Bernardo Silva | Man City Player

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Silva has been in poor form for past 1-2 year or so. With Grealish joining, he is clearly the first one to go.

El Jefe

He's an incredible player but I think he's a victim of all the competition and rotation within the team. The fact that he isn't a goal scorer makes things harder for him to get into the team as Foden, Sterling and Mahrez all score more than he does.

A change of team may do him wonders sort of like Alexis Sanchez when he moved to Arsenal.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You are overthinking this a bit. It was a widely reported 'secret' that he wants out for months now, and people are such idiots as you are assuming right now, everyone recognizes the market and that there might simply be no funds for him elsewhere.
Poor guy was wanting out months ago. Poor, poor guy. And by poor I obviously mean fecking minting it in and wants even more now to buy more expensive arse splinter cream.

But what do idiots like us 99.99999999999999999999999% of the country's population know above knowledgeable and woke City fan(s)?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was great last season. Not sure why the fact that he wants to leave the club makes him the new Mata as according to 2 posts now from today that is being the case. You don't become a shit player because you want out.
He definitely wasn't 'great' last season

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I'd take him as part of the Kane deal. Probably wouldn't be up for it but if it's the end of the window and his choices are bench at City or starting at Spurs then he might jump. Laporte too if he's one of the others Pep was referring to as wanting out.

Teja

I'd take him as part of the Kane deal. Probably wouldn't be up for it but if it's the end of the window and his choices are bench at City or starting at Spurs then he might jump. Laporte too if he's one of the others Pep was referring to as wanting out.
Yeah I think it'll be a good signing for Spurs if it ends up happening. Nuno seems to like his pacy wingers - Moura and Bergwijn are having good pre-seasons, so he won't be playing out wide. Son looks like he'll be the CF if Kane leaves.

That leaves Dele Alli's position .. Pretty straight forward upgrade if you have Bernardo instead of Alli in the side IMO.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
And giving Foden playing time

The question is which teams that he'd be happy to join could afford him? Surely he'd cost £50-60 million or so and want to go to a team that can win something.
Yep, he was linked to Barca a little but we all know that’s not happening :lol:.

Maybe at Inter, if they were to sell Lukaku? Otherwise yeah, everyone seems a bit skint/well stocked in the positions he usually occupies.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
I think the term you're looking for is bang average

You're welcome
I don't know why I bother but honestly, how many games have you seen from City last season? Because I saw them all. Either you are referring to his first season or to season 19/20, but last season he was everything but bang average. Even just going by simple logic, why do you reckon he was the go-to-guy in every midfield or forward position last year and ended up with 45 appearances in a highly successful team if he was so average?

tjb

I'll be honest. I've never liked him as a player. Like Mata or Isco I feel he's too limited physically for the attacking role he plays and is not really direct enough to be effective. I always felt on a weaker team, these weaknesses in his game, even at his physical peak, would have been exposed. However, due to Pep's, Barca's and Spain's systems, players like this get away with having so many weaknesses. People compare them quite easily with the Iniesta's and David Silva's without realizing how different and limited some of these smaller technical players are in comparison.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I'll be honest. I've never liked him as a player. Like Mata or Isco I feel he's too limited physically for the attacking role he plays and is not really direct enough to be effective. I always felt on a weaker team, these weaknesses in his game, even at his physical peak, would have been exposed. However, due to Pep's, Barca's and Spain's systems, players like this get away with having so many weaknesses. People compare them quite easily with the Iniesta's and David Silva's without realizing how different and limited some of these smaller technical players are in comparison.
I don’t agree with your opinion. All three of them in their peak are absolutely wonderful players and have proven despite their “physicality” they are top players who can get it done. I would be glad to have them here at United but we won’t get Isco or Silva and we got a Mata when he was sort of declining and we had a shit team around him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't know why I bother but honestly, how many games have you seen from City last season? Because I saw them all. Either you are referring to his first season or to season 19/20, but last season he was everything but bang average. Even just going by simple logic, why do you reckon he was the go-to-guy in every midfield or forward position last year and ended up with 45 appearances in a highly successful team if he was so average?
He only made 26 appearances in the league, if he was the go to guy why were there 12 games he didn't even feature in? I'd be willing to bet not all of those 26 were even starts either

If he were the go to guy then why does he want to leave?

KennyBurner

He's an incredible player but I think he's a victim of all the competition and rotation within the team. The fact that he isn't a goal scorer makes things harder for him to get into the team as Foden, Sterling and Mahrez all score more than he does.

A change of team may do him wonders sort of like Alexis Sanchez when he moved to Arsenal.
Isn’t a great goal scorer and isn’t that creative compared to others he is fighting with. Also doesn’t have that physical presence compared to others. Just runs a lot and is very secure on the ball. Overrated in my opinion.

KennyBurner

I agree with this. He isn’t a central midfielder and is more confident on the wing. Problem is that at the very top for you to be the best on the wing you have to be very fast and technical. Players like robben, salah, sterling, mane are what you find at the top. You need players that can penetrate and make defenders think twice about pressing high. Bernardo Silva is not that guy. He also doesn’t have the creativity that Silva and iniesta have to play the central role consistently. He is a very good player but has always been overrated because he is a hard worker and can do a good enough job.

8thWonder

He stood out for Monaco and got a move to City, being an important player for them along the way. I'm pretty sure you may be exaggerating his physical weaknesses...

He only made 26 appearances in the league, if he was the go to guy why were there 12 games he didn't even feature in? I'd be willing to bet not all of those 26 were even starts either

If he were the go to guy then why does he want to leave?
To be fair he started 24 in the league and he started every Champions League game. He's clearly a good player who City don't want to leave (while at the same time, comfortable with the options they have).

Who knows why he wants to go, it's not because he's not playing though...

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Spurs should be pushing to try and get him in the Kane deal. He is a super player who should never have moved to a club with that much rotation, always been thrown on to do different jobs.

He will blossom with a consistent run in a fixed position.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Had a terrific breakthrough season for City when he joined but I don't think they'll miss him at all now, especially with Grealish onboard and Foden gaining more gametime.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Arsenal, Spurs and maybe Inter (once they get the lukaku deal through) would be good moves.

Banana Republic

24 league starts isn't great by any stretch
Pep uses his squad and rotates properly.
In other words, proper squad rotation doesn't just mean making 8 changes for a league cup match.

Only 3 outfield players played more than 28 PL games last season (Dias, Rodri & Sterling), so Bernado Silva's 26 PL appearances (24 starts) doesn't appear to be particularly unusual.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Pep uses his squad and rotates properly.
In other words, proper squad rotation doesn't just mean making 8 changes for a league cup match.

Only 3 outfield players played more than 28 PL games last season (Dias, Rodri & Sterling), so Bernado Silva's 26 PL appearances (24 starts) doesn't appear to be particularly unusual.
Pep does rotate properly. I wonder if there’s a reason he rotated more than Ole or Klopp?

Josh 76

Love him for when he walked out of the guard of honour when Liverpool were half way through it .

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I've read that he really wants to go to Spain. Atleti seems like the most plausible destination, especially if they sell Saul.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I've read that he really wants to go to Spain. Atleti seems like the most plausible destination, especially if they sell Saul.
Yeah, Spain & specifically Atletico is the most rumoured link. I'd be very surprised if Arsenal, especially Arteta, weren't interested, but I'd also be surprised if he doesn't make the move to Spain somehow.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Juventus should be all over him, as should be Dortmund, as should be Real Madrid. Liverpool sure could use him too.

This is one excellent player that will not be crazily expensive.

flappyjay

Juventus should be all over him, as should be Dortmund, as should be Real Madrid. Liverpool sure could use him too.

This is one excellent player that will not be crazily expensive.
City wont sell to Liverpool a league rival, Juventus couldn't afford Locatelli for 40m , Dortmund might have the cash but i doubt he fits their wage structure.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He really wants to join Barcelona dosen't he, good luck with that one.

Think he'll end up in Italy.

Eternitiy

Reminds me of Juan Mata, peaked in his early twenties then declined early. The most impressive thing about Bernardo in 2018/2019 was his incredible pressing and work rate in addition to technical skill. Now he just looks slow and ordinary.

SambaBoy

I don’t agree with your opinion. All three of them in their peak are absolutely wonderful players and have proven despite their “physicality” they are top players who can get it done. I would be glad to have them here at United but we won’t get Isco or Silva and we got a Mata when he was sort of declining and we had a shit team around him.
How many good seasons have they all had at the top level though?

Isco was always talked about a future world beater and had a few good moments, but how many seasons where you can say he was one of his sides best players, maybe one?

Mata, that season at Chelsea he was brilliant but he's been underwhelming at United and Silva burst onto the scene at Monaco, he's been at City for 3/4 seasons, and had one season where he was brilliant, the rest he's been average/good in bursts.

With them 3, it's always talked about how talented they are but the 'system doesn't suit them' and how a 'different manager would get the best out of them' .