Best of the rest - PL edition

TheReligion

Abusive
So just a thread to mention the players you feel could make the step up from their current club to become a fixture, squad or first team, in a better side. Here's mine;

Aston Villa
Grealish
McGinn
Mings

Bournemouth
Brookes
Wilson
Ake

Southampton
Ings
Ward-Prowse

Norwich
Buendia

Burnley
McNeil

Wolves
Neves
Traore
Jiminez

Newcastle
Saint Maximin

Brighton
Dunk

Everton
Richarlison
Digne
Calvert Lewin
Gomes

Watford
Doucoure
Sarr

Leicester
Chilwell
Soyunchu
Maddison

Couple of examples;

Someone like Arsenal could do much worse than looking at Ake, Mings, Soyunchu and Dunk during the summer for instance. They really need a CB who knows the PL in my opinion and any of those would upgrade what they have.

I think as a cheaper option on the RW United would get alot from Traore or Saint Maximin with the latter being my pick as a good squad player with plenty of development time left. If you wanted to go bigger money Richarlison would be great in that front three too.

SirAnderson

Would be interesting to see the stats of how much players move between our league verses how often clubs buy outside our league. If our league is really better, then naturally we should have mini Bayern's all over our league buying from the lower clubs.

TheReligion

Abusive
Would be interesting to see the stats of how much players move between our league verses how often clubs buy outside our league. If our league is really better, then naturally we should have mini Bayern's all over our league buying from the lower clubs.
I think clubs are richer than in Germany (might be wrong) so are less bullied than they used to be. For instance I recall Bournemouth quoting £70m for Ake last summer and refusing to move on it. In Germany it seems the smaller clubs have less power and are easily brushed aside.

SirAnderson

I think clubs are richer than in Germany (might be wrong) so are less bullied than they used to be. For instance I recall Bournemouth quoting £70m for Ake last summer and refusing to move on it. In Germany it seems the smaller clubs have less power and are easily brushed aside.
The clubs are richer in the Prem isn't it. Hence teams like Bournemouth don't feel the need to sell their better players. Whereas in Germany the lower clubs aren't that rich and helps when they can sell off their better players a.k.a Dortmund. Why Dortmund does it is strange though, they have the money to keep their good players, but still sell, its probably just their philosophy.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
'Smaller' clubs have shown they won't be bullied now with transfers which means that either you're going to have to pay a big fee to get them, the club needs to be relegated or the players contract needs to be running down.

People might laugh that Ancelotti is taking a big step down to Everton but as a fan of the club it's obviously great but for a multitude of reasons. One of them is the aura he has. I reckon that gives us a year or two extra with all of the players we have that clubs are interested in. Richarlison also apparently said that since he signed the 5 year contract it would be unfair to leave immediately after doing that so wants to give us a bit more time.

I think McGinn, Grealish, Buendia, Brooks and Ake will all be nailed on to leave if their clubs get relegated.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'd add Doherty from Wolves. Could definitely move up a level, but I suppose Wolves are aiming to take that step up as a club anyway.

With Wolves, Leicester and possibly even Everton we could have a really strong top 9 teams in the prem for the first time in a while. Add in wildcards like Sheff Utd and you can see that the league is really tightly contested.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Might as well add Arsenal to the OP
And Sheffield, Palace, and West Ham. Or were they omitted because there is no such player over there?

But yeah, if Leicester is in there, why not Arsenal? (And Spurs?) OK, I know why, it's because they have more standing based on the last decade than Leicester and all the others. I wonder when that ends though, and players think the real step up is Leicester and no longer Arsenal. (Probably a discussion for a separate thread.)