Best player to only play 2 seasons or less for us

0161_UNITED

Dion Dublin got struck down by injury in his prime right after his arrival. Good player he was. But yeah, probably Tevez.

wr8_utd

:'(
Tevez. He was bloody brilliant and I was devastated we didn't sign him up.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Veron

Go back and watch some of the passes he played, they don't make them like him anymore

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Definitely Tevez. Hindsight is 20/20 and he turned into a bit of a bastard. But at the time I wanted us to pay what it took to get him.

I never took to Berbatov so I was annoyed that he effectively ousted Tevez out of the side. I've irrationally held it against Berbatov ever since.

RedRevongge

Surely it's Zlatan? :cool:

EDIT: Yes I read OP but it's unlikely he will be here longer than 2 years

pacifictheme

Has to be Tevez. Played really well, especially in his first season. Dipped towards the end but was great overall.

Hes a dick, but he was great for us.

SirAF

Ageist
I just checked that Stam spent 3 seasons at United so it has to be Tevez based on performances at United. If you interpret the question as "mentally at United" Van Persie and Yorke effectively spent one brilliant year here before starting to check out.
I think Yorke was quite decent in his second season too?

MoskvaRed

I think Yorke was quite decent in his second season too?
I can't remember properly to be honest. I just have the recollection of him being world class in the treble year and markedly diminishing returns after that.

dutchred

Bobby Noble - left back
Ian Storey-Moore - left wing
John Connelly - right wing
Billy Whelan - MF
Eddie Colman - MF
Bobby Noble was a really good player. If i remember correctly he had a car accident and suffered an from double vision afterwards. Really a shame

SirAF

Ageist
I can't remember properly to be honest. I just have the recollection of him being world class in the treble year and markedly diminishing returns after that.
47 matches and 23 goals. Not too shabby

Jaybomb

Tevez can't be topped. Big reason we won the CL that season.

Falcao is one of my favourite ever players. But he wasn't as good for us as Tevez was. Same goes for Veron, Di Maria and Kagawa.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Has to be Tevez.
Veron was a class footballer who just didn't work out for us.
Larson another good shout and Blanc.

zeekey

I liked having Blanc here. Thought he had a great influence on the team. Shame we got shot of Stam at the time he came in because that would have been an awesome pairing for a couple of years.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Reading through this thread and some of the great players that briefly played here, it seems all the more baffling that Fellaini got not only a third, but a fourth season.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Tevez
Di Maria
Veron

What's up with Argentines struggling at Manchester United?

red_devil83

It's hard to define best because most players who play 2 or less seasons with us leave because they were shite.

In that respect it's gotta be Tevez, cos he was great and we all wanted Fergie to sign him (despite him later turning out to be an epic cnut).

DiMaria, Falcao, Veron may have been class players elsewhere, but they were a crock of shite for us

Full bodied red

How long was heinze with us?
Yeah....Loved the guy....Without the injury, I'm sure he would have gone on to be a United Legend....

I'd completely forgotten about Ian Storey-Moore - again, it was a bad injury and which he never recovered from....

How long were Arnold Muhren ( utter class ) and Jesper Olsen ( utterly frustrating ) with us ??

And I can't believe that in 10 years time we'll be listing Depay and Schneiderlin among the ' best '....

All-in-all, probably Tevez was the 'best' to leave us too soon....

pawanraj

Jon Obi Mikel? Kind of cheating - but he did sign for us and did not play ;)

Jaybomb

Tevez
Di Maria
Veron

Tevez was a success. Arguably the best loan signing in Premier League history?

Heinze also got POTY here and Rojo has been solid since joining... In all fairness, Romero has been great when he's played aswell.

foolsgold

Andy Goram played 45 minutes for United I think against Liverpool?

World class at his peak, but he was well past it. Strangest signing ever

sajeev

Tevez was poor in his second season because of all the drama. He had a poor touch like Rooney of recent years. Was back to form after leaving though

Siorac

Tevez must head everyone's list, no matter how much some fans hate him. 2 incredible years in which we won everything, opting to not sign him on a permanent deal after we won the CL and instead invest that money in Berbatov turned out to be a huge mistake.
Tévez wasn't that good for us. In his first season he scored important goals, in his second season both his productivity and his overall play declined quite significantly.

stevoc

Tevez
Di Maria
Veron

Most of them don't seem to like living in Northern England, i don't know if Veron was settled or wanted to leave but he just couldn't replicate his Italian form for United (or Chelsea).

Tevez did not enjoy living in Manchester which shows you how smart he is when he moved from Man Utd to Man City. Di Maria the same doubt he ever wanted to even join United. Heinze never really settled at United either and tried to leave a few times before going to Real.

So far the only Argies we've had that seem to have settled and haven't kicked up a fuss are Rojo and Romero.

stevoc

Tevez was poor in his second season because of all the drama. He had a poor touch like Rooney of recent years. Was back to form after leaving though
Tévez wasn't that good for us. In his first season he scored important goals, in his second season both his productivity and his overall play declined quite significantly.
Yep people seem to have selective memories of Tevez's time at United he was poor for most of his second season. Great one game then poor the next, despite that United met the fee agreed for him to join permanently but by that stage he had already had his head turned by City offering him double what we were.

Shez

I loved Forlan and never wanted us to sell him, but I think he was here for just over two years. Poborsky wasn't given enough of a chance imo but we had Beckham so it's understandable.

Aye - Good shout there. Brilliant player. My Swedish friend pitched in Blomqvist - even if it just for him losing his CL medal