Best team in PL history my a*se

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Jesus christ, can't even rejoice in the miseries of a rival club without fecking wankers coming in with their wete shite, embarrassing bullocks.

feck off.
Echoes this sentiment, wholeheartedly

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jesus christ, can't even rejoice in the miseries of a rival club without fecking wankers coming in with their wete shite, embarrassing bullocks.

feck off.
Nailed it :lol:

Hughie77

This is false. I would actually rate United of 2000 as a better side than 1999 (with worse luck in the CL). Or 2008 as better than 1999.

It's possible to use more than trophy count to rate sides, unless you're in the dregs of football conversation (bantz for lack of a better word)
2008 side were the dogs, but for a cock up against pompy in FA Cup there was another treble on. But the boys in 99 who for me never gave in in any game all season. And they are the ones who did it.

Smithy89

Their title winning side ain't even close, if you haven't defended it or went unbeaten you are not even top 5.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah I know they are our bitter rivals and it's fun to laugh at them, but they are an incredible team and were two games away from winning the lot. I'm glad they lost tonight, but let's not pretend they aren't a great team.
They are strong team, not great team. For being great you must win stuff. Pretty simple. "Almost" doesn't count in sports.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
They are one of the best teams in the world, gave us a 9-0 aggregate spanking and had a far better season than us. But you have to laugh at the hype they've given this side all season long versus what they've actually ended up when all's said and done. Hilarious they're having to do an open top bus with two trophies they'd happily swap for either one they missed out on.

They've given it the big un all season about how fecking great they are, they've ended up with a decidedly un-great season all-told. feck them :lol:

IWat

So? It doesn't count how many points you win by as long as you win. How many times did we win the league in April not needing to push all the way?
I was replying to a post implying they're on the slide. The number of fans who clung on to our 2nd place with a dismal points total, completely hypocritical. Let's not kid ourselves, we'd be giving our left nut to be finishing the league with 90+, winning a couple of cups and going to deep into the CL and for that to be ultimately a disappointing season.

RVN1991

Yeah I know they are our bitter rivals and it's fun to laugh at them, but they are an incredible team and were two games away from winning the lot. I'm glad they lost tonight, but let's not pretend they aren't a great team.
Good team. Not great though.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
I still think Klopp's Liverpool are a great all time side. 3 times they've managed to get more points than Fergie or Wenger or anyone bar Pep/Mourinho have ever got in a PL season. They're unlucky enough to be sharing an era with the best team in English history. 3 CL finals they've got to and they won 1. They were unlucky to a degree in 2 of those finals with Salah being taken out by a professional foul with no sending off while their keeper had a mare and dominating the possession last night against a parked bus. Without the oil doped Man City with an ATG Manager they'd have 3 out of 4 titles with 3 record points totals.

I do appreciate they're your rival and they technically haven't won the big 2 comps they're in by a hair width but objectively they're playing at a very high level. Their football is incredibly efficient if it isn't necessarily always great to watch.

Having said all that they are cheats with their TUE doping.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Of course they aren't in the absolute elite PL teams. They've won it once ffs.
This is the cringey opinion of someone who believes football was born in 1992. They're one title behind United's haul of 20 and if they get to 21 before you, real United fans will hurt.

Moby

Dick
This is the cringey opinion of someone who believes football was born in 1992. They're one title behind United's haul of 20 and if they get to 21 before you, real United fans will hurt.
Sure but the post you quoted was referencing the current Liverpool team under Klopp, not the entire history of Liverpool football club. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The United 'fans' getting salty over Liverpool being bantered, are proper mugs.
Yep, can only imagine they're internet fans who don't understand football tribalism at all.

When you're not a very good team, seeing a rival fail is wonderful.
Obviously you'd prefer to be the team competing for the prizes, but you can't always be. Simple as that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely you get that he was meaning this version of the Liverpool team.

The media and many fans were declaring them the best "ever" Premier league team, even though they're not even the best "current" team.

Flexdegea

Complete tossers, must be trolling having to come on to remind us we are shit which we already knew, to then defend liverpool honour,
.....dare say pretend United men

Flexdegea

I still think Klopp's Liverpool are a great all time side. 3 times they've managed to get more points than Fergie or Wenger or anyone bar Pep/Mourinho have ever got in a PL season. They're unlucky enough to be sharing an era with the best team in English history. 3 CL finals they've got to and they won 1. They were unlucky to a degree in 2 of those finals with Salah being taken out by a professional foul with no sending off while their keeper had a mare and dominating the possession last night against a parked bus. Without the oil doped Man City with an ATG Manager they'd have 3 out of 4 titles with 3 record points totals.

I do appreciate they're your rival and they technically haven't won the big 2 comps they're in by a hair width but objectively they're playing at a very high level. Their football is incredibly efficient if it isn't necessarily always great to watch.

Having said all that they are cheats with their TUE doping.

You are really dense when it comes to this :lol:

Sorry to break it too ya but we would be on 3 more titles too if this bit didn't exist. Think before you write.

trolldar is dinging mad

avgp_1

So? It doesn't count how many points you win by as long as you win. How many times did we win the league in April not needing to push all the way?
Pretty much, doesnt matter how many points they got if they didnt end up winning, it means someone also got there and bettered them. Says as much about the standard of the league

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
You are really dense when it comes to this :lol:

Sorry to break it too ya but we would be on 3 more titles too if this bit didn't exist. Think before you write.

trolldar is dinging mad
I'm focusing on Liverpool's achievements here. United's potential achievements are therefore irrelevant to the discussion. So in actual fact who is really the dense one given you completely missunderstood the basic premise of the discussion?

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
They got 92 points in the league, more than we've ever got in the time the league has been 38 games.
Won 2 cups, granted on pens and the two shittest, but still.
Tonight was fecking hilarious, but let's not kid ourselves.
Winning most points doesn't mean anything. If it was a norm during those days and we missed out. It would be normal. I can bet my life, if this Liverpool side and 2008 United were in the running for say 5 PL seasons. We would have won more PL than them.

clarkydaz

Owen thinks they are still the team to beat? Add that to his collection of quotes

They were beaten. By not one, but two other teams

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Aye it’s weird. Of course we’d rather United were an elite team at this moment, but we’re not. Unashamedly Pool bottling it like that, after the hype all season has been the highlight for me of this season, by an absolute mile :lol: :drool:

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Winning most points doesn't mean anything. If it was a norm during those days and we missed out. It would be normal. I can bet my life, if this Liverpool side and 2008 United were in the running for say 5 PL seasons. We would have won more PL than them.
You probably had more talented individuals but I can't see your 2008 4-4-2 formation being as successful in modern football if that team time travelled to today because the midfield would get overrun. Their tactics and formation would have to adapt at least to be competitive with the best sides.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Find it irritating the lack of respect Fergie’s two CL winning sides generally get. The media and punditry constantly on the look-out to hype anyone but them as potentially the greatest, despite their stand-out achievements - only English sides to win the CL and PL in the same season, only English sides to win a hat-trick of league titles consecutively (although I expect City to achieve this next season). And of course the actual Treble.