Bernardo Silva | Bouhafsi - 70m Euros, 5 year contract. Going to City CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marzo

Great, needed a letdown after winning the European Cup.Life can't always be great and all that.I really thought he was going to sign for us.I trust Jose`s judgement, so hopefully, he has someone better in mind.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He will sign a contract worth 110-130K/WEEK that is fantastic business. To compare it to us, we pay Ashley Young 120k/week.Looks like the price will also be only 43 Million with 0 add ons.
I really hope this is true as our wages won't take a bump with Navas leaving (well not much anway.) Poor Monaco, their players can leave and probably double there wages at 100k a week. Its a bad position to be in with the vultures circling.

AN17

You may want to take a nice long walk off a very short plank.
Nah, I'm good now. It's exactly like
I can see why people are disappointed, City are going for dynamic attacking players, we have the worst attack of the top 6 and our criteria for players seems to be height bar Griezmann.
I was pissed off, and vented my frustration that is all. I'm much more relaxed now.

Not a dig at you, but people moaning about people moaning on an internet forum are equally idiotic as the latter.

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
Each post below is from a different match day thread
*Drum roll*
How long did you have that one saved for the perfect moment?
Finish her! Fatality!!! *mortal kombat theme* :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Really? There must have been a whole season of quotes there (assuming each was of a different match day).

Also, just out of curiosity, did you get an alert for every post? Because that must have been an alarming number of alerts..
Just 4 alerts I think. And a few was from other posters.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Each post below is from a different match day thread
*Drum roll*
woooow. That took some time to go to so many match day threads and look for her posts, or maybe you have a crush?

just asking! :whistle:

It's gonna be a looong summer my fellow muppets, don't lose your marbles, not yet, believe in Jose, he will do right, did last summer.

cyberman

Even if the numbers are true, how is it a fantastic piece of business? Did City say pretty please and Monaco relented?
If anything it would be horrible business from Monaco rather than great strides from City.
If I sold my house for a fraction of it's value it wouldn't make the buyer Alan Fecking Sugar

AXVnee7

Even if the numbers are true, how is it a fantastic piece of business? Did City say pretty please and Monaco relented?
If anything it would be horrible business from Monaco rather than great strides from City.
If I sold my house for a fraction of it's value it wouldn't make the buyer Alan Fecking Sugar
If Monaco sold Silva to City of their own accord then I'd be inclined to agree. But most probably both parties were involved in the negotiations so if you consider it poor business from Monaco, you can also consider it good business from City seeing as they were a part of constructing the deal.

cyberman

If Monaco sold Silva to City of their own accord then I'd be inclined to agree. But most probably both parties were involved in the negotiations so if you consider it poor business from Monaco, you can also consider it good business from City seeing as they were a part of constructing the deal.
If there was something tangible alongside the fee I would understand, the Martial deal with the easy clauses is great business fo Monaco for example.
This would just be Monaco undervaluing their asset. If that's what they accepted then I would guess the starting point couldn't have been much higher.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
:lol::lol: Amazing, well at least that fits the script. You've basically just said a buying club can never do good business, but instead only a seller can do bad business. As it happens I'd be amazed if this transfer was a flat £43m fee, we'll probably never know, but the way you tried to spin it is impressive.

Oaencha

Sky Sports reporting a flat £48m with no add ons. I smell BS... there's no way Monaco would let him go for that considering how much your everday average player costs these days.

prtk0811

You need to stop, you're now just spamming this thread spouting the same nonsense about Pep 'hijacking' our players. If that's really his transfer strategy then he won't get very far anyway seeing as him and Jose have vastly different styles of football.
He is hiacking players which would improve us.

UpWithRivers

If he went for the 43 mill or so then I'm presuming it was the best offer they received. If he is the next messie then surely the big clubs would have just offered more. In summary....good on City. Could turn out a bargain but he's not the god that lots if people are making out....not yet anyway. And he is not the solution thier problems. If they sign Bonnuci or Verrati or lloris then I'll start shitting the bed. Let's see how it pans out after the window.

AXVnee7

If there was something tangible alongside the fee I would understand, the Martial deal with the easy clauses is great business fo Monaco for example.
This would just be Monaco undervaluing their asset. If that's what they accepted then I would guess the starting point couldn't have been much higher.
Is it confirmed that there are no additional bonuses or clauses? If that's the case I'd be shocked and would 100% agree with you that Monaco have shot themselves in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.