Best Crossers of All-Time

Baneofthegame

I’m sure a lot of people will say Beckham, Figo etc

So I’m going to throw out Joaquin.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Beckham is THE best crosser ever who is in the league of his own. Other players were good but no one has come close to him, IMO.

And I've always like G.Neville going forward because he also was very good at crossing the ball into the box.

Valencia was good in first two seasons but then he forgot to cross overnight.

From other players I like Baines, his set pieces and crossing from open play were also very good (and still are to some extent).

Rish Sawhney

Beckham.

Everyone else.

PS: Special mention for those first time crosses Carrick used to make when the wide right player (usually Valencia) would lay it back for him.

MartinRed

Ashley Young was good also it's beyond my understanding how crappy his crosses became in more recent years?!

Thiagoal

I remember for a period of time Steve Guppy was putting in some absolutely sensational crosses! So much so he got an England call up and was heralded, by Kevin Keegan, as the left footed Beckham! Sadly, he turned out to be a one cap wonder!

LisburnWhite

Don't know if it's just me remembering with rose tinted glasses but Steve Coppell was always a great crosser of the ball.
Every time he got the ball on the wing it was almost a certainty that a good cross was coming in.

RooneyLegend

Alonso, Shearer, Gerrard, Trent Alexander Arnold, KDB, Dinho, Zidane all with honorable mentions with Becks as the unattainable standard.

Mr. Christian

Becks, the best I’ve ever seen as an out and out crosser of the ball.

The accuracy from distance was incredible and in my opinion it’s not physically possible to be much more accurate than he was.

It was incredible sight, his technique was impeccable and one of the most recognisable in the game.

Leaning to the left, left arm outstretched and a sweeping right foot all in one majestic movement. It was a thing of beauty, a perfected technique.
I agree, from a delivery perspective Becks, Maradona and..... Wait for it... Glen Hoddle!!! Could all hit a ten pence piece from 40 yards. Unfortunately ‘Diamond Nights’ drops Hoddle down a peg or two.

Mr. Christian

Early 80's Spurs winger Tony Galvin was an excellent crosser of the ball. No speed but always managed to find space to bend it around the full back.
I reckon Glenn Hoodle’s boots were a fair bit tastier, all be it not from the wing!
Stevie Coppell wasn’t too bad if I remember correctly

RUCK4444

I agree, from a delivery perspective Becks, Maradona and..... Wait for it... Glen Hoddle!!! Could all hit a ten pence piece from 40 yards. Unfortunately ‘Diamond Nights’ drops Hoddle down a peg or two.
Yes actually I do agree with Diego and Hoddle was an excellent passer.

Hey I don’t thing Diamond Lights is all that bad compared to some other football related songs:nervous:

Enigma_87

You know who
In terms of other names in no particular order:

left side:
Mihailovic
Brehme
Kolarov
Giggs
Di Maria
Dzajic
R.Rodriguez
Baines
Sheedy
Recoba
Hagi

right side:
Becks
Figo
Quaresma
Kaltz
Bentley
Bale
KdB
TAA
Garrincha
Arce
Candreva
S. Larsson
Piksi Stojkovic

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Cristiano's crossing was underrated. Incredibly whip on it.

Beckham stands alone. The way he struck the ball was totally unique.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Cafu yet. His crossing was up there, probably the best right back of all time and certainly the best attacking fullback.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Kily Gonzalez from the left put in some quality balls for Valencia under Hector Cuper.
Vicente,when he was fit, was a quality deliverer of the ball as was his wing counterpart, for Spain at that time,Joaquin.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
For a moment there I thought this was a : Benzema missing easy chances compilation.
Still,Ronaldo has always been a good crosser of the ball. His issue in his early days was always overplaying his dribbling,much to the frustration of Ruud.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Steven Berghuis has magical left foot. He can cross with the best of 'em. Doesnt count though, it's just the Dutch league. Always looking out to promote my hero though.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
In terms of other names in no particular order:

left side:
Mihailovic
Brehme
Kolarov
Giggs
Di Maria
Dzajic
R.Rodriguez
Baines
Sheedy
Recoba
Hagi

right side:
Becks
Figo
Quaresma
Kaltz
Bentley
Bale
KdB
TAA
Garrincha
Arce
Candreva
S. Larsson
Piksi Stojkovic
Good list

norm87cro

It's not even close and its Becks and its not even subjective since we all mostly support United.

Andersonson

Not sure if he's mentioned, but he should. Del Pierro!

He was a incredible crosser. Not far behind David Beckham

MrEleson

Ronaldo’s crossing is probably one of the most underrated aspects of his game. Think people forget he started off as a traditional RM.

As for the thread I’d say Beckham is the clear #1 in terms of razor sharp accuracy with an efficiency never seen before.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Beckham is the best, I don't think anyone else comes close in terms of consistency. Although KDB and Trent are coming pretty good.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Surprised no one mentioned Cafu and Roberto Carlos yet.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The British game was full of quality crossers in the 1980s and 1990s.

Mentioned a couple of times, but worth reiterating Dzajic - from watching him for Bastia, his crossing was sensational. A couple of those not suggested so far are Rivaldo, who had a lot of power to find gaps when he peeled out wide, and domestically the likes of Guppy and Thomson were pretty reliable.
Javier De Pedro
Good shout.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Beckham, Robert, TAA, KDB all quality.

On a different list would be Antonio Valencia who would try and take your head off. Although he did have a run of form with Rooney heading a few goals in if I remember correctly.

Enigma_87

You know who
@Gio what do you make of Strachan? Think he had an excellent cross on him - both on pace and accuracy.