Best prospect XI

SparkedIntoLife

This is a bit of frivolous speculation but which of our players aged 21 or younger would you class as having the best potential? Clearly rates of development are variable and some of the top regarded youngsters can flop like Morrison and some of those who go under the radar can end up as regular first teamers. It's also harder to assess the much younger players like Shola Shoretire etc as not many of us have seen a lot of them. However, it'd be nice to get a sense of what the current perceptions are, especially among people who watch the reserves and academy frequently (which I'm not so am going on limited info). Any realistic formation welcome.

4231 (some players moved to secondary positions to make it fit) -

GK: Dean Henderson
RB: Ethan Laird
LB: Diogo Dalot
CD: Axel Tuanzebe and Lee O'Connor
CM: Jimmy Garner and Aliou Traore
RW: Tahith Chong
LW: Marcus Rashford
AM: Angel Gomes
ST: Mason Greenwood

Is this fair or am I missing or overrating anyone? Do you currently believe all of these players have the potential to be regular first teamers (that aren't already, obviously)? Are there any players not currently first team regulars that you'd consider pretty much certain to become regulars?

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
RWB: Ethan Laird
LWB: Brandon Williams
CD: Axel Tuanzebe, Lee O'Connor, Teden Mengi
CM: Gomes
RAM: Greenwood
LAM: Anthony Elanga
AM: Angel Gomes
ST: Rashford

Mickson

Dean Henderson
Ethan Laird, Lukasz Bejger, Axel Tuanzebe, Brandon Williams
James Garner, Aliou Traore, Angel Gomes
Tahith Chong, Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford

KevinJoh

Henderson
Laird, Tuanzebe, O'Connor, Williams
Garner, Levitt, Traore
Gomes, Greenwoon, Chong

Rashford and Dalot out of projection as both are already first team players. Did not see much of Bejger and Mengi still, both look promising till now.
Subs: Bejger, Mengi, Elanga, Traore, Puigmal

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Henderson
Laird, Tuanzebe, O'Connor, Williams
Garner, Levitt, Traore
Gomes, Greenwoon, Chong

Rashford and Dalot out of projection as both are already first team players. Did not see much of Bejger and Mengi still, both look promising till now.
Subs: Bejger, Mengi, Elanga, Traore, Puigmal
Aliou Traore is good, but he's not that good ;)

In Rainbows

Henderson
Laird Tuanzebe O'Connor Williams
Gomes Garner Levitt
Chong Greenwood Rashford

sp_107

High hopes on Garner and Greenwood,

Who else you think can make it as a regular first teamer in next 2/3 years ?

Seems Chong and Gomes are fading away?

mattunited1978

doommonger
GK. Henderson

RB. Laird
LB. Dalot

CB. Tuenzebe
CB. Mengi

MF. Garner
MF. Traore
MF. Gomes

FW. Chong
FW. Rashford
FW. Greenwood

* O'conner is right there with the others anywhere across the back 4
* Puigmal ( playing RB this season ) and Levitt very good midfielders
* Really like the look of Elanga

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
GK: Henderson
RB: Laird
CB: Mengi
CB: Tuanzebe
LB: B.Williams
CM: Levitt
CM: Garner
AM: Gomes
RW: Chong
ST: Greenwood
LW: Rashford

I'd say these are our best prospects per position, although I've shoehorned Rashford in at LW. Notable mentions to those who didn't make my cut; Traore, Elanga, Fosu-Mensah and O'Connor, I quite like the look of Charlie McCann as well although he's still a bit under the radar at the moment. Devine, Shoretire, H.Neville and Bejger are meant to be highly rated although I've not seen much of them yet. From what I've seen of them so far Levitt is the better prospect than Traore and likewise Laird with Dalot (I don't think his long term future is LB either, he's definitely a RB).

I don't think anyone's a certainty for first team football, rarely anyone is. I'd say if they have the right attitude and keep churning out quality performances, realistically we could see at most 3/4 of them being consistently in and around the first team (starting 11 and bench), with 6/7 filling a squad role at some point before being moved on.

High hopes on Garner and Greenwood,

Who else you think can make it as a regular first teamer in next 2/3 years ?

Seems Chong and Gomes are fading away?
Gomes has been our best player this season and Chong is still very good, just needs to improve his decision making and tempo to his game as well as the obvious bulking up.

Scholsey2004

GK: Henderson
RB: Laird
CB: Mengi
CB: Tuanzebe
LB: B.Williams
CM: Levitt
CM: Garner
AM: Gomes
RW: Chong
ST: Greenwood
LW: Rashford

I'd say these are our best prospects per position, although I've shoehorned Rashford in at LW. Notable mentions to those who didn't make my cut; Traore, Elanga, Fosu-Mensah and O'Connor, I quite like the look of Charlie McCann as well although he's still a bit under the radar at the moment. Devine, Shoretire, H.Neville and Bejger are meant to be highly rated although I've not seen much of them yet. From what I've seen of them so far Levitt is the better prospect than Traore and likewise Laird with Dalot (I don't think his long term future is LB either, he's definitely a RB).

I don't think anyone's a certainty for first team football, rarely anyone is. I'd say if they have the right attitude and keep churning out quality performances, realistically we could see at most 3/4 of them being consistently in and around the first team (starting 11 and bench), with 6/7 filling a squad role at some point before being moved on.

Gomes has been our best player this season and Chong is still very good, just needs to improve his decision making and tempo to his game as well as the obvious bulking up.
Question marks over Gomes physical development. His talent is there for all to see but he's just not growing.

Scholsey2004

What do people think about demi Mitchell as back up for shaw? 22 now I realise but he's Lightning quick.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Darren Raekwon McIntosh-Buffonge
Late developer. Awesome name. I still have faith in that boy. Quote me on that :devil:

SpyLuke10

Greenwood is a phenom, Rooney/Mbappe level young player.

Garner will make it, next Michael Carrick as Ole said.

I'm not convinced Chong will make it at United. I sorta feel like he could end up as an Everton-level player

I think Gomes will make it and become a star someday but he'll take some time, like Jesse Lingard I wouldn't be surprised if Gomes didn't really start getting games till he was like 22/23 and didn't really become a starter till he was around 25. Physically he still needs to develop some more even if he isn't a very physical type of player.

Rashford and Dalot are already decently established for us and are 21 or under, they go straight into the line-up.

Also theres Tuanzebe who has it in him to be a very good defender for us, and thats pretty much it as far as I know for our younger prospects.

?

Dalot ? Tuanzebe ?

Garner

? Gomes

Chong Greenwood Rashford

I don't know a particular lot about United's reserves but this is what I know from what I've heard and know, pretty much at least. I've also heard a little about Laird and Traore but not enough to formulate an opinion therefore I've left certain spots blank in the team as question marks.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Darren Raekwon McIntosh-Buffonge
Late developer. Awesome name. I still have faith in that boy. Quote me on that :devil:
Well he's on trial with Bolton I think. So he's leaving next season.

spenzo

What do people think about demi Mitchell as back up for shaw? 22 now I realise but he's Lightning quick.
Personally I'd be all for it. Feel as though his chance may have passed but hopefully he goes on the summer tour and then we'll see what happens from there, I think the current coaching set up would give him a fair shot to prove himself.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Well he's on trial with Bolton I think. So he's leaving next season.
Thanks for the update. I did not know that. Shame, but probably the right move.