Height: 1,73 m
Nationality:
Portugal
Position: Right Wing
Foot: Left
Current Club: Manchester City​

Last edited:

RedStarUnited

Theres almost no way in hell Monaco would sell so early unless the fee is favourable to them.

Theres definitely bonuses in there.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
They are going to need to find the new Makelele for them to play with all these attacking midfielders and wingers.

Pace Abuser

He suits them more than us. I'd rather have a Mourinho inspired and fully firing Douglas Costa on the right wing.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Never a fit for a Mourinho system and also together with Griez would take our expenditure to about 170m Euros before we have adressed the ST\DM\CB issue.

Not bothered by us not getting him, slightly bothered by City getting a player so fit to their system though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
£43m is a great price. I wonder if they just paid a shit load for him and Fabinho/Mendy and the allocation is just uneven.

Nero

Scary.
Frightening.
Best squad in the league.
Gonna walk the league.
Can't believe we weren't in for him.

I'm sure I'm missing some.

Varun

Staff
He is a top player and he'll be fantastic for them but I can't help but feel he's much more suited for them than us. I'd rather get a direct pacy wide player to go with Greizmann

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Clearly a brilliant player. Perhaps a sign that Pep is changing the system and very likely a sign that certain existing players will start having less game time.

I do hope it was simply a case that we never really interested as it would be pretty disheartening if they had convinced that the Etihad was the preferable destination to Old Trafford.

Devil may care

He's a fantastic talent and very much suited to Guardiola's progressive, attack based style, him on the right and Sane on the left will make City very dynamic next season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Scary.
Frightening.
Best squad in the league.
Gonna walk the league.
Can't believe we weren't in for him.

I'm sure I'm missing some.
Embarrassed has to be there somewhere

AXVnee7

Excellent signing for City. Be good to see how he fares in the Prem.

SwansonsTache

£43m. We paid £30m for Bony. Txiki is upping his game!
Most trusted French journos says something else. Bouhfal is the shizzle when it comes to French transfers.

Most likely a Martial type deal, only you are excluded from the "report every bonus and salary plus a direct translation of euros to pounds" MUFC rule that the English press has when it comes to transfers.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Most trusted French journos says something else. Bouhfal is the shizzle when it comes to French transfers.

Most likely a Martial type deal, only you are excluded from the "report every bonus and salary plus a direct translation of euros to pounds" MUFC rule that the English press has when it comes to transfers.
I don't know. Sterling is always reported as £50m even though it was £44m and bonuses.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Except of course with Sterling who they always say £50m plus signing when he cost 44 and the rest is add ons. They refer to Martial as £36m more often than not instead of £50 whatever it could be.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Jesus
Sane D.Silva De Bruyne B.Silva
Gundogan
Best attack in the league. Guess this confirms Aguero is off unless he's happy with a bench type role. Wonder what this means regarding the links to Fabinho. I assume he'd be playing in midfield so would he be displacing Gundogan already?

SwansonsTache

I don't know. Sterling is always reported as £50m even though it was £44m and bonuses.
Haven't seen that.

Still remember the Pogba saga though where the reports from Juve with a statement about the sum being £89m with them paying all agent fees were straight out ignored for the sensational £100m pounds and United pays all the agent fees angle from the UK press.

I largely ignore English press when it comes to transfers. Bouhfal or Di marzio all the way for me.

Also for the ones commenting on Martial reporting, that was largely reported as a desperate last minute splurge by us with all add-ons and what not reported. The "most expensive teenager ever" angle was put forth by every outlet.

Anyways, shits given - we spend what we earn and balance the books, not everyone can say that.

Last edited:

izec

Jesus
Gundogan
Best attack in the league. Guess this confirms Aguero is off unless he's happy with a bench type role. Wonder what this means regarding the links to Fabinho. I assume he'd be playing in midfield so would he be displacing Gundogan already?
Yes, i think he would play instead of Gündogan. Optionally one of David Silva or KDB on the bench and Gündogan with Fabinho in midfield, but that would be too defensive and normal for Pep

Varun

Staff
Jesus
Gundogan
That's just ridiculous really.

prtk0811

That's a statement signing for the pep's Philosophy, I am sure of it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Again, I'm not particularly bothered about this signing

however if a Pep goes on to sign a TOP quality keeper, centre back, and fullbacks then I'll be worried.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Would not be surprized if he doesnt meet the high expectations. Not saying he will be poor, but its a different animal the PL.