Bernardo Silva | Man City Player

SirScholes

Scary.
Frightening.
Best squad in the league.
Gonna walk the league.
Can't believe we weren't in for him.

I'm sure I'm missing some.
Over rated manager, won't change his style to suit the prem, will finish third again.
There you go

Reynoldo

I'm honestly feeling sick from the squad Pep is building. The talent is extreme. Jesus, Silva x2, KDB. That alone is enough to challenge for anything. And there's probably more to come.
The talent is incredible but lets wait and see come the end of the summer who has solved the most issues all over the pitch. I'm very disappointed not to have got him as well but is there a little bit of your birthday comes earlier in the year then my birthday about this, I mean if for example we pulled off a Bale or Neymar on top of Griezmann and others then would anyone really mind about Silva then?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not in the our NT but that was not my point. I said that William hasn't been the same since managed by Leonardo Jardim. Although Guardiola is vastly superior in relation to the managers William had to play for, you can't deny Jardim's influence in his players.
Different context, no Jardim, more pressure, more media, but in England for him only Guardiola, Pochettino or even Wenger, Mourinho would turn his performances depressing to say the least, glad he didn't went there, not because it was United, but mainly because the current Mou only looks to improve defensive players.

MrBest

gutted we didn't go for him. Feel we missed out on real quality again!

ChaddyP

I love how as i opened up ESPNFC.com all the articles were about Manchester United. had to search hard to find an article about this transfer :lol:

Eire Red United

Jesus
Sane D.Silva De Bruyne B.Silva
Gundogan
Best attack in the league. Guess this confirms Aguero is off unless he's happy with a bench type role. Wonder what this means regarding the links to Fabinho. I assume he'd be playing in midfield so would he be displacing Gundogan already?
Lets hope they don't sign Fabinho, although Pep isn't going to rely on Gundogans fitness so he won't be first choice.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The people saying he suits them more than us are finding excuses. Bottom line is, you sign the best players. 9 times out of 10, the teams with the best players win the game. Its as simple as that. He was one of the best players in the world in his position last season, and is young, and has gone for under £50mil. Whether he makes it in the prem is a different debate, but for under £50mil, this looks a great deal and potentially a bargain depending.

For that price, disappointing hes gone to city.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The people saying he suits them more than us are finding excuses. Bottom line is, you sign the best players. 9 times out of 10, the teams with the best players win the game. Its as simple as that. He was one of the best players in the world in his position last season, and is young, and has gone for under £50mil. Whether he makes it in the prem is a different debate, but for under £50mil, this looks a great deal and potentially a bargain depending.

For that price, disappointing hes gone to city.
Bullshit. You sign the players that the manager wants and who he thinks suits his system most.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So the manager of a top team doesnt want the best players, no?
Not ahead of other positions that require upgrading, and Jose might not necessarily rate him to be as useful in his system as certain other targets.

Its clear we were interested, going by the reports, but just not as keen as City. I'm sure there is a good reason behind that.

Cloud7

Why are people still going on about United wasting time in the transfer market? You would think after last season when we literally broke the transfer window people would realize we will be seriously in for whatever players the manager wants. If we weren't actually in for him then it means the manager didn't want him. It's nothing to do with United dawdling and city coming in and getting the player while Woody sits with his hand in his pants.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The PL is about to go to another level. I really can't see Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool being able to keep up
That's what was said last year, when the 2 Manchester clubs spent at near record levels.
During the course of the season, we saw one club finish 3rd and the other 6th.
Spurs and CFC will still be fighting, even though the 2 Manchester clubs will once again spend at record levels.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
On paper.

Spurs have the best attack in the league with a lot of their players like Son and Eriksen criminally underrated.
Statistically, they have the best attack, by a long way.
Towards the end of the season, they were scoring a lot of goals and had they had another 2-3 games, they probably would've boosted their GD by another 10+.
The good thing for Spurs is that all their players have gelled. They have good continuity, while the Manchester clubs are hiring and firing a lot of players.

Zii

Yep.
It's impressive how quickly MCFC bought the player. No messing around.
Why are people saying this? The deal has taken just as long as another deal, it just hasn't been leaked because nobody gives a feck about city and it doesnt sell clicks and papers

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Jesus
Sane D.Silva De Bruyne B.Silva
Gundogan
Best attack in the league. Guess this confirms Aguero is off unless he's happy with a bench type role. Wonder what this means regarding the links to Fabinho. I assume he'd be playing in midfield so would he be displacing Gundogan already?
I do like the fluidity in that attack. The more I think about this signing I think Aguero will be the most at risk (well Sterling, but I suspect he's happy with a part-time role. We are still realistically 4 signings away from even thinking about competing in the CL in my eyes, all defensively minded including the keeper.

Muppet mode:
------------- Ederson
Walker -- Komp -- Stones -- Mendy
------------- Fabinho
Silva --- Silva --- KdB --- Sane
-------------- Jesus

I still hate the thought of a City side without Aguero, but I really want Jesus to be in the side as much as possible.

WoodysWallet

good signing for City, but let's get real. The guy will find it extremely difficult for the first 6 weeks or so, he's very small and he's not going to like the physicality of the Prem.

Could go either way for me.
I wouldn't be particularly pleased if we'd have signed him if I'm being honest.

ROFLUTION

good signing for City, but let's get real. The guy will find it extremely difficult for the first 6 weeks or so, he's very small and he's not going to like the physicality of the Prem.

Could go either way for me.
I wouldn't be particularly pleased if we'd have signed him if I'm being honest.
The same was said for David Silva though. In Pep's system I dont think it'll matter much - if the system is suited David Silva it is also suited Bernardo Silva imo.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The same was said for David Silva though. In Pep's system I dont think it'll matter much - if the system is suited David Silva it is also suited Bernardo Silva imo.
Don't think his size will affect him much but he's not nearly as good as David Silva who's perhaps been the leagues best player if you combine the last 5 seasons or so. Would be pretty strange to see him in the same first team as Sterling and Sané so as of now I view him as Sterling's backup.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I do like the fluidity in that attack. The more I think about this signing I think Aguero will be the most at risk (well Sterling, but I suspect he's happy with a part-time role. We are still realistically 4 signings away from even thinking about competing in the CL in my eyes, all defensively minded including the keeper.

Muppet mode:
------------- Ederson
Walker -- Komp -- Stones -- Mendy
------------- Fabinho
Silva --- Silva --- KdB --- Sane
-------------- Jesus

I still hate the thought of a City side without Aguero, but I really want Jesus to be in the side as much as possible.
I imagine you'll sign a CB too along with backup choices for both RB and LB (though maybe just LB given Fabinho could play at RB if necessary). With Sterling off the bench and Gundogan another option, you'll be having a squad capable of challenging on all fronts... another trophyless season would be seen as a failure.

Don't think his size will affect him much but he's not nearly as good as David Silva who's perhaps been the leagues best player if you combine the last 5 seasons or so. Would be pretty strange to see him in the same first team as Sterling and Sané so as of now I view him as Sterling's backup.
Sterling's been on the bench the last few weeks. It is going to be the other way around - Sterling will be his backup.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Breakout player of the year I'd say, Mbappe gets the headlines but everything seemed to start with Silva. No doubt their encounter up close gave each other a good look at one another, only natural that Pep would be impressed by his playmaking skills. Had no idea City were considering the player but impressive piece of business, Pep targeting difference makers on the pitch where City struggled most and executing deals early
I really though Barcelona would get him

Prodigy24

This happened so fast. Just a couple of days ago I was reading that he was one of Mourinhos top targets for the summer and now out of nowhere he's signed for City. Such a shame as I think that he's a fantastic little player that will improve their attack even more.

Really hope they don't sign Fabinho as well. We have to sign him!

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Different context, no Jardim, more pressure, more media, but in England for him only Guardiola, Pochettino or even Wenger, Mourinho would turn his performances depressing to say the least, glad he didn't went there, not because it was United, but mainly because the current Mou only looks to improve defensive players.
I tried to like mourinho but comes to my mind all the time that game against Sporting he was coaching lamps or Porto I forgot

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He came from an attacking team and the current United would be bad for him because they play defense
Yes sir, he probably would be transformed into a fullback :lol:

I tried to like mourinho but comes to my mind all the time that game against Sporting he was coaching lamps or Porto I forgot
At least when he was in Porto he was progressive, now his only pleasure is to silence poets and stop the oposition to play, he will not win the league playing like he did Wednesday.

ROFLUTION

I hate to say it but I think Bernardo Silva has more potential than David Silva. But he's been amazing David Silva, even though he's faded a bit. Hopefully City will still not figure out how to defend next year. Pep looks semi-terrible in that aspect.