Best front three in history

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Suarez has added a lot more steel to the front line we missed in past. Yesterday's goal or goal vs RM last season wouldn't have been possible without him. He does tend to get offside a lot, but added that cutting edge playing up top as pure striker. And combined with his workrate, I say money was well-spent.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I don't think there's any doubt this is the greatest front 3 ever.

This is the Bradman of football -- people will be like "how is that even possible"? We're pretty lucky to be seeing this imo.

If Neymar suprasses Ronaldinho, it will have as much to do with his work ethic as his talent imo.

Ronaldinho for 2-3 years was magical. There is no way to say Ronaldinho would have played at the same level if he'd been fit/committed for 5-7 more years but those 3 years of Ronaldinho were very good.

Ronaldinho was basically the cataylst in Barca becoming what they are. They were almost an average team which he made into an awesome team.

They had likes of Oleguer, van Bronckhorst, Marquez, van Bommel, Giuly... all decent players but nothing compared to some of the more recent Barca team.
Even Dinho struggled to make Barca successful before likes of Etoo, Deco were added (Davids in a loan spell also played a role in turning them around). But yes, the overall quality of Barca was poorer than it is now, that is well reflected by the trophy hauls of the 2 eras. Barca team that won the CL under Dinho was still the best in Europe for about 3 seasons.

Even without Dinho, I think Barca were always destined for this kind of era of dominance. Emergence of troika of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi would have always catapulted them to the top.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't think there's any doubt this is the greatest front 3 ever.

This is the Bradman of football -- people will be like "how is that even possible"? We're pretty lucky to be seeing this imo.

If Neymar suprasses Ronaldinho, it will have as much to do with his work ethic as his talent imo.

Ronaldinho for 2-3 years was magical. There is no way to say Ronaldinho would have played at the same level if he'd been fit/committed for 5-7 more years but those 3 years of Ronaldinho were very good.

Ronaldinho was basically the cataylst in Barca becoming what they are. They were almost an average team which he made into an awesome team.

They had likes of Oleguer, van Bronckhorst, Marquez, van Bommel, Giuly... all decent players but nothing compared to some of the more recent Barca team.
In addition to Puyol, Deco, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry (last season) and Eto'o.

Oneunited26

The past 3 seasons of Suarez and Neymar (2 seasons) have been better than anything Ronaldo ever put up. It's funny how people aren't wise to this. You're watching football in its greatest era with the greatest technical level ever.

I can't make this any clearer. Ronaldo won one league title in 14 years in Europe. I'm fairly certain he didn't win the Champions League either but I am welcome to be corrected. Suarez almost carried a dire Liverpool squad to the most competitive league in the world and is now on course for a 45-50 goal season.
Those 3 wiped the competition clean last season playing some of the most outstanding football Barca have played in years, these 3 put the whole Madrid dream team to shame apart from zidane, in history hard to say, but the past few decades Barca's current front 3 I would rank them has the best, because of the longevity these 3 can have in the next few season's to come of atleast 2 to 3 season's, possibly another CL or 2, and certain la liga titles are the for the taken for Barca

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Griezmann-Martial-Dybala (that would be great for us).

Thierry Henry, Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi are for me the best front of 3. However, I enjoyed Ronaldinho-Eto'o-Messi a bit more.
Even though Barca has had the best fronts of 3, Iniesta has been really important for their success.

Our best front of 3: Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez... The question is, what front of 3 would you like to see at United?
Henry-Eto'o-Messi were incredible, but personally I'd only have them as the 3rd best Barcelona front three of the last decade. The current trio plus Villa-Messi-Pedro (2010/11) are ahead in my view - if we're talking about collective performances rather than individual ability.

I said last season that Villa-Messi-Pedro were ahead of the current trio for now, but now that they've carried that form on there's no doubt they're the best. They're the best front 3 I've seen in my lifetime, can't speak about before that.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
With Bayern having injury troubles and Real Madrid just lacking that disciplined organisation, is there any other team that can prevent Barca from winning another treble? Who can beat them over 2 legs? I'd say they are nailed on to reach the CL-final. Their front three is so ridicilously good.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
With Bayern having injury troubles and Real Madrid just lacking that disciplined organisation, is there any other team that can prevent Barca from winning another treble? Who can beat them over 2 legs? I'd say they are nailed on to reach the CL-final. Their front three is so ridicilously good.
If they perform to their best they won't be stopped in Europe. No team is perfect though, they just need an off day (or an injury crisis) and they'll be knocked out.

They're favourites, but it's still a cup competition so who knows.

Kazi

There's always a fine line between being eliminated from the Champions League and going through. Even last season in the final, after Juventus equalised, they were on top for the ten minutes following their goal. They could have scored again and won the cup despite Barcelona dominating the other 80 minutes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think it's nailed on. They've not been all that impressive in la liga this season dropping plenty of silly points. Their defending seems worse than last season and that will be key to whether they can be stopped. They'll fancy their chances against everyone of course, but I don't think they look invincible right now. I thought Jan 15 to May 15 was far more impressive and when they truly looked unstoppable.

Sigma

Talent wise they probably it's probably the best front 3 ever. Although I probably would have to give them 1-2 more years until I could say that they are the best.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The past 3 seasons of Suarez and Neymar (2 seasons) have been better than anything Ronaldo ever put up. It's funny how people aren't wise to this. You're watching football in its greatest era with the greatest technical level ever.

I can't make this any clearer. Ronaldo won one league title in 14 years in Europe. I'm fairly certain he didn't win the Champions League either but I am welcome to be corrected. Suarez almost carried a dire Liverpool squad to the most competitive league in the world and is now on course for a 45-50 goal season.
You seem to forget how stronger the top clubs are now relative to 15 years ago or longer. They can now call on almost endless resources and stockpile the best players like never before. Plonk Ronaldo into an attack alongside Messi with midfield support from Iniesta and Busquets, rather than the likes of Benoit Cauet and Ze Elias, and watch the carnage.

Sigma

I can see Neymar's career nose diving just like Dinho's. Just let him win a Ballon D'or, they just can't handle the parties.
I don't get that vibe from Neymar, I think he will be much more consistent than Ronaldinho.

Skorenzy

Suárez' 2013/14 at Liverpool is the only one out of those 5 seasons you mention that could be argued to come close to or perhaps even match Ronaldo's 1996/97, in my opinion. Their other seasons are a level below (though probably on par with Ronaldo's 1997/98), I feel -- Neymar this season was on course to having an equally impressive season as Ronaldo's and Suárez' best, but he's dropped off a bit in the past month.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seeing as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo all played for Milan and Barcelona, I would have loved to see them at the same club together. :drool: (probably not when they were at Milan :lol:)

But for me, Messi Suarez and Neymar are the best but the Eto'o, Henry and Messi trio was fantastic too.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Re; MSN - This deserves a mention in here too considering the goals scored is practically them. Does highlight that they have the best team around them too though.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
February 28th 2015
Total goals: 72
Messi 38
Neymar 24
Suarez 10

February 28th 2016
Total goals: 94
Suarez 41
Messi 30
Neymar 23

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Were always bound to be better this season after Suarez settled properly.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
A key element of what makes MSN so good is that they are incredibly hard to contain no matter how hard you press them. This allows Barca to initiate proper counter attacks even when they're under heavy pressure from the opponent team. You see it a lot that the absorbing team cannot get out of their own half because of the high pressing but Barca's front three will practically always pound you on the counter.

Cait Sith

Had to take a look ...

Messi 45
Neymar 28
Suarez 18
= 91
This was in April the 16th last season. Currently the trio is at 100 goals at the beginning of March.

Suarez: 42
Messi: 35
Neymar: 23
= 100

There are at least 10 league games, 1 Copa del Rey game and 1 CL game left (realistically Arsenal are already out so let's make that 3 CL games). So 14 games minimum. 140 goals looks doable (with Messi 2 months out). Remember when 100 goals from Messi, Henry, Eto'o looked special? :wenger:

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Well then, 131 goals this season and 122 from 14/15 makes it 253 goals in two seasons:

Messi: 99 in 106 games
Suarez: 84 in 96 games
Neymar: 70 in 100 games

And 7 out of 9 possible trophies. Yeah, they're not bad. :lol:

Moby

Dick
That's a misleading title! Excellent goals no doubt but that's far from the best 'counter attack' goals I've seen and I'm sure MSN themselves have scored better counter attack goals than the ones in that video. Few of them wouldn't even fall under the category, let alone being anywhere near something like this:

OR

Counter attack - pace, directness, lightning struck, etc.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Graziani-Rossi-Conti
Müller-Rummenigge-Hoeness
Rensenbrink-Cruyff-Rep :drool:
could argue Raúl-Morientes and Zidane, more so than Del Piero-Inzaghi and Zidane

Some awesome front fours (Zagallo-Pelé-Vavá-Garrincha, or Rivelino-Tostao-Pelé-Jairzinho, or Boniek-Rossi-Bettega with Platini behind them) and fives before that.

It is largely correct to say the great teams moved from front 5s to front 4s, then suddenly dropped to 2/or 1-2, and 3 has been more common since the 00s.
Yeah :drool: