Besides United, who are your other sports teams and why?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Basketball - 76ers. Allen Iverson was the sole reason I root for them. Wouldn’t say I’m a die hard fan but I do check to see how they’re doing quite often. I liked the warriors a few years ago before the Steph Curry era, the whole we believe thing.

Football - Napoli. Always loved Italian football and had strong feelings for Roma and Napoli. My dad being a huge maradona fan would tell me stories about him. I followed them when they had Cavani, Lavezzi, Hamsik. I’ve also been to Naples twice recently and love the city and the people.

I have passing interest in other team sports but don’t follow a specific team.

diarm

Rugby - Munster
NFL - Baltimore Ravens
GAA - Cork

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Football: Toronto FC
This is my first local football team, effectively. I moved around way too much in my school years to really support any of the other local teams. Plus, this is the first local team that I can watch live with my own income.

Basketball: Toronto Raptors
See TFC

Baseball: Toronto Blue Jays
See TFC

Unfortunately, I could never get into ice hockey, so I don't really care about the Toronto Maple Leafs. Same goes for the CFL and the Argonauts. Even though I follow the NFL, I don't have a team that I root for in particular, so I just enjoy it as a neutral.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Rugby - Munster
NFL - NYG
GAA - Cork
F1 - Ferrari
NBA - whoever is fun to watch in the playoffs
Internationals- Ireland
so as you can see I don’t support recent winners :( bar the Irish rugby team if you call them that or Leinster in disguise would be a more accurate name

LDUred

I spent 10 years of my life in Ecuador, so while I was there I supported LDU Quito. The Ecuadorian league (Serie A) is pretty average quality-wise and to be honest even the best teams would struggle to hold their own in the Champo, although occasionally you get a team that has some quality that goes far in the Copa Libertadores. Serie A does have a fun concept insofar as it is divided in two stages. The winner of the first stage faces the winner of the second one in an end-of-season showdown. If the same team wins both stages, then there's no play-off and they win outright. Pretty cool. Ecuador's national team have varied over the last 20 years from also-rans to genuine contenders in CONMEBOL, and they're just very unpredictable. This time round, they're a young side with flair and speed and they could make the knockout stages.

I grew up and studied at Manchester Uni but I now live in Shropshire, so I follow Shrewsbury Town's results as well now. It's pretty funny that nobody there rated Daniel James and that he barely made the bench even for the mighty Shrews. I guess they knew something Manchester and Leeds didn't.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Bulls back in the 90s, then I had a soft spot for the Heat after MJ retired for the second time. Tim Hardaway was my guy.

And The Mighty Ducks, of course.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays. When I first came to the US, the Jay's AA farm team played in the city where I lived. I used to go and watch them when I could get to a game and have been a fan ever since.
I was expecting you to say the Giants, so this caught me by surprise. I'm guessing you're getting quite excited about this current Jays team and their potential over the next couple of years.

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm a sucker for punishment clearly.

NBA - Big New York Knicks fan. Watching them play in MSG probably the sporting highlight for me.
NFL - Miami Dolphins. When I started getting into the NFL I loved Ricky Williams.
F1 - Mercedes. Never used to have a 'team' up until a couple of years ago, but Merc having the English guys has swayed me.

And in the sports I kinda watch sporadically but don't have huge investment in, I like the Maple Leafs in NHL and Mets in MLB.

JoaquinJoaquin

Basketball - 76ers. Allen Iverson was the sole reason I root for them. Wouldn’t say I’m a die hard fan but I do check to see how they’re doing quite often. I liked the warriors a few years ago before the Steph Curry era, the whole we believe thing.

Football - Napoli. Always loved Italian football and had strong feelings for Roma and Napoli. My dad being a huge maradona fan would tell me stories about him. I followed them when they had Cavani, Lavezzi, Hamsik. I’ve also been to Naples twice recently and love the city and the people.

I have passing interest in other team sports but don’t follow a specific team.
Allen Iverson my favorite player of all time. Loved watching him take that garbage 76ers team to the NBA finals in 2001.
Napoli is a cool team to. Love the passion that the people in Naples have for them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Football I like Everton and Forest Green (environmentalism etc.)

NFL - Broncos because they were the first team I played with on Madden 06.
F1 - McLaren because I started taking a heavy interest in F1 when Lewis joined.
Tennis - Murray because Scotland.
Rugby - Scotland.
Boxing - I like Usyk.
Darts - I don’t really support anyone but I love watching it. It’s one of those sports I don’t really care for or the players but everytime I watch it I get super into it.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Football I like Everton and Forest Green (environmentalism etc.)

NFL - Broncos because they were the first team I played with on Madden 06.
F1 - McLaren because I started taking a heavy interest in F1 when Lewis joined.
Tennis - Murray because Scotland.
Rugby - Scotland.
Boxing - I like Usyk.
Darts - I don’t really support anyone but I love watching it. It’s one of those sports I don’t really care for or the players but everytime I watch it I get super into it.
Yeah I find this, sometimes I will watch a sport and just cannot take my eyes off of it.

BootsyCollins

Football : Stabæk (Local team in Norway)
Basketball : 76ers (Was in Philly with my basketball team when i was 16, and loved Iverson) and Dallas (Luka Magic)
Hockey : Rangers (Because of Zucca) and Blue Jackets (Because of Shampo)
F1 : Ferrari (They are Ferrari)

choccy77

I have always supported all the Boston & New England based teams

choccy77

Raith Rovers - second football team because they're local. Also because feck the Pars. Rose to fame recently by hiring a guy charged with sexual assault and once famously let Nicholas Anelka's brother give us £100k so he could become manager, which went as well as you'd expect. Players used to walk out to Barbie Girl for some inexplicable reason. If you think I'm weird then you've never been to Kirkcaldy.

Fife Flyers - ice hockey team. Oldest in the entire UK, even older than some US and Canadian teams. Stadium always smells like shit chips. I remember the good old days before they had safety glass installed and pucks would frequently fly past your head and smash against the back wall, or someone's face. My favourite memory was me and my mates flicking the Vs at a bunch of posh Guildford fans who were taunting us with their shite chant "Guildford, Guildford" (presumably written by the same guy who writes Chelsea songs) constantly until we came back from 4-0 to win the game. cnuts.
Maybe before your time, but I used to play with Fred Perlini

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I was expecting you to say the Giants, so this caught me by surprise. I'm guessing you're getting quite excited about this current Jays team and their potential over the next couple of years.
I've certainly got high hopes for this season for the Wild Card (not catching the Yankees unless either we go on a tear or they have a massive collapse).

Got some great memories from my early days of watching the K-Jays. My favorite pitcher (Juan Guzman) played for them, also Mike Timlin and Pat Borders. I used to work with Borders' brother in law and got a bunch of souvenirs from the '93 World Series.

I remember the Blue Jays being down huge to the A's in the American League Championship game in the early 90s and promising God if they could win the game I'd go to church that Sunday (blasphemy I know). They won and I kept my promise.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don't support any other football team apart from Chelsea. Have soft spots for some teams but they change very often.

NBA - Houston Rockets. T-Mac is my favourite player of all time. Became a fan of the Rockets when he was there. Crazy to think that was nearly 20 years ago. Apart from Chelsea, the Rockets are the sports team I've been a fan of the longest.

NFL - New Orleans Saints - This one is very simple. I became friends with an American at uni who introduced me to American football. He was from New Orleans, so naturally they became my team. Praise the gods every day he wasn't a Jets fan. I used to be one of those annoying people that would tune into the SB and bitch about what a shit sport it is. It's my undisputed favourite sport now.

NHL - Montreal Canadiens - I spent a period living in Montreal many years ago, and obviously one does not live in Montreal without becoming fan of the greatest hockey team that's ever been.

F1 - Ferrari.

Tennis - used to be Murray, I'm kind of a casual/neutral these days, and I only watch the grand slams.

Don't really have a baseball team but the only team whose games I watch every now and then are Houston Astros games.

The only other sport I watch with any regularity is boxing but, same as Tennis, I'm a casual fan who only watches the big fights.

slyadams

I'm a season Ticket holder at the MK Dons (wife and kids got into football, OT is too far to come each weekend, so they support their local club)

NFL/NHL - Bucs and Lightening as I've got a lot of family in Tampa and have spent tonnes of time out there.

F1 I'm a Hamilton fan.

I follow McIlroy, Casey, Rose etc., anyone British mainly.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I've certainly got high hopes for this season for the Wild Card (not catching the Yankees unless either we go on a tear or they have a massive collapse).

Got some great memories from my early days of watching the K-Jays. My favorite pitcher (Juan Guzman) played for them, also Mike Timlin and Pat Borders. I used to work with Borders' brother in law and got a bunch of souvenirs from the '93 World Series.

I remember the Blue Jays being down huge to the A's in the American League Championship game in the early 90s and promising God if they could win the game I'd go to church that Sunday (blasphemy I know). They won and I kept my promise.
The Jays of the early 90s had so many cool stories about them. I wasn't born back when they won their two consecutive World Series titles, but I bet that must have been a wild ride for anyone who's lived through that.

Hopefully you got some amazing souvenirs from Borders' brother in law. That's an awesome connection to have!

ChrisNelson

For football, my local team Belper Town who I follow home and away and also do the social media (amongst other things!). Also Stenhousemuir because I liked the name when I was a kid! Went up there when I was 14/15 and they gave us a guided tour (not that Ochilview is very big!).

Honorable mentions for my other local team Chesterfield and childhood holiday destination teams Scarborough and Newquay.

Always look out for Hertha Berlin as went to see them while on a lads weekend.

Cricket wise it's Derbyshire Falcons, used to go to virtually all of the T20 and 50 over matches but it's slowed down a bit since Covid.

For American sports I have simply always gone with the first team I saw at each (being the home team on each occasion) so that's New York Mets (1997), Washington Wizards (2009) and New York Rangers (2009). I've never seen an American Football match live and I'm happy to keep it that way.

My rugby team is the Exeter Chiefs, we used to have a subsidiary company based down there a few years ago and I ended up organising a retirement function at Sandy Park. I went back in 2019 to see their Premiership Semi-Final victory over Northampton.

F1 is much more of a solo sport than a team one and I don't really watch it anyway, and after that I'm struggling because there aren't that many other team sports that spring to mind and for Davis Cup or the World Cup of Darts for example which we've seen this weekend I'll just support my home nation of GB/ England.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Fantastic! How have you found the badge/coaching quals process?
I've really enjoyed it, the FAW course itself I found very worthwhile, but more than that I've found I really enjoy coaching kids football. At one point
I had an opportunity to go into mens coaching that covid ultimately ended, at the time I was gutted but looking back things have worked out well. A lot less stress and it's something I find fullfilling

If Arnold reads the forum hit me up :lol:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
NFL - Raiders. Started watching in the Marcus Allen/Plunkett/Long days.

Rugby - Don't follow it any more since the regions came in and spoiled it all.

Nobody else I can think of at the moment - Brazil usually in the World Cup as I loved Eder and pretended to be him in school.