Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

He's also 27, happy at Spurs and will cost a minimum of £30 milllion.

No thanks.

pert

It worked for you with Rooney Gus, won't work for Berbs

You were cute back then, now you're just another teenager

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr

No thanks.
what he said
Dont be mugs.

id pay that in an instant.

just turned 27. with his playing style you're looking at 32 before you even have to start worrying about any decline, and even then thats prob early.

You really have no clue how good this guy could be for us. But hopefully ill get the chance to say told you so.

Watching him at spurs is almost as painful as watching torres at liverpool.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

No thanks.
Totally agree, if he was three years younger than his fee would have been totally acceptable. But for £30 million we could probably get someone just as good but a tad younger.

Bape

Theres better options out there, especially for that price.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.

No thanks.
Exactly. 30mil is way too much. I'd pay that for the likes of Rooney, Torres, Ronaldo, and Messi but not for Berbatov. Not at that age.

He's good though...... just not that good when we could put the effort into somebody else much younger. Saying that I'd take him for 20mil max maybe, if Fergie agreed!

REd FUn DevIl

Berbatov is too expensive and we have our focus now on Benzema.

Even not getting him doesnt mean we are gonna go for Berbs.

kietotheworld

End of thread. this guy is the real deal. totally wasted at spurs..who beyond keane, woodgate, king and one or two others do not have the players to help this potential great shine.

:drool:
100% agree, Berbatov is extremely good. He's good enough to be playing for a team who's ambitions go beyond winning the Carling Cup and qualifying for the Champions' League.

Younited.7

united.7
"I am a man with simple tastes - I am always
Berbatov is class, there arent many, if any "better options" than him.

Benzema isnt in the same ball park yet, i dont watch him enough, so it might be a stretch for me to compare the two of them, but the little i watch of ligue 1; Benzema certainly does not contribute to all round play like Berbatov does. That also being a team with only Keane to play off him and a shite midfield to feed the ball to him. Benzema will no doubt exceed Berbatov in the not so distant future.

Think we missed the gravy train though, too expensive and probably too old to be a sound long term investment. Chelsea and Real would fork out that much for a 27 year old, im not saying we dont have the money, its just not the way we do business.

He is an amazing player, he does not rely on pace, just an unbelievably natural, gifted and intelligent footballer.

roon_ronnie

"City need a new ball out there because Unite
exactly. and even at a lesser price.

He's good but to be honest i dont think he's what we need right now; we've got tevez and rooney who are fantastic "supporting strikers" which is what berbatov is IMO. we need a prolific that's capable of scoring 8 out of 10 times i've looked around and the best candidate is none other that Jan Klaas Huntelaar!

He's got 29 in 31 games. i mean, he even has "class" in his name!

C'mon Fergie!

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
We should be looking at benzema who will be one of the worlds best strikers by the time he turns 24. We missed out on Torres under similar circumstances lets not make the same mistake again by not pushing out the boat. He and rooney would be awesome.
As for Berbertov, pure class but of 30mil Benzema is the only option worth even considering.
Power, pace, excellent technical ability, good in the air as well as with the ball at he's feet and still so much more to come.

Wes

We should be looking at benzema who will be one of the worlds best strikers by the time he turns 24. We missed out on Torres under similar circumstances lets not make the same mistake again by not pushing out the boat. He and rooney would be awesome.
As for Berbertov, pure class but of 30mil Benzema is the only option worth even considering.
Power, pace, excellent technical ability, good in the air as well as with the ball at he's feet and still so much more to come.
this would appear to be the correct standpoint. is benzema THAT good?

Younited.7

united.7
Benzema is ideal, he doesnt want to come, yet.

How can you say that Berbatov is a support striker?

He leads the line, holds the ball up, heads the ball and gets into the box. He also creates oppurtunities and scores a from outside of the box because he has great movement and finds space for himself. He is certainly not your typical striker, but he is a great one. Huntellaar is very one dimensional, i really dont think we need somebody like that, we need 10 outfield players contributing as a team and for the team, otherwise our football suffers.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Very real possibility he'll be here next season

Where's cockneyhammer these days? :nervous:

GusHiddink

I can't remember being so in awe of any player that didn't wear the Red of United.

He's pure class.
agree, if you remove the top top bracket i.e. figo, zola bergkamp rivaldo etc.

the point is though these guys achieved that sort of level at better clubs than what berbatov is at now.

I can't believe some of you want Huntelaar over Berbatov. Beggars belief.
agreed

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If we have to buy someone, how about we spend two thirds or half and then some what we'd likely have squeezed out of us for Berbatov by Spurs, on a player who is on the up and not made it already?

GusHiddink

If we have to buy someone, how about we spend two thirds or half and then some what we'd likely have squeezed out of us for Berbatov by Spurs, on a player who is on the up and not made it already?
why gamble for say 15mil-20 when you can be certain for 25-30? (as possible)

with tevez, rooney and berbatov you can leave your strikeforce untouched for 5 years. How much is that worth? it pays for itself my son.

And he might just make this nonsense 4-5-1 work cos ive yet to see a better leader of the line. the way he brings the ball down and brings others into the game..on his day he's unplayable

Ekeke

Benzema is ideal, he doesnt want to come, yet.

How can you say that Berbatov is a support striker?

He leads the line, holds the ball up, heads the ball and gets into the box. He also creates oppurtunities and scores a from outside of the box because he has great movement and finds space for himself. He is certainly not your typical striker, but he is a great one. Huntellaar is very one dimensional, i really dont think we need somebody like that, we need 10 outfield players contributing as a team and for the team, otherwise our football suffers.
At Spurs Berbatov and Keane do what Tevez and Rooney supposedly do. They swap. One goes short, one goes long - but because Berbatov doesnt have the greatest pace you'll find he's out of the picture when Spurs break forwards at pace. He's more likely to be making one of the passes in the move nearer the half way line than actually getting on the end of it.

Watching Berbatov I get a little confused over whether I think we should sign him or not.

Having watched him for a while now I realise that aside from pace, he has absolutely everything you would want from a top striker and he has it in abundance. He's great in the air, he's a very good finisher (though he tends to hit posts and bars a lot), he has unbelievable skill, he has fantastic balance and strength, he has incredible vision and outstanding passing to go with it. He can drop into the hole like Rooney or Tevez, he can go long like Saha and if you put the ball into the box he can finish it like Van Nistelrooy.

So why doesn't he score 20 goals every season?

I've come to the conclusion that he's simply playing nowhere near his potential. Even though his partnership with Robbie Keane is fantastic, a striker with as many facets as him should be scoring week in and week out. He is good enough to do that. But he doesn't.

If there's any club in the world who could get more from him, I do believe its ours. Yet still, while I think he does have the potential to be a £30 million player even at 27+ I certainly don't think he's productive enough to justify it now.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
this would appear to be the correct standpoint. is benzema THAT good?
That goal against us was no fluke. He's technique is amazing and if he came to OT he would for me be the final piece of the Jigsaw. We've lacked a lead striker with power, pace, heading ability and ice cool finishing and we've relied on both Rooney and ronaldo to jointly compensate for the lack of these abilities in one player. In Benzema you have these abilities in one player.

Imagining him linking up with Rooney and Ronaldo gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.:drool:

Younited.7

united.7
At Spurs Berbatov and Keane do what Tevez and Rooney supposedly do. They swap. One goes short, one goes long - but because Berbatov doesnt have the greatest pace you'll find he's out of the picture when Spurs break forwards at pace. He's more likely to be making one of the passes in the move nearer the half way line than actually getting on the end of it.

Watching Berbatov I get a little confused over whether I think we should sign him or not.

Having watched him for a while now I realise that aside from pace, he has absolutely everything you would want from a top striker and he has it in abundance. He's great in the air, he's a very good finisher (though he tends to hit posts and bars a lot), he has unbelievable skill, he has fantastic balance and strength, he has incredible vision and outstanding passing to go with it. He can drop into the hole like Rooney or Tevez, he can go long like Saha and if you put the ball into the box he can finish it like Van Nistelrooy.

So why doesn't he score 20 goals every season?

I've come to the conclusion that he's simply playing nowhere near his potential. Even though his partnership with Robbie Keane is fantastic, a striker with as many facets as him should be scoring week in and week out. He is good enough to do that. But he doesn't.

If there's any club in the world who could get more from him, I do believe its ours. Yet still, while I think he does have the potential to be a £30 million player even at 27+ I certainly don't think he's productive enough to justify it now.

Which is what is said, and agree with.

He isnt a typical striker, he does everything.

He could be worth the money, but would it be spent better elsewhere?

Benzema, if we can, if not, Berbatov.

Although i think Fergie will chase Karim with real zest and vigour.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
why gamble for say 15mil-20 when you can be certain for 25-30? (as possible)

with tevez, rooney and berbatov you can leave your strikeforce untouched for 5 years. How much is that worth? it pays for itself my son.

And he might just make this nonsense 4-5-1 work cos ive yet to see a better leader of the line. the way he brings the ball down and brings others into the game..on his day he's unplayable
With Rooney, Tevez, Manucho and Campbell, i'd be willing to take a calculated risk on an additional forward.

We've timed our two most recent major purchases [Carrick and Hargreaves] poorly, i'd rather not have a hat trick thank you.

Also feel that Berbatov could be an unsettling influence, and tends to mope about a fair bit too.

Watchers of the Bundesliga will be able inform us of his current form and such, however Mario Gomez wouldn't seem like an outrageous folly on our part.

Ekeke

With Rooney, Tevez, Manucho and Campbell, i'd be willing to take a calculated risk on an additional forward.

We've timed our two most recent major purchases [Carrick and Hargreaves] poorly, i'd rather not have a hat trick thank you.

Also feel that Berbatov could be an unsettling influence, and tends to mope about a fair bit too.

Watchers of the Bundesliga will be able inform us of his current form and such, however Mario Gomez wouldn't seem like an outrageous folly on our part.
Gomez is certainly worth keeping an eye on. Initially (from watching clips) I got the impression he too lacked pace. Recently however I've seen a bit more of him and he actually seems quite quick for a 6'2 and a bit striker. He also has a talent for sticking the ball in the back of the net with either foot and head.

Having said that Manucho is similar. Whether he's going to be as good only time will tell but theres nothing to suggest he cant be.

Luis Fabiano is another player to consider. He's exactly the kind of player we need (front man, goal scorer, decent pace) and he'd only cost £11 million due to his contract.

Werewolf

The lad is fecking class and decisive, everything he does turn out to be mint. He would fit very well in our squad and would easily score +20 goals per season.
The only inconvenient : The price...

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
I must admit it has taken an awful long time but even I have started to come round. He exudes class, has that air of arrogance and assuredness about him and is good in the air. I don't think I have seen a better line leader in the premiership this season.

He may be slow and 27 BUT with his playing style he could be 40 and still be weaving the magic.He is an intelligent fecker like Sheringham, knows how to bring others into play and so on and so forth. He isn't very old after all we signed Yorkie in his prime (27 I think) and he had a memorable time here. Similarly Drogba only really came of age in England at 28 and now he is the dog's bollocks

I have for sometime stated that he is overrated (well what player isn't?) BUT over the course of the last 18 months or so I have finally seen what everyone else has been seeing. Top top player.He needs a move to a bigger side.

At present there are only a handful of top class strikers I'll like to see at United and Berbatov is one of them, the others being Gerd Muller oh sorry Mario Gomez and Benzema.Personally I reckon having Berbatov in the side wil greatly help Rooney, freeing him up to play in his favoured withdrawn striker's role.

Just go out and splash the cash Fergie.

Chapster

between spending 30million on berbatov and 30 milliono n benzema

I know where I want my money to go

Status
Not open for further replies.