Best crowd “pop” ever after a goal ?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Perhaps fuelled by the romanticism that this goal stopped Liverpool winning the league and handed it to us at the death
Came to post this. Absolute madness at the ground, one of my favourite moments going to watch United.

For me it was the build up to that day also. I'd been watching him for the reserves and said I thought he looked really good. Then I think that week he scored a great hattrick against Newcastle reserves/u23s (or whether it was back then). For the rest of the week z knowing we were short of options, I kept saying we need to give him a chance, he's on fire at the moment. Then I saw his name on the bench, then that happened. I'm gutted it never came together for him.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I was there for that Deeney goal. Coupled with the penalty save seconds before it is the most mental pop of celebrations i have seen live. Ran straight on to the pitch with my Watford supporting mates :lol:

Big Andy

Bloke
I always loved the reaction to Scholes' goal against Barcelona in 2008. There was so much tension, and when Scholes picked up the ball, there was this feeling of anticipation as the crowd level rose and when it went in the whole stadium erupted. Old Trafford was really loud that night
Best atmosphere I've ever been at that. Was pure tension for the whole of the second half. The sheer relief at full time was palpable.

I think I was still in the stadium about 30 minutes after just sat in my seat. I had to be told to leave by the stewards. Was physically and mentally drained (and really pissed)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I didn't enjoy it (obviously) but that aguero moment had a pretty nice ''pop''.
I have followed Real Madrid since the 90s. No season ever comes close to the 2007-08 season when we stole the title from Barca.

We went into the 2007/08 season having won nothing for 4 years (worse than current United) and our entire backroom/team was a shambles (like the current United). The only thing we did right was hire Don Capello who simply doesn't give a sh-t about reputations (EtH now?) and focused on results rather than style.

We had to win the final game of the season and were down 1-0 to Mallorca until the final 20 minutes of the season.
Then Don Capello subbed our team's underwear model with an actual player and the rest is history.
Putting in a Spanish-language video because English just doesn't do justice. Watch in full volume.

1:40 - Equalizer
3:09 - We lead
4:56 crowd pop - we double the lead. Up until this moment, my father who doesn't understand my love for Madrid and that I can die for the team, was taunting me just to f-k around with my head and remind me what a loser I am. He is not really a fan but has a really loose/casual interest in the game. When this goal went in, I swear I heard voices telling me to strangle him and watch the life go out of him as a 'thank you' sacrifice to the Gods. I might have even done it but my body went out of control and forced me to keep shouting "Cmoooon! C'moooon! C'moooon!". And I also couldn't see through the tears.
Years of pent-up rage - virgin, no friends, always an outsider, no gf ever, brutal job, no recognition, no real talent, hardworking but always come 5th place despite my best efforts - came out. If someone would have f-d with me at work the next day, I'd have beaten the shit out of the entire city!

Great story but for fecks sake he was pretty decent for you lot in that campaign :lol:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I was at that game, incredible atmosphere. There was one stage where Watt went clean through and would have made it 3 but was flagged offside before he got the chance to shoot. I reckon if that had gone in it would have blown the stadium roof off, as the noise nearly did on his goal.

Remember years back, maybe 1995, and Celtic had signed a player called Jorge Cadete. He came off the bench to score on his debut and the sound of the crowd knocked BBC 5live off air.
Cadete was a beast in Sporting ;)

Pscholes18

How about Stapletons goal vs Barca? That had to have been a huge pop if you were there at OT...sounded loud on the shitty old video.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Scholes vs Barcelona.

Wilt

Rooney’s bicycle kick v City, followed by his iconic celebration.

Never tire of seeing it. Magical.

pastyfool

I went to

I went to bed crying in sadness at 90 minutes.

I was 9.

I was a stupid cnut.
The reason why I’m a UTD fan is because of my dad.

I watched that game in a pub in central London (crazy night), my dad was over in Galway at the time. He was staying at his sisters. It’s kind of important to point out they’ve always had a bit of an icy relationship.

Anyway, he watched the game in the city centre. He was in such a bad mood from the game he left just before the 90 were up and decided to walk back to his sisters (about 40 mins away) to cool down.

When he got in she congratulated him, to which he told her to fu*k off and stop taking the piss. The more she tried to explain what happened the more he thought she was taking the piss out of him. It wasn’t until later when it came on the news that he finally believed her…

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How about Stapletons goal vs Barca? That had to have been a huge pop if you were there at OT...sounded loud on the shitty old video.
I sadly couldn't go as I had to work and also couldn't afford it being a poor student at the time. I walked back to my flat in Didsbury after work and knowing that traffic would be coming back from the game I avoided looking at the road so I couldn't see the mood of people driving home. Somehow I got home without knowing the result and sat down to watch the highlights on TV. Whiteside chipped onto the bar early on and my flatmate said "Oh that was close. Shame as that would have made it 4-0".

FFS

Eriku

The Darren Fletcher looping header when we beat Jose's Chelsea at OT 1-0. Atmosphere was incredible all game.

They had looked unbeatable and that defeat was almost like the first chink in their armour, the first time we got one over them and proved they weren't invincible

Least that's how I remember it!
First match I attended :drool:

Great atmosphere that night. Loudest I’ve experienced OT though was the 1-0 win against Arsenal in the CL semi first leg in 09. Can’t imagine how rocking it would have been the year before against Barcelona, it was just on another level.

Micky Targaryen

I still remember the best I’ve ever seen live. 2008, it’s 0-0 heading into injury time against Sunderland at Old Trafford. We’d had chances but it’s petering out into a frustrating draw - until Carrick picks up the ball outside the box and hits a deflected shot against the post, to yet more groans. The ball falls to Vidic in front of an empty net, and it takes an eternity for him to get there. The whole stadium seemed to say “go on!” And then pause. The way the stadium erupted though when he tapped it in, I’ve never heard anything like it since, and at this seemingly run-of-the-mill league fixture as well. Fergie’s injury time winners just had that extra something.

I miss this crazy fecker :( One of my all time favs

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Can't seem to find the individual goals but most recently when each of the goals went in vs Leipzig it just seemed to get louder and louder culminating in Lundstram getting the 3rd around the 6 min mark.

The celebrations after the game were pretty loud as well.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I was lucky enough to be in the stadium for this one.

"There is no love lost between these two sides, and that hatred can occasionally boil over and spill onto the pitch in the Avellaneda derby - as it did in February - when both teams were incredibly reduced to nine men by the end of the match.

Racing were immediately plunged into trouble, when goalkeeper Gabriel Arias saw red for using his hands to save a shot outside of the box, and the Academy looked to be dead and buried when Leonardo Sigali was later given his marching orders for a stray elbow.

Down to 9 men the home side dug deep, defended bravely, and on 86 minutes, they took a shock lead, when Marcelo Diaz calmly slotted home from inside the penalty area.

Independiente lost the plot following this killer blow, and their players saw red - twice, in fact. The Red Devils picked up two red cards in the dying minutes as tempers frayed, and fights began to break out all over the pitch.

Pure drama."

It felt as if I had an anaconda squeezing the air out of my body for the complete match and that tension was broken in a second..

https://youtu.be/GR8f76E_cDE

Lentwood

First match I attended :drool:

Great atmosphere that night. Loudest I’ve experienced OT though was the 1-0 win against Arsenal in the CL semi first leg in 09. Can’t imagine how rocking it would have been the year before against Barcelona, it was just on another level.
I was at both of those games too!

AC Milan 3-2 with Rooney's last minute winner another great atmosphere and the 7-1 vs Roma was THE best 90-minute atmosphere I have experienced at OT.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I remember watching the City / United League Cup second leg in 2010 on TV in the main hospitality suite (misplaced my ticket & couldn’t get back to my seat for the second half). Wilf McGuinness took pity on me it seemed & hung out to chat with me during the last twenty minutes of the half. When Rooney scored off the Giggs cross, I swear we could feel OT shake a bit.

As fortune would have it, Wilf was on the same flight as me to Philadelphia the next AM to visit his son. I had lucked out into business class & asked the flight attendant if Wilf could be brought up to an adjoining seat which was empty. She nicely agreed, so I was regaled with old school stories about United for the entire six hour flight. That trip still brings a tear to my eye how it played out.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
The roar from the crowd in general after a goal in Spain/Portugal always seems so much more intense than in the UK
that’s because all they do is sit and watch the game. in england at any given point 36% of the crowd are looking down, doing a bump off their car keys, another 40% are looking at the sky whilst sinking a warm carling, 17% are having a fight, another 14% are swearing at the opposition fans and the other 5% are doing bad maths. it’s little wonder every goal is missed and any cheering is just a reaction to person next to them cheering. it’s called ‘lout osmosis’ in the trade.

CallyRed

that’s because all they do is sit and watch the game. in england at any given point 36% of the crowd are looking down, doing a bump off their car keys, another 40% are looking at the sky whilst sinking a warm carling, 17% are having a fight, another 14% are swearing at the opposition fans and the other 5% are doing bad maths. it’s little wonder every goal is missed and any cheering is just a reaction to person next to them cheering. it’s called ‘lout osmosis’ in the trade.

The roar from Spanish men post pop is also more intense according to my gf.