Bernardo Silva | Man City Player

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I don't think he did, he followed by saying "then struggled for the most part of his first season for City".
You’re probably right, and tbh I wouldn’t even agree that was the case at City seen as he rarely started anyway.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I know you’re joking but I’ve never liked this scapegoating of Gundogan by City fans. He was immense v Madrid but got little praise, and yesterday he was hardly the worst of our issues. He’s an easy target to avoid asking more difficult questions, such as is Laporte as good as we think he is?
I've crucified Laporte too, the 1st goal yesterday was completely on him again. He's been pretty rubbish since returning from injury and in general shocking in big games. The thing with Gundo is he's tidy but nothing else. He's fine as a 6 with Bernardo and KDB but him and Rodri just aren't compatible together.

Robbie Boy

Some bizarre logic in here - so he was overrated in 18/19 when he was immense, made the PFA team of the year and was City's player of the year? Very odd use of the term overrated. To say he hasn't been brilliant this season is correct but saying he was overrated in 18/19 is nonsense.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I've crucified Laporte too, the 1st goal yesterday was completely on him again. He's been pretty rubbish since returning from injury and in general shocking in big games. The thing with Gundo is he's tidy but nothing else. He's fine as a 6 with Bernardo and KDB but him and Rodri just aren't compatible together.
Maybe that's exactly what you need. After all, his primary task is to bring your attacking players in positions in which they can capitalize their strengths and Gündogan is very good at it. Having de Bruyne and David Silva as 8s who also score like crazy is nice but maybe a midfield that distributes the ball and doesn't want to stand in the lime light all the time grants youngreater stability. Look at Kroos and Modrix for that matter. Iniesta and Xavi weren't the greatest scorers most of the time either. But both midfield combos excelled at absorbing pressure and bringing the attackers in position.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Pep using three at the back and then playing both Rodri and Gundogan was criminal. Mourinho tactics, against Lyon.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Was surprised by his lack of game time this season, in all honesty. Clearly having been following City because I thought his dip in form had to do with not being selected consistently. But this thread seems to be saying that his lack of form resulted in less playing minutes (chicken, egg).

Thought he was immense in 18/19 and City had found their natural successor to Dilva already. But pep seems to be in awe of Gundogan, who I don’t think has been that a great fit for the EPL - or maybe the Rodri partnership isn’t the greatest.

In Sane & Bernardo I was sure city had most of their “front 5” (with the exception of eventually replacing Aguero) sorted for the next 5 years. Funny how quick things change in football.

Delano

Without going all "conspiracy theory" on you, he started off the season quite well stats wise... But since his suspension from the Mendy incident, his stats and performances seem to have fallen off a cliff.

Could that be a reason behind his exclusion from the team/poor form?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pep using three at the back and then playing both Rodri and Gundogan was criminal. Mourinho tactics, against Lyon.
absolutely, I mean the one thing we knew was Lyon are a tough stylistic match up for us, like. They are big strong and pacy so playing two statues in midfield and going like for like was crazy.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Without going all "conspiracy theory" on you, he started off the season quite well stats wise... But since his suspension from the Mendy incident, his stats and performances seem to have fallen off a cliff.

Could that be a reason behind his exclusion from the team/poor form?
Nope, I think its nothing more than just sitting on the bench too much tbh.. not getting a run of games.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Brilliant player and I struggle to understand why he was not starting yesterday.

RooneyLegend

What the hell can there only be 5 players who perform good in a season
All were better than him, someone asked who was better than him. Look, it's as simple as me not rating him as much as others. Just my opinion.

Aguero, Silva, KDB and Laporte are the City players with amazing quality. The others are good players

Pep's Suit

That part is totally wrong, he was in fact the one player that would affect games late on a regular basis.
Looking at his 16/17 league stats: 2 goals + 0 assists between 75-90th min so have to disagree.

E-mal

He is a terrific player and won't mind him here but not on the right wing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Looking at his 16/17 league stats: 2 goals + 0 assists between 75-90th min so have to disagree.
But your clearly didn't watch Monaco that year because he was rarely the ones at the end of actions but the one initiating breaks and he was also often the most lively player at the end of games. He was for Monaco what Iniesta was for Barcelona, he didn't had impressive stats but he was involved in everything good.

His contribution was way beyond goals and assists, it was mainly about moving the ball during transitions and starting the pressing phases.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He didnt hit the heights of last season but to say he has been poor this season is wrong. The stats (i.e. goals/assists) dont always reflect the overall quality of play. When I watched City, Bernardo often seemed to be the danger man who was making things happen, even if he didnt end up as the one on the scoresheet. Honestly baffled by his lack of gametime this season.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

Seems very whiny
Yea it’s the same guy who sang about Salah getting injured and victims. Also didn’t clap for us winning the league. It’s all ok and I get it but don’t moan when you get mocked for crashing out of the CL.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is it me or is he proper crap now? When was the last time he did anything of merit.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was thinking the same. Looks a bit shit these days

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
0 goals and 0 assists this season and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends like this either the way he's playing. Should start worrying more about how he's playing and less about the Benfica elections

Pep's Suit

Like I said many times before: he's ridiculously overrated here. Simply overperformed for a year and that's it. And the same could be said about Mahrez.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been solely watching him since I posted this and he absolutely stinks. Even his five yard passes are slightly behind or too far in front. Had an air shot as well. Gets away with it as well for someone who cost £43m.

Tarrou

most of their attacking players seem off the boil in recent weeks, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus.. who is actually playing well?

doesn't bode well for a title challenge

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
They need to stick him back on the gear. He was an unstoppable ball of energy and incisive running a year or so ago. Nowadays he’s limper than my cock after 12 pints

padr81

Supports
Man City
This is his real level. He's a good player but I think that season was him running himself into the ground. He'll never repeat it.

IrishRedDevil

He really is fantastic. He's got a great IQ on the pitch.
MOTM again today I think.
He's very special.
Ready made silva replacement too. Super recruitment
Sensational player. Annoying that City have already found their David Silva replacement while we are still trying t find our "next xyz's" who retired or left a decade ago.
Easily among the best players in the league. Technically brilliant, clever and has exceptional work rate.
He’s unreal, a truly brilliant player.
Magnificent player.
Love him. Arguably overtaken de Bruyne as our most talented player. de Bruyne at his best is slightly ahead but he needs to put his injury troubles behind him.
He is bloody brilliant......hate to say it.
Amazing player.
best player in the Premier League for me

shades of Scholes
So then, what happened to him?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Really wouldn't be surprised if he stumbled upon a really good cocktail of PEDs that season