Best and worst looking trophies

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Champions league is the best imo. Not a fan of the Europa league trophy, or the FA cup really.

I do like the FA Cup.

Not too big, not too small. It's got handles and also that top bit you can take off and feck about with.

Trophies with lids are just asking to be dropped and damaged.

I'm shocked that dingy looking Premier League trophy is considered anything but hideous by so many people. Silver trophy with golden tacky lions and crown, plus BarclaysBarclaysBarclaysBarclaysBarclays...

Revaulx

I do like the FA Cup.

Not too big, not too small. It's got handles and also that top bit you can take off and feck about with.

You can also bet on which member of the winning team will be the first to put it on his head :)

Revaulx

I think the Premier League one looks cheap and nasty. The different coloured metals don't go together at all, and the royalist symbols are incredibly tacky.

The Europa League (ex-UEFA Cup) trophy is very classy. I'm surprised it only dates from 1972; it has an almost Art Deco look. Its predecessor the ICFC's was just weird.

ROFLUTION

Magnificent
Most beautiful one for me. It's simple and nice with craftmanship and history in it. Its humble in looks compared to the others, which makes the meaning of it stand out more. Sort of like the Holy Grail scene in Indiana Jones

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Yeah, the World Cup will always be the number one trophy for me.

Strats

The Stanley Cup is beautiful, the fact that they have engraved teams and players who won the championship since 1893 is something special.

Football wise the current Premier league trophy and World Cup are magnificent

Ludens the Red

It’s extinct now but I can’t decide if this trophy is awesome or shite...

the french league cup or coupe de Ligue.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The World Cup is just a piece of art.

The likes of PL trophy, just look like a blow up cheap tin cup you get on every god damn amateur competitions.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Amazed at the suggestions for the PL trophy as it’s truly awful.

The European Cup & UEFA Cups are perfect. The former is properly magical.

The Calcutta Cup is one I’ve always had a soft spot for. It’s not pretty, but is somehow appealing.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
The World Cup is just a piece of art.

The likes of PL trophy, just look like a blow up cheap tin cup you get on every god damn amateur competitions.
Nothing ever tops this. It's just perfect

RedDevilRoshi

FIFA World Cup trophy is my favourite by a country mile. A pure magnificent masterpiece.

Rugby World Cup trophy is pretty nice too.

Eric_the_Red99

The Stanley Cup is beautiful, the fact that they have engraved teams and players who won the championship since 1893 is something special
So do they keep adding tiers to the base so they can keep adding names? Are they going to do that indefinitely?? It already seems mostly base rather than cup...

Lj82

Pineapples were seen as a great luxury in the 1700s and it was a great honor to be presented with one. It became a symbol and was used as ornaments in stately homes, usually at gates and stuff like that.
I learn something new on the Caf everyday.
Thanks

ThinkTank@Cafe

1. World Cup. Every gram worth of what it represents - planet’s biggest trophy.
2. Stanley Cup. Always loved it.
The rest

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
The Champions League hands down.

Having finally seen Liverpool lift it, I actually don't really like the PL trophy. Looks too gaudy and reeks of the marketing of the league.

decorativeed

Trophies with lids are just asking to be dropped and damaged.

I'm shocked that dingy looking Premier League trophy is considered anything but hideous by so many people. Silver trophy with golden tacky lions and crown, plus BarclaysBarclaysBarclaysBarclaysBarclays...
To be fair, it said Barclays on it for about 10 years, but hasn't been on the trophy for the last 5.