Best Front Twos of All-Time

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
We've had a best front three thread, now for the best front twos. Despite there being many strike partnerships I can't really think of any top top quality ones. Yorke and Cole was obviously a great partnership but they were never top top level strikers (I actually remember a Teletext poll in the 98/99 season which was Utd's best front two and by a significant margin it was Sheringham and Solskjaer). The biggest name front two I can remember was R9 and Vieri at Inter but they were often injured and didn't play that much together. The best front two I can think of, although it's somewhat unconventional, was Henry and Bergkamp.

I'm probably missing a lot so please remind me.

diarm

Ronaldo and Romario
Klinsmann and Voller
Henry and Bergkamp
Di Stefano and Puskas
Shearer and Sutton
Beardsley and Linekar
Zamarano and Salas
Butragueno and Sanchez
Rush and Dalglish

Nicklas

I guess the popular answer will be Puskas and Di Stefano, but being to young to witness this duo I will go for Ronaldo and Rivaldo.

TheOrgazoid

Ronaldo and Romario
Klinsmann and Voller
Henry and Bergkamp
Di Stefano and Puskas
Shearer and Sutton
Beardsley and Linekar
Zamarano and Salas
Butragueno and Sanchez
Rush and Dalglish
This one almost certainly contains the correct answer.

Moby

Dick
Ronaldo and Romario
Klinsmann and Voller
Henry and Bergkamp
Di Stefano and Puskas
Shearer and Sutton
Beardsley and Linekar
Zamarano and Salas
Butragueno and Sanchez
Rush and Dalglish
Di Stefano and Puskas don't count as it was a front 5.

Rest are all bangers. Shearer and Sutton were class, as were Dalglish and Rush.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Gullit and van Basten
I think we have the winner already.

Romario and Ronaldo was awesome but they didn't play that much together.

Also @diarm Puskas and Di Stefano were really part of a front five so wouldn't really count them.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If we are talking purely on chemistry Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen have to be mentioned.

Harold_Giles

From what I've seen I have to go for Yorke and Cole, two non world class players who combined for a world class partnership

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Terribly partial to Suker-Mijatovic

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
What about Muller and Kalle?
Their peaks were a bit too far apart and Rummenigge started to excel once Gerd had already declined and then left to play in the US. Kalle's best forward partnership was with Dieter Hoeneß, Uli's little brother.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Just remembered an awesome but short lived front two - Edmundo and Batistuta at Fiorentina

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Some that didn't get mentioned:
Romario/Stoichkov
Raul/Morientes
Del Piero/Trezeguet
Vialli/Mancini

Not so glamorous ones:
Shevchenko/Rebrov
Makaay/Tristan

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Some that didn't get mentioned:
Romario/Stoichkov
Raul/Morientes
Del Piero/Trezeguet
Vialli/Mancini

Not so glamorous ones:
Shevchenko/Rebrov
Makaay/Tristan
Funny I forgot the Rebrov/Shevchecko partnership, Rebrov was seen as th better player when they played together. When we signed him I was sure he would be a hit... He wasn't :(

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
C'mon guys surely you all love Utd but Henry/Bergkamp knocks spots off anything Utd had in the last 30 years.

Credit where credit is deserved. Those two were total class. Imagine Henry/Bergkamp at Utd then someone shouts up Cole/Yorke at Arsenal lol

TheReligion

Abusive
C'mon guys surely you all love Utd but Henry/Bergkamp knocks spots off anything Utd had in the last 30 years.

Credit where credit is deserved. Those two were total class. Imagine Henry/Bergkamp at Utd then someone shouts up Cole/Yorke at Arsenal lol
You think? Henry and Bergkamp didn't play as a front two but even still what Yorke and Cole achieved in 99, dominating the PL and Europe, was never done by the invincibles.

If Bergkamp wasn't scared of flying maybe they'd have won a European trophy but sadly he was and the rest is history.

Yorke and Cole destroyed Barca at the Nou Camp and Juve at the Del Alpi on their way to lifting the famous trophy. A goal share of 54 between them that season is pretty special.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I was fairly young when Yorke and Cole were playing, but I remember loving watching them.

IAmAWinner

My mentions are nowhere near to being best of all time, but Suarez and Sturridge were lethal in 13/14 and I really enjoyed watching Rooney and Chicharito in second half of 10/11.

deafepl

From what I've seen I have to go for Yorke and Cole, two non world class players who combined for a world class partnership
I agreed. Also, Ronaldo and Rooney are technically world class at that time, they have scored 60 goals together in 48 games :eek::eek:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Ronaldo and Rivaldo
Shevchenko and Crespo
Villa and Torres