Best post match interview with Mourinho

SER19

He’s generally been upbeat all week, press conference during game today even at 1-1 and post match. So have the players. The ‘toxic lost dressing room brigade’ must be crying their eyes out, such was the strength of their claims.

Roboc7

Better attitude, shame it has taken months and that he couldn’t pull himself together for start of season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
At least he didn't publically condemn an individual player this time around.

Thank god for small mercies, said Matic.

Walters_19_MuFc

What worries me is that he said we worked at how to handle Bournemouth interchanging and movement, yet, in the first half, it seemed as though we didnt prepare for it at all.

GM K

I don't know what he tells them and I don't know who is responsible. What I know is that for some goddamned reason, we start games with a low block then progressively push up as time goes or after we concede. It's killing us.
Jose seems actually frustrated with it too from the interview and for me, that's a massive relief. It shows that at least he sees it as a problem and will probably try to sort it out.

GM K

Great interview. It clearly the mindset of the players thats the problem. I don't think the manager is asking them to play defensively for first 30 mins.
Spot on. Anyone who has been listening to Jose's post match interviews lately will notice that he has been frustrated with and baffled by the poor starts. The problem doesn't seem to be tactics, judging by his comments. It's execution which relies on attitude. He needs to focus on improving the mentality of the lads.

red4ever 79

Good interview. Honest and reflective. However that being said, if the team continues to start games in this fashion then something is really wrong with the attitude of the players.

Willyswords

The journalist should ask him how he feels about his man Matic in such poor form and reason keeping him on the pitch.