Best Goals & Assists totals combined in Premier League history?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Premier league site counts assists from the PL start time. They have mentioned that in their site.
Good to know, that must have been done in the last year or two by viewing goals as they didn't officially start to count assists until 2003 and didn't always have that information on their site but it seemed easy enough to figure out via and intern going over video and match reports.

AttackingFlair

If we look at overall instead of individual seasons then I’d say Rooney’s is really impressive. Third highest assists in the league, more than Gerrard and Lampard having played less games but also second in goals scored.

Classical Mechanic

Lampard 09/10 is a joke. The only other CM I can think of that got close to that was Toure in 13/14 with 20 goals and 9 assists. Ridiculous achievements for both of them.
Gerrard got 13 goals & 13 assist in 13/14 and 16 goals 9 assist in 08/09. Think those were the seasons they got closest to the title apart from last year.

Actually Lampard in 04/05 got 13 goals and 18 assists.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Gerrard got 13 goals & 13 assist in 13/14 and 16 goals 9 assist in 08/09. Think those were the seasons they got closest to the title apart from last year.

Actually Lampard in 04/05 got 13 goals and 18 assists.
Weren't Gerrard's 13 goals in 13/14, 12 penalties and one free kick?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Suarez scored 31 goals without pens because Gerrard took them. He could have easily reached 35 if he took pens.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
1 goals and 1 assist you mean.

Also in 8 games against Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City. He scored 1 goal and got 2 assists in 8 games. He was a flat track bully that season. 14 goals against relegated teams massively inflated his figures.
I love to bash him as much as the next guy but he was brilliant in most of the big games that season, even though he was unlucky with the end product. I wouldn't put him next to Henry and Ronaldo in terms of their league peak though.