Berbatov

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Came across really well in that programme with Gnev, even disowning some of his goals on the basis they were ugly

Goes on the 'would have a pint with' list.

Classy player too

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The odd thing about Tevez and Berbatov is neither were necessarily integral to the teams success

We played better football during the 2006/2007 season than the following 2 seasons and ultimately only came unstuck in Europe due to a little bit of inexperience and injury problems.

Both were clearly world class though.

On the whole, fans do tend to relate a strikers success with that of the wider team. None of the strikers from 98/99 would get in a best United 11 if you had to pick 2 from our history. Sheringham as an example only 5 goals throughout that entire season.

Martialfc

He had the potential to be unbelievable but never lived up to it. Too lazy for my liking I used to hate watching him stroll around. He could of been some player if he ran abit more. Oh well. I get the same frustrations with Martial. Players who think they are better than they are and won’t do the hard graft to make it to the top of their game.

Both were clearly world class though.
Berbatov was never world class. Whilst I liked Tevez as a player, his reputation was often better than his performances, and it’s extremely debatable whether he was ever a world class player, I.e one of the best in the world, and I don’t think he was.

to suggest both were “clearly” world class is way off I would suggest.