Best team in PL history my a*se

Irrational.

Ended the season with two tin pot cups after 0-0 draws :lol:

Really puts into perspective the achievements in 1999 and even 2008. Both better seasons than “QuadrupLOL”.

:lol:

cyberman

Where is the Arsenal fan claiming this Liverpool season was better than 99?

Inter Yer Nan

They jumped the gun. This team are essentially a great runner-up. They aren’t as good as City hence City’s 4-1 league count and Madrid, despite not being what they were, beat them in two finals and eliminated them last year. At least win back to back leagues, a league/champions league double and then come back and talk. Until then, they are simply one of several good teams to have won a trophy or two.

Hughie77

Wheres the dippers on here now. Fecking crying in there scouse.

OldSchoolManc

Mcmanamanamam still trying to claim they are the best team in the universe this season?!?

cyberman

They jumped the gun. This team are essentially a great runner-up. They aren’t as good as City hence City’s 4-1 league count and Madrid, despite not being what they were, beat them in two finals and eliminated them last year. At least win back to back leagues, a league/champions league double and then come back and talk. Until then, they are simply one of several good teams to have won a trophy or two.
I’ve said this for a few seasons, they’re a team content with coming a close second

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Win the league and CL in the same season if you want to be in the conversation. That's it. There's only 2, United 99 and United 08. The rest are in a lower tier.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Win the league and CL in the same season if you want to be in the conversation. That's it. There's only 2, United 99 and United 08. The rest are in a lower tier.
This is false. I would actually rate United of 2000 as a better side than 1999 (with worse luck in the CL). Or 2008 as better than 1999.

It's possible to use more than trophy count to rate sides, unless you're in the dregs of football conversation (bantz for lack of a better word)

RORY65

A third of a treble, pretty impressive. Right up there with Mourinho's last year at Chelsea the first time round, one of the all-time great sides.

Oranges038

Rio is right.

They are an exciting team. But haven't won enough to be a great team.

AndySmith1990

Yeah I know they are our bitter rivals and it's fun to laugh at them, but they are an incredible team and were two games away from winning the lot. I'm glad they lost tonight, but let's not pretend they aren't a great team.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Not a quadruple, but a FA Cup + a tinfoil cup that nobody knows outside England/FIFA players (not the Double: PL/UCL)

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Well, a couple of weeks ago I felt for sure they were gonna do the quad. Now I’m as chuffed as a puff with two bums that they didn’t. Sure I’d rather be cheering United victories but when that option isn’t available then laughing at the scousers is the next best thing. Fair play to em they almost got it. But not quite.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is false. I would actually rate United of 2000 as a better side than 1999 (with worse luck in the CL). Or 2008 as better than 1999.

It's possible to use more than trophy count to rate sides, unless you're in the dregs of football conversation (bantz for lack of a better word)
Meh. You need the tangible rewards at the end of the day. Fair enough for some smaller cups, but the league and the CL are the ultimate high pressure situations. Greatness isn't defined by who got the most points, but who did the "greatest achievement". And the greatest prem sides, without a doubt or a single question in my mind, are United 1999 and 08. Because they are the only 2 who managed to do the toughest task in football.

steffyr2

They have the same problem as United used to have* -- win at home but can't win in Europe. Wonder if Bale or Ronaldo could explain why RM keeps winning?
*now United has problems winning anywhere

redshaw

They seemed to peak around the time they bounced Bayern out the CL that year they won. You could say then they were a top team. They haven't held onto it for long despite a lot of puff from the players and media.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Meh. You need the tangible rewards at the end of the day. Fair enough for some smaller cups, but the league and the CL are the ultimate high pressure situations. Greatness isn't defined by who got the most points, but who did the "greatest achievement". And the greatest prem sides, without a doubt or a single question in my mind, are United 1999 and 08. Because they are the only 2 who managed to do the toughest task in football.
Not true. See Leicester's league win. Get what you're saying but it's more nuanced than that.

Real Name

Anyone having a video of Rio putting Owen down?

Just a mickey mouse double in the end. :lol:

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Today cements Liverpool 2017-2022 as a more or less dead equal team to Bayern 2010-2014. 3 finals each within 5 years. 2 silvermedals, 1 gold. Robben & Ribéry = Mane & Salah.

Liverpool
2022 - Finalist
2021 - QF
2020 - R16
2019 - Winners
2018 - Finalist

Bayern
2014 - Semi
2013 - Winners
2012 - Finalist
2011 - R16
2010 - Finalist

Incredible teams that I have a really tough time to separate. Perhaps TAA and some of the younger ones will go on to win again in 2026 7 years on from their win like Bayern did in 2020 but by then Salah, Mane and so on will be gone.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Said it before in the Klopp thread a couple of weeks ago but they were on the edge of an impossible amazing achievement or a disappointing one. They didn’t fail to deliver. :drool:

tjb

This gives us time to get the club set up with enough quality to get back to where we need to be. We can't keep hoping for Liverpool and City to not do well. We have to be the one proactively challenging again

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Well they did beat City in the Fa cup and also Inter so do not fully agree.

The path is not much easier than other teams path.

In CL it is due to Ajax and Bayern failing to win games over Benfica and Villareal.
Hence why the tweet says league.

The cup yes… against no Ederson, Dias, Laporte, Walker, Rodri, KdB, Mahrez

Holocene

Well they did beat City in the Fa cup and also Inter so do not fully agree.

The path is not much easier than other teams path.

In CL it is due to Ajax and Bayern failing to win games over Benfica and Villareal.
Doesn't change that its one of the easiest routes to the final you'll ever see.