Best Striker in the World

Eddy_JukeZ

Lukaku doesn't belong on that list.

I'll go Lewandowski for now. It'll be Haaland soon.

Ronaldo has the capacity to be the best this season too. I honestly think he'll score 35+ if he stays fit.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I have no doubt that Lewandowski currently is still significantly better than Haaland. Haven't watched enough of Real recently to judge Benzema.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Has to be lewa.

Ronaldo is still a phenomenal player but as a true out and out 9, Lewa is slightly ahead.

Mad to think he nearly went to Stoke.

Blackwidow

Lewa and Haaland, it's a toss up between them.
No, it is not. Lewa is a complete striker whereas Haaland is too reliant on situations where he can use his speed. He might not be the ready product now and can improve in some areas - but we are talking about now and not about then.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Lewa
Haaland
Ronaldo
Benzema

Too hard to split the 4. Easy to cut out Kane and Lukaku

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Lewandowski is the ultimate goalscorer but Haaland is the better all rounder because he's such a physical specimen and Lewa is coming to the end.
I can accept people rating Haaland over Lewandowski (though it is still wrong in my opinion) but calling Haaland a better allrounder? :houllier: No way in hell

BalanceUnAutreJoint

The fact that the 2 strikers with the most freakish records play in the same league is no coincidence to me.

BL teams leak goals in a way Spanish and English teams just don't. Ask Werner or Jovic about it.

Utd77

Haaland
Mbappe
Ronaldo
Benzema
Lewandowski
Cavani
Kane.

Yes, thats right, Cavani over Kane.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The fact that the 2 strikers with the most freakish records play in the same league is no coincidence to me.

BL teams leak goals in a way Spanish and English teams just don't. Ask Werner or Jovic about it.
They are doing it in the CL as well.
Edit: and for their nation‘s sides

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Might be true, but these two were als top scorers in the last two CL seasons. That is the stage were you have to prove yourself to be considered best in the world for me, and they are doing it.

I can accept people rating Haaland over Lewandowski (though it is still wrong in my opinion) but calling Haaland a better allrounder? :houllier: No way in hell
Yes. Each season Haaland is getting better at general striker play, passes, chances created, involvements in goals and the way he bullies opponents. I'd say he's slightly ahead now, with Sancho gone he's doing a lot more work and it shows in that he's already half way to last sason's asists total. When i watch Lewa play i see a player conserving his legs for the moments that matter. Nothing wrong with it, but you can't compare it with a 21 year old who is making significant strides every season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's Lewandowski and i don't understand how anyone could think differently

He's a level above everyone else. He's now what Cristiano was in 2017

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's Lewandowski and i don't understand how anyone could think differently

He's a level above everyone else. He's now what Cristiano was in 2017
This

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I have no doubt that Lewandowski currently is still significantly better than Haaland. Haven't watched enough of Real recently to judge Benzema.
I'm not so sure, to be honest. Haaland is a monster. He'll take the crown within 2 seasons at the latest I think.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Lewandoski
Ronaldo
Benzema
Lukaku/Kane interchanging depending on form for the 4th and 5th spot.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yes. Each season Haaland is getting better at general striker play, passes, chances created, involvements in goals and the way he bullies opponents. I'd say he's slightly ahead now, with Sancho gone he's doing a lot more work and it shows in that he's already half way to last sason's asists total. When i watch Lewa play i see a player conserving his legs for the moments that matter. Nothing wrong with it, but you can't compare it with a 21 year old who is making significant strides every season.
Lewy can play as a 10, Haaland can't, so for me there is no discussion about the better allrounder.

Nonetheless it is true that Haaland is improving his involvement. The increased number of assists shows this, but I think that is also due to Dortmunds changed formation. 442 instead of 4231 means that he is not so much alone up front but can often lay off the ball to someone else.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Lewandoski
Ronaldo
Benzema
Lukaku/Kane interchanging depending on form for the 4th and 5th spot.
Benzema is a great player, but I would have Kane, Mbappe and Haaland over him certainly, and possibly even Lukaku as well, though that might be a little bit influenced by recent form.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm not so sure, to be honest. Haaland is a monster. He'll take the crown within 2 seasons at the latest I think.
When he gets the chance to rely on his athleticism he can bully defenders and score goals like (almost) no other. But Lewandowski is the better all around player, especially in the air and while it's not necessarily night and day I also feel like Lewandowski is the better big game player still.
Having said that Lewandowski is on the wrong side of 30 and Haaland seems to be constantly improving on his weaknesses, so chances are he will overtake him n the next couple of years. Rose's diamond setup forces Haaland to be more involved in Dortmund's play and in very compressed spaces at that, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a significant development in Haaland's link up play.

Rojofiam

Tier S+
-Lewandowski

Tier S
-Haaland, Ronaldo, Kane

-Tier A
Lukaku, Benzema

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Tier S+
-Lewandowski

Tier S
-Haaland, Ronaldo, Kane

-Tier A
Lukaku, Benzema
Benzema is an interesting one. If I was putting a team together right now, leaving aside age and longevity and all, I don't think I'd pick anyone other than Lewandowski over him. He is a complete footballer and has again started the season brilliantly.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Haaland, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Lukaku, Kane.

Haaland is an absolute beast and is only 21 years old, yet shows strength, balance and poise of a veteran. For me I would currently have him over any other striker right now.

Lukaku deserves a mention, his goalscoring form for club and country has been extremely impressive.

Mailo

Yeah but no longer as well.
I disagree. He's faster, better jumper, equal heading prowess, better with his feet, maybe slight edge to Lewandowski in terms of pure finishing, and that's it. Put Ronaldo in their team last season and he betters the goal tally of Lewandowski.