Bernardo Silva | Man City Player

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
He’s got the best win percentage of any PL player to have played over 100 games apparently. In 145 appearances he’s been on the winning side for 112 of them. Arguably not as impressive as it sounds when the next 3 in line are Ederson, Jesus & Gundogan.. Perhaps more credit to Pep.

Fantastic player though. City are a very difficult team to stop when he is on form because he offers a completely different threat to the others. He’s also an animal off the ball. I hope he stays.

BlackBinBag

He looked 40 years old when he was about to come on in the game against Leicester. What kind of supplements has he been on?? Bernardo doesn't even look like an athlete but he runs and runs. Same with David Silva losing his hair but magically gaining unlimited stamina in his 30s. Walker losing his hair as well, also huge stamina and rapid pace at 31. City are dodgy as hell tbh.
He could barely run last season. He was chasing shadows in last seasons Derby at OT & he usually saves his best games for Utd.

Wondering if there may be some pressure from Pep on some players. A quiet word to a player that their future at the club is uncertain. Pep offers some of his magic supplements & the player comes back playing like he's been given the Elixr Of Life Potion.

Silva, Walker & Aguero have all come back from the dead at City. Silva & Walker went onto suffer aggressive hairloss & Aguero now has a heart condition.

May all be coincidental. When you consider what happened with Pep & Bayern's doctors & Pep's own experience with supplements it get's you thinking.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
He could barely run last season. He was chasing shadows in last seasons Derby at OT & he usually saves his best games for Utd.

Wondering if there may be some pressure from Pep on some players. A quiet word to a player that their future at the club is uncertain. Pep offers some of his magic supplements & the player comes back playing like he's been given the Elixr Of Life Potion.

Silva, Walker & Aguero have all come back from the dead at City. Silva & Walker went onto suffer aggressive hairloss & Aguero now has a heart condition.

May all be coincidental. When you consider what happened with Pep & Bayern's doctors & Pep's own experience with supplements it get's you thinking.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep'em coming.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Last season was his cycling off season?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
A little magician, would absolutely love someone of his ilk in my team nowadays.

Canagel

Absolutely not.
What have I just read?
A load of shit
No, no and no.
If you don’t see the player we have in Bruno just remember how we were doing before he arrived, I wouldn’t swap him for Grealish and Silva.
You can go back to bluemoon now.
I hate to say it but I WIN AGAIN. May your apologies be loud as the disrespect was. :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s a fantastic player, and I agree with @Canagel there. One of the very best players in the league.

Canagel

He’s a fantastic player, and I agree with @Canagel there. One of the very best players in the league.
They were acting like it was a crime when I said we would be a better team with Bernardo instead of the statpadder. It's a pity because even if there was no chance of us getting him in a swap deal like I suggested this profile of player is exactly what the club lacks and refuses to rectify year after year. Someone that will play well 9 times out of 10 without fans pushing G/A propaganda as justification of how good they are.

GlasgowCeltic

Was like a 39 year old Giggs the way he’d slowly but brilliantly weave his way through midfield

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They were acting like it was a crime when I said we would be a better team with Bernardo instead of the statpadder. It's a pity because even if there was no chance of us getting him in a swap deal like I suggested this profile of player is exactly what the club lacks and refuses to rectify year after year. Someone that will play well 9 times out of 10 without fans pushing G/A propaganda as justification of how good they are.
I also agree with your last point, but the team lacks more than just a Bernardo Silva sadly. We lack the platform/philosophy to get the best out of Bernardo Silva even if he did come tomorrow. We need 3 or 4 more players of a certain profile if we were to see the best of him. He’d no way be as good if he were dropped into this current side.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Bernardo Silva is a great player but he'd be absolutely anonymous in our team compared to Bruno, IMO

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Bernardo Silva is a great player but he'd be absolutely anonymous in our team compared to Bruno, IMO
Bernardo is simply a brilliant and world class footballer. If he played for United you would love him not just for his skill but his work rate is amazing...he just never stops running. To say he would be anonymous in United's team is mind boggling. Bruno is just not in Bernardo's league as an overall football player.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Stacks

the idea that Goals and Assists account for nothing is getting amusing, especially when the rules in a football match suggest that the aim is to put the ball in the net to win the prize, making it the single most important action in any given match. That said, as a midfielder it isn't essential. Bruno should be deployed as a false 9 with wing forwards and move Ronaldo on. Have Pogba, Fred and Rice behind and see how we get on. He has a place in our team/squad.

Righteous Steps

the idea that Goals and Assists account for nothing is getting amusing, especially when the rules in a football match suggest that the aim is to put the ball in the net to win the prize, making it the single most important action in any given match. That said, as a midfielder it isn't essential. Bruno should be deployed as a false 9 with wing forwards and move Ronaldo on. Have Pogba, Fred and Rice behind and see how we get on. He has a place in our team/squad.
He doesn’t have the power and physicality to be a false 9, most cbs are 6ft plus it takes a special type of player to be a false 9 (and not of a similar height) in those circumstances and still shine, that special type of player is Messi.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Bernardo is miles ahead of Bruno. Not even trying to start an argument. It's simply the truth.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He doesn’t have the power and physicality to be a false 9, most cbs are 6ft plus it takes a special type of player to be a false 9 (and not of a similar height) in those circumstances and still shine, that special type of player is Messi.
Foden plays false 9 and he is not big

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Difference between Bruno and Silva is they are a very different types of players and it isn't just about goals and assists, Bruno's ability to create is absolutely ridiculous. He is currently creating more than both KdB and Silva, he is creating more than even Messi, who has the most number of assists this season of all top 5 leagues. Silva on the other hand is more of a midfield maestro while Bruno is attacker midfielder. So it is like comparing Ozil and Iniesta. While yes Silva is a better midfielder but Ozil was simply a machine when it came to creating chances.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Comparing Bernardo and Bruno is like comparing apples and oranges. Bernardo is never gonna have the end product Bruno has. Bruno has more in common with KDB, he's an end product guy. Bernardo has become much more a box to box player who keeps things ticking over. Bernardo is the pre-assist guy to Bruno being the assist guy.
The best comparison is probably recent city where Bernardo Silva = David Silva, Bruno = KDB.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Comparing Bernardo and Bruno is like comparing apples and oranges. Bernardo is never gonna have the end product Bruno has. Bruno has more in common with KDB, he's an end product guy. Bernardo has become much more a box to box player who keeps things ticking over. Bernardo is the pre-assist guy to Bruno being the assist guy.
The best comparison is probably recent city where Bernardo Silva = David Silva, Bruno = KDB.
Spot on.

Stacks

Difference between Bruno and Silva is they are a very different types of players and it isn't just about goals and assists, Bruno's ability to create is absolutely ridiculous. He is currently creating more than both KdB and Silva, he is creating more than even Messi, who has the most number of assists this season of all top 5 leagues. Silva on the other hand is more of a midfield maestro while Bruno is attacker midfielder. So it is like comparing Ozil and Iniesta. While yes Silva is a better midfielder but Ozil was simply a machine when it came to creating chances.
Yep. People try to diminish Bruno by comparing him to midfielders with a completely different style/role and don't value goals or assists anymore because possession is better than a goal or an assist

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yep. People try to diminish Bruno by comparing him to midfielders with a completely different style/role and don't value goals or assists anymore because possession is better than a goal or an assist
Yeah, like City who has KdB, we would need both types of players. One to help control the match/possession and the other to take risks and try and create.

STYLOISRED

I don't know who did those ratings but anyone who put Foden and Grealish above Bernardo needs a slap.
I watched the match and Silva spent more time slipping on the grass than actually Playing football. He didn't deserve to play beyond 60mins. Grealish was just marginally better and Foden admittedly kinda poor too.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I watched the match and Silva spent more time slipping on the grass than actually Playing football. He didn't deserve to play beyond 60mins. Grealish was just marginally better and Foden admittedly kinda poor too.
Silva had a poor game and deserved the rating of around 5.9 (missing two sitters doesn't help), my issue was Foden getting over 5 and Grealish getting over 7. I'd have give Foden a 4 and Grealish on a par with Bernardo.