Best Striker in the World

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
This honestly might be the worst take I've ever seen in 8 years on this forum, particularly after you actually had the cheek to label the original post stupid.

No, Ronaldo and Nunez aren't really that close to Kane at present. He is proven over the last 7 or 8 seasons and is undoubtedly one of the very best CF's in the world at this point and has been for a while. Meanwhile Nunez is completely unproven in a top 5 league still and Ronaldo's all-round game these days is lacking to the extent he can't even get in the starting XI at United.

First of all - most players score most of their goals against the lesser teams, that's just how it is. This is hardly abnormal for most of Kane's goals to be against mid or lower-table PL teams. He still has 35 goals against other top 6 sides in the PL, his record in North London derbies (arguably their biggest game) is phenomenal, and even against the big teams he scores the least regularly against (both Manchester sides) he still averages 1 every 3.5 games against both which is hardly shabby.

England's record goalscorer easily including 10 in 16 in international comps, 20 in 24 in the CL for Spurs and well on his way to being the record goalscorer in PL history.

Oh and you mentioned Ronaldo outscoring him last season (by 1 goal FFS), what about the year before when Kane was both the top goalscorer AND had the most assists in the PL?

This obsession with trophies is also ridiculous, it's like people don't realize this is a team sport. Sure Ronaldo has won plenty and he's definitely evaluated the team at points (and nobody is arguing he is a greater player and will go down as one of the GOAT's when all is said and done), but he also played for fecking Real Madrid for most of his career, and a dominate Fergie-led United, and the most dominate team in Italy. Not Spurs. Moreover, what the feck has Nunez won?

You clearly have some sort of reasoning the prevents you from looking at Kane objectively, it is surely the only explanation for being so butthurt that you label somebody a Kane fanboy for saying he's clearly better than current Ronaldo and Nunez (a statement I think 95% of people on this forum would agree with), and surely the only explanation for being dumb enough to say Nunez is a better player.
Behave yourself. I called a post stupid, you are calling me dumb. One of those is not ok.

I don't have to like Harry fecking Kane. You don't have to namecall.

And yes, newsflash: trophies do matter. If he were half as good as you think he wouldn't be playing for a shit club that doesn't win anything.

I prefer Nunez over Kane because Nunez has a future, Kane is heading towards his sunset and he will most likely end his career having won nothing of importance.

This is my preference. You don't have to agree or force me to switch to your preference. Get over it

RoyH1

Benzema is the best when the chips are down. I prefer that kind of striker to stat padders. Give me a guy who will deliver when the pressure is at it's maximum point

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Behave yourself. I called a post stupid, you are calling me dumb. One of those is not ok.

I don't have to like Harry fecking Kane. You don't have to namecall.

And yes, newsflash: trophies do matter. If he were half as good as you think he wouldn't be playing for a shit club that doesn't win anything.

I prefer Nunez over Kane because Nunez has a future, Kane is heading towards his sunset and he will most likely end his career having won nothing of importance.

This is my preference. You don't have to agree or force me to switch to your preference. Get over it
I doubt you will find many people who agree with you but whatever floats your boat.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Haaland.

Lewandowski is past it.
A past it Lewandowski that bodybagged Haaland every single time they met.

And will probably end up with way more goals this season too.

Haaland was not even the 2nd top scorer in the Bundesliga the last 2 seasons BTW.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I doubt you will find many people who agree with you but whatever floats your boat.
Thank you for your concern. Not seeking majority approval on some forum.

Polar

Will be a hard fight between Haaland and Lew about the title “best striker” this season :)

They are probably pushing each other the same way as Ronaldo and Messi.

BarcaSpurs

Benzema will rightfully win the Ballon D'or but I think Lewandowski edges him out in quality right now.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
As of today, I'd say Lewa>Haaland>Benzema although the latter was the best striker out of the three last season.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You can't say Haaland is just yet. He's been behind Lewa and Benzema last season, and this season has only just started. Way to soon to be saying he's now bypassed them. You would have to say Benzema over the last year, which is probably the most suitable timeframe for judging the current best.

Polar

As of today, I'd say Lewa>Haaland>Benzema although the latter was the best striker out of the three last season.
Tend to agree, but we don’t know before we sum up after the season.

Lewa is probably on the same level as last season and Haaland has most likely stepped up, so I think it’s 50/50 who wins when we sum up in may.

Benzema has probably left the competition, but last season it was Benzema > Lew > Haaland

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Tend to agree, but we don’t know before we sum up after the season.

Lewa is probably on the same level as last season and Haaland has most likely stepped up, so I think it’s 50/50 who wins when we sum up in may.

Benzema has probably left the competition, but last season it was Benzema > Lew > Haaland
Has Haaland really stepped up ? He is playing for a better team with many excellent passers.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Benzema will rightfully win the Ballon D'or but I think Lewandowski edges him out in quality right now.
Benz had an insane season last term but RL has been doing it week in week out for years and he's still doing it. He's the best of this generation. I mean he's nearly into the 90s in CL goals and he's only played 107 games FFS.

Zen

Quality trip to Elevenerife from the Old Man Lewa today.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The old polish hero put the gauntlet down. He is definitely still king of the hill.

Polar

Has Haaland really stepped up ? He is playing for a better team with many excellent passers.
Surprised if a 22y generational talent doesn’t step up/develop after joining a better club; training with the best squad and best manager in the world.

Because it only seems like he have steeped up and I’m doing predictions (read: best striker this season), I can adjust and say: he will most likely step up this season :)

And that’s why I think it will be a hard fight between him and Lew. Lew is still going strong:eek:

troylocker

The king and the 2 crownprinces with incredible starts to their seasons:

- Lewa with a hattrick at home to Plzen to get his 8th goal in 434 minutes so far this season (54 minutes per goal)
- Mbappe with a brace at home to Juventus to get his 9th goal in 509 minutes so far this season (57 minutes per goal)
- Haaland with a brace away to Sevilla to get his 12th goal in 644 (including the CS) so far this season (54 minutes per goal), he's also had an assist.

All other strikers are miles behind already this season (Neymar has been a monster so far this season as well, but not in that position)

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
The king and the 2 crownprinces with incredible starts to their seasons:

- Lewa with a hattrick at home to Plzen to get his 8th goal in 434 minutes so far this season (54 minutes per goal)
- Mbappe with a brace at home to Juventus to get his 9th goal in 509 minutes so far this season (57 minutes per goal)
- Haaland with a brace away to Sevilla to get his 12th goal in 644 (including the CS) so far this season (54 minutes per goal), he's also had an assist.

All other strikers are miles behind already this season (Neymar has been a monster so far this season as well, but not in that position)
I don't count Neymar as a striker, personally.

troylocker

The king and the 2 crownprinces continues their incredible starts to the seasons (all numbers includes penalties):

- Lewa is now on 12 goals and 3 assists in 899 minutes so far this season for Barca and Poland (1,20 goals/90 and 1,50 goals+assists/90) (0/0 penalties)
- Mbappe is now on 12 goals and 0 assists in 978 minutes so far this season for PSG and France (1,10 goals/90 and 1,10 goals+assists/90) (0/1 penalties)
- Haaland is now on 18 goals and 3 assists in 1094 minutes so far this season for City and Norway (1,48 goals/90 and 1,73 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)

- Messi has stepped up his game a few notches this season as well.
He is now on 11 goals and 8 assists in 1186 minutes so far this season for PSG and Argentina (0,83 goals/90 and 1,44 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)
- Neymar is still on fire:
He is now on 12 goals and 10 assists in 1158 minutes so far this season for PSG and Brazil (0,93 goals/90 and 1,71 goals+assists/90) (4/4 penalties)

- Kane is having his 2nd best seasonstart ever (he had 7 goals in the first 8 league games in 20/21 too, but had a lot more assists then).
He is now on 8 goals and 1 assists in 1068 minutes so far this season for Spurs and England (0,67 goals/90 and 0,76 goals+assists/90) (2/3 penalties)
- Benzema has had some injuryproblems:
He is now on 4 goals and 1 assists in 570 minutes so far this season for Real Madrid and France (0,63 goals/90 and 0,79 goals+assists/90) (1/2 penalties)

- Ronaldo is just not up there anymore:
He is now on 1 goal and 1 assists in 558 minutes so far this season for Man United and Portugal (0,16 goals/90 and 0,32 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)

Last edited:

Idxomer

Haaland and Lewa this season with Kane behind them quite a bit.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The king and the 2 crownprinces continues their incredible starts to the seasons (all numbers includes penalties):

- Lewa is now on 12 goals and 3 assists in 899 minutes so far this season for Barca and Poland (1,20 goals/90 and 1,50 goals+assists/90) (0/0 penalties)
- Mbappe is now on 12 goals and 0 assists in 978 minutes so far this season for PSG and France (1,10 goals/90 and 1,10 goals+assists/90) (0/1 penalties)
- Haaland is now on 18 goals and 3 assists in 1094 minutes so far this season for City and Norway (1,48 goals/90 and 1,73 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)

- Messi has stepped up his game a few notches this season as well.
He is now on 11 goals and 8 assists in 1186 minutes so far this season for PSG and Argentina (0,83 goals/90 and 1,44 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)
- Neymar is still on fire:
He is now on 12 goals and 10 assists in 1158 minutes so far this season for PSG and Brazil (0,93 goals/90 and 1,71 goals+assists/90) (4/4 penalties)

- Kane is having his 2nd best seasonstart ever (he had 7 goals in the first 8 league games in 20/21 too, but had a lot more assists then).
He is now on 8 goals and 1 assists in 1068 minutes so far this season for Spurs and England (0,67 goals/90 and 0,76 goals+assists/90) (2/3 penalties)
- Benzema has had some injuryproblems:
He is now on 4 goals and 1 assists in 570 minutes so far this season for Real Madrid and France (0,63 goals/90 and 0,79 goals+assists/90) (1/2 penalties)

- Ronaldo is just not up there anymore:
He is now on 1 goal and 1 assists in 558 minutes so far this season for Man United and Portugal (0,16 goals/90 and 0,32 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)
Messi isn't a striker. He's an attacking midfielder now. At least for PSG.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Haaland and Lewa this season with Kane behind them quite a bit.
The days of Kane winning the golden boot are truly gone. Not only because haaland is in the league but because conte style of play won’t allow him to score as much as he would under a more attacking manager.

Red Star One

I'm not the biggest fan of including Neymar and Messi in these discussion, if we ask about the best striker and who would you choose to spearhead the attack, it's between Lewandowski, Haaland, Benzema and Mbappe - in the current form, I'd be torn between Lewy and Haaland, with the latter having better off the ball movement and the former being a better technical player. Both of them have seamlessly adapted to the new teams and seem to be on top of their game at the moment - tough call, but if I were to take just one of them for the one-off super important game next week, I'd go for Lewandowski.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
I love Lewy but it's gotta be Haaland right now. The guy is straight up bullying the toughest league in his debut season. He's like a Terminator cyborg.

troylocker

The days of Kane winning the golden boot are truly gone. Not only because haaland is in the league but because conte style of play won’t allow him to score as much as he would under a more attacking manager.
He's never scored more than 7 goals in the first 8 games of the season though. Even missed a pen. As boring as Conte-ball is to watch, Kane has only once in his career (his record 30 goals season) had a higher xG or npxG per 90 than so far this season, so it's hard to see how Conte has affected his goalsscoring output negatively.
The only reason Kane's golden boot days are over is because there's a better goalscorer in town.

troylocker

I'm not the biggest fan of including Neymar and Messi in these discussion, if we ask about the best striker and who would you choose to spearhead the attack, it's between Lewandowski, Haaland, Benzema and Mbappe - in the current form, I'd be torn between Lewy and Haaland, with the latter having better off the ball movement and the former being a better technical player. Both of them have seamlessly adapted to the new teams and seem to be on top of their game at the moment - tough call, but if I were to take just one of them for the one-off super important game next week, I'd go for Lewandowski.
I'll leave'em out in future lists. Only reason for having them there now is because of their outputs this season.

troylocker

I guess we're left with 5 players in the discussion for best striker in the world right now and the gap widens:

- Haaland is now on 20 goals and 3 assists in 1139 minutes so far this season for City and Norway (1,58 goals/90 and 1,82 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)
- Lewa is now on 12 goals and 3 assists in 989 minutes so far this season for Barca and Poland (1,09 goals/90 and 1,36 goals+assists/90) (0/0 penalties)
- Mbappe is now on 12 goals and 0 assists in 1068 minutes so far this season for PSG and France (1,01 goals/90 and 1,01 goals+assists/90) (0/1 penalties)
- Kane is now on 8 goals and 1 assists in 1158 minutes so far this season for Spurs and England (0,62 goals/90 and 0,70 goals+assists/90) (2/3 penalties)
- Benzema is now on 4 goals and 1 assists in 660 minutes so far this season for Real Madrid and France (0,55 goals/90 and 0,68 goals+assists/90) (1/2 penalties)

arthurka

Benzema last season was unplayable, but Lewa is the best with Haaland getting really close way to fast.

Remember the geese

I think that Haaland is the best in terms of pure goal scoring. However, he lacks technically and creatively compared to many of the top strikers over the past 20 years.

troylocker

So far in 2022 goalscoring for club and country:

Mappe - 39 goals (3 penalties) and 11 assists in 3197 minutes
82 minutes per goal and 89 minutes per non-penalty goal.
64 minutes per goalcontribution and 68 minutes per non-penalty goalcontribution

Haaland - 38 goals (7 penalties) and 7 assists in 2684 minutes
71 minutes per goal and 86 minutes per non-penalty goal.
60 minutes per goalcontribution and 71 minutes per non-penalty goalcontribution

Lewandowski - 34 goals (5 penalties) and 6 assists in 3265 minutes
96 minutes per goal and 113 minutes per non-penalty goal.
82 minutes per goalcontribution and 93 minutes per non-penalty goalcontribution

Benzema - 28 (9 penalties) goals and 7 assists in 2838 minutes
101 minutes per goal and 149 minutes per non-penalty goal.
81 minutes per goalcontribution and 109 minutes per non-penalty goalcontribution

Kane - 26 (7 penalties) goals and 9 assists in 3881 minutes
149 minutes per goal and 204 minutes per non-penalty goal.
111 minutes per goalcontribution and 139 minutes per non-penalty goalcontribution

Ronaldo - 13 (2 penalties) goals and 4 assists in 2581 minutes
199 minutes per goal and 235 minutes per non-penalty goal.
152 minutes per goalcontribution and 172 minutes per non-penalty goalcontribution

As good as Benzema was in the final KO stages of the CL last season, isn't it time we pass on the pin to the two youngsters on top of this list?

FattyFooty

Haaland.

He is another type of monster. Hes at the wrong club for us. Most likely very right club for him.

troylocker

Top 5 players in the discussion for best striker in the world right now:

- Haaland is now on 23 goals and 3 assists in 1399 minutes so far this season for City and Norway (1,48 goals/90 and 1,67 goals+assists/90) (2/2 penalties)
- Lewa is now on 17 goals and 4 assists in 1398 minutes so far this season for Barca and Poland (1,09 goals/90 and 1,35 goals+assists/90) (0/0 penalties)
- Mbappe is now on 15 goals and 2 assists in 1421 minutes so far this season for PSG and France (0,95 goals/90 and 1,08 goals+assists/90) (0/1 penalties)
- Kane is now on 12 goals and 2 assists in 1608 minutes so far this season for Spurs and England (0,67 goals/90 and 0,78 goals+assists/90) (4/6 penalties)
- Benzema is now on 6 goals and 1 assists in 928 minutes so far this season for Real Madrid and France (0,58 goals/90 and 0,68 goals+assists/90) (1/2 penalties)

Some other strikers doing ok:
- Vlahovic is now on 8 goals and 2 assists in 1377 minutes so far this season for Juventus and Serbia (0,52 goals/90 and 0,65 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)
- Osimhen is now on 5 goals and 1 assists in 640 minutes so far this season for Napoli (0,70 goals/90 and 0,84 goals+assists/90) (0/0 penalties)
- Toney is now on 8 goals and 3 assists in 1098 minutes so far this season for Brentford (0,66 goals/90 and 0,89 goals+assists/90) (3/3 penalties)
- Mitrovic is now on 13 goals and 0 assists in 1094 minutes so far this season for Fulham and Serbia (1,07 goals/90 and 1,07 goals+assists/90) (3/4 penalties)
- Yedder is now on 8 goals and 2 assists in 1057 minutes so far this season for Monaco (0,68 goals/90 and 0,85 goals+assists/90) (2/2 penalties)
- Nkunku is now on 11 goals and 1 assists in 1448 minutes so far this season for Leipzig and France (0,68 goals/90 and 0,72 goals+assists/90) (3/4 penalties)

Not many others worth mentioning right now actually.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Top 5 players in the discussion for best striker in the world right now:

- Haaland is now on 23 goals and 3 assists in 1399 minutes so far this season for City and Norway (1,48 goals/90 and 1,67 goals+assists/90) (2/2 penalties)
- Lewa is now on 17 goals and 4 assists in 1398 minutes so far this season for Barca and Poland (1,09 goals/90 and 1,35 goals+assists/90) (0/0 penalties)
- Mbappe is now on 15 goals and 2 assists in 1421 minutes so far this season for PSG and France (0,95 goals/90 and 1,08 goals+assists/90) (0/1 penalties)
- Kane is now on 12 goals and 2 assists in 1608 minutes so far this season for Spurs and England (0,67 goals/90 and 0,78 goals+assists/90) (4/6 penalties)
- Benzema is now on 6 goals and 1 assists in 928 minutes so far this season for Real Madrid and France (0,58 goals/90 and 0,68 goals+assists/90) (1/2 penalties)

Some other strikers doing ok:
- Vlahovic is now on 8 goals and 2 assists in 1377 minutes so far this season for Juventus and Serbia (0,52 goals/90 and 0,65 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)
- Osimhen is now on 5 goals and 1 assists in 640 minutes so far this season for Napoli (0,70 goals/90 and 0,84 goals+assists/90) (0/0 penalties)
- Toney is now on 8 goals and 3 assists in 1098 minutes so far this season for Brentford (0,66 goals/90 and 0,89 goals+assists/90) (3/3 penalties)
- Mitrovic is now on 13 goals and 0 assists in 1094 minutes so far this season for Fulham and Serbia (1,07 goals/90 and 1,07 goals+assists/90) (3/4 penalties)
- Yedder is now on 8 goals and 2 assists in 1057 minutes so far this season for Monaco (0,68 goals/90 and 0,85 goals+assists/90) (2/2 penalties)
- Nkunku is now on 11 goals and 1 assists in 1448 minutes so far this season for Leipzig and France (0,68 goals/90 and 0,72 goals+assists/90) (3/4 penalties)

Not many others worth mentioning right now actually.
Lautaro Martinez is worth a mention.

troylocker

Lautaro Martinez is worth a mention.
Absolutely:

Lautatu Martinez is now on 8 goals and 4 assists in 1304 minutes so far this season for Inter and Argentina (0,55 goals/90 and 0,83 goals+assists/90) (1/1 penalties)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Another candidate (but more for the future) is definitely Yossoufa Moukoko. Still 17 years old, 4 goals and 5 assists so far in 755min (0.48goals/90, 1.07 g+a/90).

If he gets the playing time and can just keep that level he would be right in the mix.