Bernardo Silva | Bouhafsi - 70m Euros, 5 year contract. Going to City CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Big statement, I would love for this to be true. So you think Griezy is better than KBH?

Another big statement... have you seen a lot of Griezmann? Because I would really like for this statement to be true and not media hyped.
Yeah he's on another level to De Bruyne.

Hazard is the one player in the league on his level.

shield

Sounds like they're next on the list after Mendy.
They trying to buy the entire Monaco team or something. Anyway, think they will face a lot of competition for Fabinho/Bakayoko. At least won't be announced so soon if we are also in for any of them.

Zii

People foaming at the mouth to sign him, he goes to city and now I'm told "get over it, we can't sign them all". Jokes.

He is an immense player, better then all our current attacking options

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They trying to buy the entire Monaco team or something. Anyway, think they will face a lot of competition for Fabinho/Bakayoko. At least won't be announced so soon if we are also in for any of them.
City have been linked with Fabinho for a long time and there has been a lot of talk that it's his preferred destination this summer. Besides, having Silva and Mendy there with him will be a huge draw.

SirMattBugsby

I hope this one doesn't turn out like David Silva did for City.
Do city need him? They already have Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling and Sane. And Bernardo is very like Silva in playing style.
I think he'll be Silva's successor at City (Silva for Silva :):(). Hence the 5-year contract.

Doesn't matter we will sign Willian...
I wouldn't mind that (no kidding). Quality winger, set-piece taker who Mourinho trusts. If he remains a bench player at Chelsea it's quite probable we'll sign him.

Dante

Average bang
Mahrez offers more than him, in my opinion. Or, at least, he offers more of what we're missing, ie. end product.

Beyond that, they have similar skillsets as players.

Obviously, if we don't go for Mahrez, my point will be moot. But either way, I don't see Silva as a missing cog in our malfunctioning attack.

Fair play to City, though. They've got themselves a good player.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You United guys need to relax, its one signing we've pipped you too. I think you guys have Griezmann in the bag and will probably get James too. While appearantly Kyle Walker is also a done deal for us and rumours Fabinho is done too. It looks like both clubs are intent of spending this summer and its going to be fun. The summer of much cash in Manchester.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Good Player from what I have seen but 70 Mio is too much. He can become one of the top playes in the PL but he might also end up being just average.
I have been sure that Mkhi will set the PL on fire but so far it was just a small campfire at best. And he costed around half as much.
And Silva is not (yet) a Griezman Level Player.

izec

People foaming at the mouth to sign him, he goes to city and now I'm told "get over it, we can't sign them all". Jokes.

Plenty of fish in the sea, he is not Messi you know...

We will regret this, at the latest when he runs rings around our players and will be Citys fulcrum to every attack. Pep has seen him live twice and couldnt resist buying him, even if he has enough offensive talent. He will build the team around him and make everyone better and Silva will be absolutely majestic

padr81

Supports
Man City
Is it 61m or 43m? BBC running stories that it's 43m. Not surprised they probably forget all the fee's and add on's they conveniently always put in with a United signing.
I believe its £43 but possibly rising to £61 ala the Martial deal. Monaco do this alot, just in case thinks go great and they can milk every penny from these deals.

shield

City have been linked with Fabinho for a long time and there has been a lot of talk that it's his preferred destination this summer. Besides, having Silva and Mendy there with him will be a huge draw.
City also play a very attacking game similar to Monaco so it will be easier for Monaco players to fit into their team. Our style is much more conservative, so players from attacking teams could struggle if they move to us, so I am not that bothered about Silva or Mendy.

But I really hope we are in for Fabinho as well. We need a DM who is good with the ball.

CM10

Is it 61m or 43m? BBC running stories that it's 43m. Not surprised they probably forget all the fee's and add on's they conveniently always put in with a United signing.
Ducker reckons it's a £43m flat fee. If he's right you have to hand it to City, top business.

prtk0811

Like United obviously :smirk: Or any other bigger club such as Bayern.
That cunning snake is here at city, who thinks he has the right for all the creative players for his philosophy and boy city spent huge again.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
It is going to be like when Chelsea were eliminated by Atletico and the next season 3 Atletico players were on Chelsea.

prtk0811

City also play a very attacking game similar to Monaco so it will be easier for Monaco players to fit into their team. Our style is much more conservative, so players from attacking teams could struggle if they move to us, so I am not that bothered about Silva or Mendy.

But I really hope we are in for Fabinho as well. We need a DM who is good with the ball.
The problem is the game has evolved in europe with all the posession based teams, Silva will be a huge opportunity let down for us.

AXVnee7

That's the difference. We (fans on an internet forum) were the ones foaming at the mouth to get him, but it only matters if Mourinho is doing the same. Also I don't think anyone is saying you can't express disappointment, it's the overly dramatic reactions that are being called out.

Do you happen to think we will be lagging behind City for years to come as result of 'losing out' on this transfer?

Zii

Plenty of fish in the sea, he is not Messi you know...

We will regret this, at the latest when he runs rings around our players and will be Citys fulcrum to every attack. Pep has seen him live twice and couldnt resist buying him, even if he has enough offensive talent. He will build the team around him and make everyone better and Silva will be absolutely majestic
Says he isn't messi, proceeds to say he will carry a team. We needed him

cheeky_backheel

Like United obviously :smirk: Or any other bigger club such as Bayern.
There is nothing glamorus about joining Bayern compared to playing for Pep. United, Madrid and Barca are what I would call glamorus options.

United would have been a bigger gamble with more pressure on him. At City, he will have less pressure to deliver immediately.

Devil may care

I can see why people are disappointed, City are going for dynamic attacking players, we have the worst attack of the top 6 and our criteria for players seems to be height bar Griezmann.

Red4Life_#7

You can rest easy. Griezmann is on another level, compared to KDB.
Very happy to hear that!! :D :D Lets sign him up then!!! Commercially he will do wonders too. Plus with Pogba they will both make United attractive for top players again.

theralyst

I can see why people are disappointed, City are going for dynamic attacking players, we have the worst attack of the top 6 and our criteria for players seems to be height bar Griezmann.
From the few times I've watched him he seems like a really tidy ball carrier who can operate in tight spaces. I can't think of anyone in our squad that has his abilities, Mkhi is probably the closest, but he's shown to be a bit sloppy with his possession this season. He basically looks like Mata if he was stronger and faster.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Signing him might be city's "Ronaldo" moment. You know a young player who has a good game against you and you sign him after that. City's players mus be asking pep to get him. Utterly disappointed they got him and not us. He is potentially WPOY material. That 61m is going to look cheap at end of the season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Makes my blood boil seeing the level of players we field while City keeps stockpiling on top attacking talents like this. Ruined my weekend, can't even enjoy the cup win properly now.
You may want to take a nice long walk off a very short plank.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City

Supposedly no add-ons. Flat £43m, which is surprisingly good business.

prtk0811

We will regret this, at the latest when he runs rings around our players and will be Citys fulcrum to every attack. Pep has seen him live twice and couldnt resist buying him, even if he has enough offensive talent. He will build the team around him and make everyone better and Silva will be absolutely majesti
What's bad is first heislinked with us, He's a portugese like mourinho and then pep pokes his nose.

AXVnee7

What's bad is first heislinked with us, He's a portugese like mourinho and then pep pokes his nose.
You need to stop, you're now just spamming this thread spouting the same nonsense about Pep 'hijacking' our players. If that's really his transfer strategy then he won't get very far anyway seeing as him and Jose have vastly different styles of football.

Devil may care

From the few times I've watched him he seems like a really tidy ball carrier who can operate in tight spaces. I can't think of anyone in our squad that has his abilities, Mkhi is probably the closest, but he's shown to be a bit sloppy with his possession this season. He basically looks like Mata if he was stronger and faster.
He is a good mix of Mata and David Silva with more pace and better dribbling, he's the type of player that excites fans, the type you watch a team as a neutral to see purely for the footballing enjoyment, Isco is similar IMO.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
He will sign a contract worth 110-130K/WEEK that is fantastic business. To compare it to us, we pay Ashley Young 120k/week.Looks like the price will also be only 43 Million with 0 add ons.

Devil may care

Mate, I'm disappointed to but I don't think we lost out on him, I don't think Jose was ever interested, big guys and workers are his type of players, a team of Willians and Valencias.

SirMattBugsby

Yes, unfortunately when I started cracking the results went south.
Really? There must have been a whole season of quotes there (assuming each was of a different match day).

Also, just out of curiosity, did you get an alert for every post? Because that must have been an alarming number of alerts..

theralyst

He is a good mix of Mata and David Silva with more pace and better dribbling, he's the type of player that excites fans, the type you watch a team as a neutral to see purely for the footballing enjoyment, Isco is similar IMO.
Bummer :(

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You need to get a hold of yourself mate, we didn't need Bernado Silva and its evident we didn't want him as much as City did. A striker, CB and defensive midfielder are all higher in priority than signing a player like him. Its bizarre you think the Portugese connection has anything to do with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.