Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I thought smoking Joe owned about half the club and Levy about 25% (possibly as a proxy for Lewis).
A bit more than half. Lewis owns about 58%, Levy (and others in his family) about 24%.

Lord Ashcroft (Michael Ashcroft) owns about 4%. And the rest is split between around 20,000 shareholders, including (the last time I heard) the Stelios brothers (EasyJet etc) and Mike Sherwood (a Goldman Sachs banker).

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A bit more than half. Lewis owns about 58%, Levy (and others in his family) about 24%.

Lord Ashcroft (Michael Ashcroft) owns about 4%. And the rest is split between around 20,000 shareholders, including (the last time I heard) the Stelios brothers (EasyJet etc) and Mike Sherwood (a Goldman Sachs banker).
Welcome back Glaston!

Who do you think Spurs will buy in January with the Berbatov Money? That is of course if City don't buy every player on the planet :D

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Welcome back Glaston!

Who do you think Spurs will buy in January with the Berbatov Money? That is of course if City don't buy every player on the planet :D
Hard to say. The market is much more limited then, with few clubs willing to sell mid-season.

Arshavin is probably a good shout, since I think the Russian season starts and finishes much earlier than here, and maybe by then Zenit will have climbed down a bit on price. It very nearly happened this time around, but Levy wasn't willing to pay them as much as they wanted.

BahamaRed

Legend
Wheres Bahama, surely he's not going to let this thread just fade away...
Hannah's on top of us right now. Been busy all day battening up. Throwing it down, winds at about 50mph. Lightning everywhere. Got another 12 hours of this. Power will probably disappear soon. :( And Ike two days behind it heading straight for us at CAT4. Almost as adrenalinned as Berbday!

Ace

Hannah's on top of us right now. Been busy all day battening up. Throwing it down, winds at about 50mph. Lightning everywhere. Got another 12 hours of this. Power will probably disappear soon. :( And Ike two days behind it heading straight for us at CAT4. Almost as adrenalinned as Berbday!
Damn thats serious business. How far are you from the coast line?

BahamaRed

Legend

Two story concrete house. We sit it out. Been thro many hurricanes here. Floyd destroyed my old house in 99. Same spot. We get cut off from the rest of the island if its real bad but that's OK. We're well stocked up! Bought 5 cases of beerb today!

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Isn't that the same shirt he was wearing when he arrived at Old Trafford on transfer deadline day? You'd think with all the money he has, he wouldn't have to wear the same shirt two days in a row.

Seems like a nice bloke, mind.

BahamaRed

Legend
Holy smokes. Any serious damage so far?
Hannah will just blow us and drench us. Ike can be catastrophic if you get the eye. One, if not more, of the Bahama Islands will get hit badly. Not till Sunday/Monday/Tuesday though. We're all just sitting here waiting to see which one of us it will be!. All the stores closed. Everyone just indoors, boarded up, waiting.
Good break mind, long as the power stays on.

Ace

Hannah will just blow us and drench us. Ike can be catastrophic if you get the eye. One, if not more, of the Bahama Islands will get hit badly. Not till Sunday/Monday/Tuesday though. We're all just sitting here waiting to see which one of us it will be!. All the stores closed. Everyone just indoors, boarded up, waiting.
Good break mind, long as the power stays on.
Yeah. At least there's no football this weekend.

Ace

R3D_D3V1L in the newbies PMed me this.

R3D_D3V1L said:
On the first day of september
The time was half past eight eight
The bastards at man city
thought that they were feckin great
they were running round the council house
with tea towels on their head
But Berbatov said feck you cnuts
Im gonna be a red.

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
Two story concrete house. We sit it out. Been thro many hurricanes here. Floyd destroyed my old house in 99. Same spot. We get cut off from the rest of the island if its real bad but that's OK. We're well stocked up! Bought 5 cases of beerb today!
Concrete should be able to sustain some damage. I am praying to Hercules for the safety of all.

Skelter

Internet GYPO
feck good luck with that Bahama, but now I know where you live. :drool:

tintedsepia

So - back to the conspiracy theory!

How come Berbatov got on a plane to Manchester...

Someone earlier in the thread alluded to this. If Levy only gave permission to Berbatov to speak to Manchester City at 1pm, how come Berbatov was in Manchester at 1:30pm (is this right?) to be picked up by SAF without Spurs permission.

My take on this:-

Berbatov has admitted that he was never interested in Manchester City or Chelsea. As far as he was concerned there were only 2 outcomes here:-

1. he remains a spurs player
2. he goes to manchester united

in order to force this through, he and his agent discussed this and decided that they should do everything possible to get this move through. in order to do this the only logical place they should be is manchester (the other interpretation could be that they went to manchester on pretence of speaking to mark hughes (thanks mark!)).

Therefore, if the transfer was going to go through he was in the right place at the right time. If it didn't he had lost nothing and went back to spurs.

so had manchester united committed an offence? we don't know. spurs say that berbatov didn't have permission to speak to us. my take on this is that spurs admitted he wouldn't go for less than 31k or whatever and once we had privately (without telling spurs) accepted that this was the price we chose to speak to him directly and jump the step - at least get the formalities out of the way before dotting i's and crossing t's.

either way spurs are not taking action saying we broke the rules. guess we made them an offer they couldn't refuse?

any other interpretations?

Tx

PS. I lost this site at around 12 on transfer day and unable to even get the site for 2-3 days. I assumed that under volume of traffic the site fell over. I ntoe that there is no allusion to site being down here and people posting over those 2-3 days. So my question is - what happened?

twitter thread suggester
PS. I lost this site at around 12 on transfer day and unable to even get the site for 2-3 days. I assumed that under volume of traffic the site fell over. I ntoe that there is no allusion to site being down here and people posting over those 2-3 days. So my question is - what happened?
That's odd, and sounds like a problem with your Internet Provider, the site was back to normal around 2 AM after the window closed - it certainly hasn't been down for days.

Partizan

Cheesy
We survived being bankrupt,we survived German bomb
Now that has the makings of another conspiracy theory. CIA did it.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
apparently fergie is driving the car and gill is sitting besides him and berbatov in underneath a black blanket in the back seat :D

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Yeah, that's Ferguson's Bentley Continental Flying Spur. He also drives a grey Audi A8.

BahamaRed

Legend
feck good luck with that Bahama, but now I know where you live. :drool:
Damn, now I'm going to have to kill you. No offence, like.
Hannah came right over us. All thro the night. Lots of minor damage, trees down, power went out but came back on an hour or so ago. A miracle.
Gusts up to 80mph so not too bad.
Looks like Ike going to miss us now but someone's going to get a good kick ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.