Bernard Sumner interview

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gazza said:
The directors said Jude Law is not playing Curtis. They haven't announced the roles yet.
That's probably why the project hasn't gone into pre-production. I've heard Hooky give interviews about Law being the choice.

zippy

The best two places other than the hac were Konspiracy and the Wiggly Worm (used to be the millionares club) they were both really good, my favourite was wigglys because the sound system they had installed there was top notch, it was like your home stereo, crystal clear. The women were hot, the music was fresh and the drugs were readily available. Wheres a fecking time machine when you need one ;-)

That really was a golden era. To be a Mancunian AND a united fan during that time was just to good, especially if you were young enough to enjoy the night life which i was.

Giggs used to be on one from time to time. I never saw him myself but plenty of freinds used to see him out during the off season from time to time and from all accounts he was seen looking a bid doe-eyed. Why would someone completely sober want to hang around a club playing techno music all night? cant say i blame him though it was all part of the scene.

I've lived here in Vancouver for the last 13 years or so and on a recent trip back to manchester went to some club called zoo - it actually was like going back in a time machine and i actually recognized a lot of the people there - it was almost ere. Must be getting old though, my ears where ringing for about 3 days after that night.

Gazza

Raoul said:
That's probably why the project hasn't gone into pre-production. I've heard Hooky give interviews about Law being the choice.
There were strong rumors but they were quashed a while ago. Last i heard Deb Curtis and Tony Wilson are working on the project along with Anton Corbijn who did the video for Atmosphere. They expect to start filming in autumn.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gazza said:
BTW Raoul you going to see them in Oakland or Coachella? Not a million miles away from LA. :)
Coachella. I haven't made definite plans yet though. I hope everyone there has no clue who New Order are, so its not too rowdy.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
zippy said:
Giggs used to be on one from time to time. I never saw him myself but plenty of freinds used to see him out during the off season from time to time and from all accounts he was seen looking a bid doe-eyed. Why would someone completely sober want to hang around a club playing techno music all night? cant say i blame him though it was all part of the scene.
A mate and I used to take it in turns to drive in from Bury to the Hac so every other week I was sober as a judge, I know Thursday's weren't non stop techno but it never hindered my enjoyment of the place. I could actually get high just on the atmosphere in there.

Came out one night to find some cnut had nicked my car from the parking lot next door and had to flag down a police van to report it, I think they thought they'd got a right loon when this hairy freak with a James T-shirt overpainted with a charicature of the chief constable with the flower in the middle of his cap badge leapt into the road. They were pretty cool when they realised I wasn't off my head and even asked where they could buy the T-Shirt, unfortunately I couldn't help them as I painted it myself.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gazza said:
There were strong rumors but they were quashed a while ago. Last i heard Deb Curtis and Tony Wilson are working on the project along with Anton Corbijn who did the video for Atmosphere. They expect to start filming in autumn.
Anton Corbijn is directing, but they're going to have problems if Jude Law isn't attached anymore. Its going to impact their ability to raise funds for the shoot.