, or did anything but win the tournament - there is no way he’d be considered to have played well.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
A lot of people will eat their words when Giroud isn't there anymore for France. Bandwagon bashing against a player that has his limitations but is one of the best in the world at what he does. I don't know why Benzema is so mad at him, Giroud isn't calling himself up (except with his performances). A brilliant club career ruined by a small brain and bad entourage from Lyon that he could never let go.

Righteous Steps

I think we can make the argument that it' Ronaldos Madrid, Benzema is just fortunate to have been a part of it. That being said, I too remember Morientes in a better light, but its probably a bit of memory lane bias.
Ronaldo worked so well partly because of Benzema.

Righteous Steps

:lol: Agenda? I couldn't care less about Benzema, Madrid or Giroud.

Just simply stating facts, he's not in the same league as Rooney.
I don’t think you’ve watched football in the past decade to make a comment like that.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

The Benzema vs Giroud feud goes much further beyond football.
It's a reflection of the racial and religious tensions in France.
Giroud is a icon for patriots and right-wing voters while Benzema is an icon for the North African demographic (biggest minority in the country)

The fact that politicians had to meddle with the Benzema case and publicly say he should never wear the jersey again didn't sit well with his fanbase, he's always been criticized for not singing the anthem as well so the Valbuena case just made things even worse.

Giroud is an unfortunate victim of this because people kept comparing him to Benzema even though he didn't ask for any of this.

Benzema wouldn't be called up even if it wasn't for Giroud.

On the other hand I would agree that Giroud has never been the best French striker, even if you take out Benzema out of the equation and that he can thanks Deschamps for never trying to challenge him for his spot, Martial,Lacazette,Ben yedder are all different type of strikers but have all been leagues better clubwise and are all more talented than he is.

Ronaldo worked so well partly because of Benzema.
Ronaldo didnt miss him much before Madrid and he hasnt missed him since either.

Benzema is a very good player but hes not top tier, he was an interchangeable cog in that Madrid machine. He could have been easily replaced. You would never have said that about Rooney.

Righteous Steps

And so? Benzema was tearing apart defences against top class defences in the world as a 20 year old long before he met Ronaldo also, in fact one of these great games was against a team that contained Ronaldo. And he is currently the 2nd top scorer in La Liga even coming out of his peak.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Benzema is a very good player but hes not top tier, he was an interchangeable cog in that Madrid machine. He could have been easily replaced. You would never have said that about Rooney.
Sure about that? His link up play with Bale and Ronaldo worked well.

Sure about that? His link up play with Bale and Ronaldo worked well.
Yeah but there were plenty of other strikers who could have filled that role just as well as he did. Rooney was a one off.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Giroud wasn’t integral at all. He was rubbish in the entire tournament, and I don’t think he managed a shot on goal, let alone manage to score.

If France went out in the semis, or did anything but win the tournament - there is no way he’d be considered to have played well.
If he is rubbish for France then he would not have started for them in the entire tournament. I doubt you know more about the France team than Deschamps. Giroud was and still is integral to the way France plays.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Karim Benzema defends comments in which he described himself as Formula 1 and Olivier Giroud as karting: “It's what I think and it's the truth. If I was asked about R9 (Ronaldo Nazario), then he would be the Formula 1 and I would be the kart. Short and simple.”

BalanceUnAutreJoint

If he is rubbish for France then he would not have started for them in the entire tournament. I doubt you know more about the France team than Deschamps. Giroud was and still is integral to the way France plays.
Deschamps made sure to bring no other striker so I wonder who do you think could have played there if not Giroud.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Dechamps can have what ever view he wants to. My own view is based on having watched football for a couple of decades and being confident enough to have a go at discerning what I think a ‘good striker’ and a ‘bad striker’ is. And Giroud in the World Cup is not what I categorise as a good one.

Righteous Steps

Karim Benzema defends comments in which he described himself as Formula 1 and Olivier Giroud as karting: “It's what I think and it's the truth. If I was asked about R9 (Ronaldo Nazario), then he would be the Formula 1 and I would be the kart. Short and simple.”
Exactly people want players to be lea a robotic then get mad when they say the truth.

RUCK4444

In fairness he's being a bit of a t@sser about it but he's right. Giroud wouldnt be fit to lace peak Benzema's boots.

Somehow I don't see Giroud holding the No. 9 position down at Los Blancos for over a decade.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Irrelevant? :lol: He has more CL's than we do as a club
He can be a pope for that matter, but a pope without WC trophy. I'm not questioning his skills or talent, but his integrity and attitude towards his teammates from international team.

You don't see Messi or Ronaldo blasting their teammates for being lesser footballers. Next Insta vid will probably be about how he's a Ferrari and Lingard a bike.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You don't see Messi or Ronaldo blasting their teammates for being lesser footballers.
Cristiano did just that. At real madrid. Outright, in an interview :lol:

Though he did adjust his words, mentioning how he was referring to injuries to the best players -benzema, pepe, bale and marcelo

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's doing well for them.

norm87cro

Let's be real. Giroud is a STRIKER and Benzema is more like an SS. And quite frankly the amount of goals he has scored last 10 years isn't that impressive when you have midfieldrs like Kroos and Modric providing you service.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Let's be real. Giroud is a STRIKER and Benzema is more like an SS. And quite frankly the amount of goals he has scored last 10 years isn't that impressive when you have midfieldrs like Kroos and Modric providing you service.
Kroos and Modric have extremely average assist numbers and have never been very creative midfielders in the final third. Not sure where this narrative comes from really.

There's a reason why Madrid relied on crossing and going through Marcelo to score goals. It's because their midfield was not capable of providing the necessary service.

amolbhatia50k

As I've said before, he was right about him being in a different stratosphere to Giroud. One is among the best strikers of his generation, the other is Giroud. Maybe he didn't need to say it but that's a different matter. People were busy defending/bugging up Giroud here on the debate purely because he won a WC when in truth, he isn't within a country mile of a genuine comparison with Benzema.