Best ever hat-tricks

Gazza

Was recently watching Brazilian Ronaldo's masterclass at Old Trafford and then saw Sky are featuring the PL's greatest hat-tricks

What are some of the best hat-tricks you've seen?

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
R9 vs Valencia
two goals where he just decides to run through the defense

Last edited:
Reactions: harms

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Wayne Rooney's debut against Fenerbahce. First ever game for United, in front of OT crowd, goals with left foot, right foot and freekick, what a way to introduce yourself as a teenager.

Tarrou

two great headers and a worldie to beat the scousers, not bad

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Hasselbaink's hat-trick for Chelsea against Tottenham in 2002 was pretty special:

Tottenham's results during that 8 day period:
Premier League - Man Utd 4-0 Tottenham - Taricco sent off after 40 minutes
FA Cup - Tottenham 0-4 Chelsea - Chelsea took revenge for their 5-1 defeat at White Hart Lane in the League Cup earlier that season
Premier League - Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham - Taricco sent off after 60 minutes

meamth

The Berba one sticks on my mind for many many years since because it was that incredible to happen.

A hattrick against the scousers, will always go down to the legendary books, at least for me.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Rivaldo scored another pretty memorable hat-trick for Barcelona earlier on in the 2000/2001 season, away to Milan in the Champions League 1st groups stage:

Milan had won the reverse match at the Camp Nou, and Barcelona finished 3rd in the group behind Leeds and were relegated to the UEFA Cup, but it does highlight how well Rivaldo played in a pretty weak Barcelona team.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Marco Fabian's for Chivas against their Guadalajara city rivals Atlas in 2015 was also special:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
This one was probably the most hair-raising hat-trick I've seen live (others might have been better but not as special). Similar circumstances as Rooney vs. Fenerbahçe in terms of a prodigious talent having a landmark game, but an even bigger occasion as it was a Clásico vs. the eventual champions. Every time you thought Madrid were going to seal the deal, the kid magically pulled one back (equalized the first goal, then the second goal and finally Ramos' presumptive winner in the 90th minute) — and was the biggest difference-maker on a pitch that also contained the likes of van Nistelrooy (Pichichi winner in 2006/07), Henry (reigning Ballon D'Or bronze medalist), Ronaldinho, Raúl, Xavi...

At least for our generation it's comparable to Pelé vs. France in 1958.

Honorary mentions: Shevchenko vs. Barcelona in 1997, Lucas vs. Ajax in 2019, Bergkamp vs. Leicester in 1997, Cristiano vs. Wolfsburg in 2016, Rossi vs. Brazil in 1982 for non-live.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Was recently watching Brazilian Ronaldo's masterclass at Old Trafford and then saw Sky are featuring the PL's greatest hat-tricks

What are some of the best hat-tricks you've seen?
De Gea in net and Ronaldo only scores one goal that evening. His performance was fantastic, but 2 of his goals are saved by a quality keeper.

VanKenny

This one was probably the most hair-raising hat-trick I've seen live (others might have been better but not as special). Similar circumstances as Rooney vs. Fenerbahçe in terms of a prodigious talent having a landmark game, but an even bigger occasion as it was a Clásico vs. the eventual champions. Every time you thought Madrid were going to seal the deal, the kid magically pulled one back (equalized the first goal, then the second goal and finally Ramos' presumptive winner in the 90th minute) — and was the biggest difference-maker on a pitch that also contained the likes of van Nistelrooy (Pichichi winner in 2006/07), Henry (reigning Ballon D'Or bronze medalist), Ronaldinho, Raúl, Xavi...
Henry joined Barcelona for the 2007/2008. I think you mean Eto'o.

Anyway yeah that hattrick is my choice as well. Kind of a sign of things to come.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Going to be abit left-field and mention Kagawa's treble vs Norwich. Each goal had a smooth confident and aesthetically pleasing finish. It was exhibition stuff at times.

OJKernow

Berba Vs Liverpool and Rooney debut already mentioned.

I also fondly remember RVP against Southampton early on in the 2012-13 season. Just remember feeling at the time, he'd only been at the club for like 3 weeks, helped us come back from behind the week before Vs Fulham, and then did the same again coming back from losing positions twice against Southampton, felt we had hit the jackpot with his signing, he really hit the ground running.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

The first and third are fantastic goals in very different ways and the initial pass for the fourth is crazy too.

OverratedOpinion

Berbatov and Rivaldo.

I might be imagining it but I feel like I once saw Peter Crouch score a great hat trick. Maybe I just only remember Crouch scoring bicycle kicks.

RyRoc

This should be up there for me.

1st goal - great build up play and classic Henry finish.

2nd goal - Lovely finish with 'weaker' left foot.

3rd goal - Delightful free kick into the top corner.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Rivaldo scored another pretty memorable hat-trick for Barcelona earlier on in the 2000/2001 season, away to Milan in the Champions League 1st groups stage:

Milan had won the reverse match at the Camp Nou, and Barcelona finished 3rd in the group behind Leeds and were relegated to the UEFA Cup, but it does highlight how well Rivaldo played in a pretty weak Barcelona team.
I remember this game Barca lost the first leg at Nou camp 2-0 Bierhoff scored a header in the game

The greatest hat trick has to be the Rivaldo vs Valencia game, I heard he was about to be sold to Lazio before that game, the hat trick changed it

IrishGlen

RvP vs Villa. 3 in 45 minutes. One a goal of the season contender. No.20 officially sealing title 20. SAFs last year.

Handré1990

Wayne Rooney's debut against Fenerbahce. First ever game for United, in front of OT crowd, goals with left foot, right foot and freekick, what a way to introduce yourself as a teenager.
Immediately thought of this. Never seen another player find his feet as quickly as he did.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

The only hattrick where the first and second goal look the same

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Scholes' hat-trick away to Newcastle in 2002/2003 was impressive, especially considering the fact that Newcastle were 3rd in the table and the importance of the match during that season's title race:

Bentley scoring a hat-trick against United in his first match after permanently signed for us, was memorable from our perspective even though United's defending wasn't particularly great:

I think that was the first time that a player scored a hat-trick against United in the Premier League era. I think it was also the first time that a 'smaller' club did the double over United in the Premier League era for 12 years since Chelsea in 1993/1994 (Chelsea were a mid-table club during the first 5 seasons of the Premier League era until 1996/1997).

Rooney24

Zlatan v England. Technically 4 Goals but Im giving it to him.

For that one or two seasons he is still the best player I've ever seen, this match showed why

We scored four and were miles better than them, and i remember the frustration that a supposedly fat and finished Ronaldo just wouldn't go away

Sealed the title and one of the best goals ive ever seen