Best title chance post Fergie

SER19

Hear me out, before we address the obvious problem of looking more like losing to Wigan than winning 5 games in a row.

But set aside united, I said before the season started and think even more now, that we will see a winner without the points hauls of recent years.

The season is so unusual for obvious reasons. Add fatigue and now key injuries to Liverpool and City. Nobody looks capable of running away with it and as disastrous as the start has been we've only lost 2 games. We've added some depth and showed glimpses yesterday of the post lockdown form.

Of course the question is can we capitalise on such unusual circumstances and dig deep and stay in contention? Do we get poch in and try benefit from a new manager bounce?

If you're considering outside chance for Everton, spurs Chelsea or arsenal, you have to consider us too.

Anybody feeling ambitious?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If we win our games against Chelsea and Arsenal its ON. :p ;)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Hear me out, before we address the obvious problem of looking more like losing to Wigan than winning 5 games in a row.

But set aside united, I said before the season started and think even more now, that we will see a winner without the points hauls of recent years.

The season is so unusual for obvious reasons. Add fatigue and now key injuries to Liverpool and City. Nobody looks capable of running away with it and as disastrous as the start has been we've only lost 2 games. We've added some depth and showed glimpses yesterday of the post lockdown form.

Of course the question is can we capitalise on such unusual circumstances and dig deep and stay in contention? Do we get poch in and try benefit from a new manager bounce?

If you're considering outside chance for Everton, spurs Chelsea or arsenal, you have to consider us too.

Anybody feeling ambitious?
In LvG’s famous words: we go for it!

PoTMS

This season is definitely anyone's league. Any one of the top 8 could win it. Just a shame we didn't strengthen further this season. That plus our coaching deficiencies mean we won't end up winning it.

Pagh Wraith

City are big favourites now after van Dijk's injury. They'll be at full fitness soon enough and no other team is close to them in quality.

Oo0AahCantona

if we are close to the top in January and we manage to get a astute signing in, based on everything we've seen so far its city's to lose, but it certainly seems up for grabs this year.

el3mel

It's going to be a long ride that's what I know. This season is crazy.

SER19

This season is definitely anyone's league. Any one of the top 8 could win it. Just a shame we didn't strengthen further this season. That plus our coaching deficiencies mean we won't end up winning it.
100% agree re strengthening. I think most fans felt that in summer. Add a centre half and sancho for example, and we'd have serious depth and quality

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'd be optimistic if we had our front three (MMM) available. But 2 of them are out for the next few games, so not so optimistic.

Hopefully Mata and James can keep the good form.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This forum is strange, a relegation thread and a title winning thread.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This collective forum has bipolar.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The year Leicester won it was the best chance, they were fully deserving don't get me wrong but don't forget the 2nd best side that year actually finished 3rd :lol:

Not for the first time our board have stopped any chance we had

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
From 'can we be relegated' last night to 'best title chance since Fergie' today. The caf has to be the most bipolar place on earth.

Castia

I said earlier if only we got Sancho and possibly a CB we would have had an outside chance. Everybody is dropping points.

SER19

This forum is strange, a relegation thread and a title winning thread.
I started the thread and don't want people to get carried away. I'm just saying that winning the league, and ole lifting the trophy in front of a packed old Trafford as fans return to the stadium and a vaccine is rolled out world wide and people start to forget Donald trump existed... Is a possibility

reddevilchennai

Fergie with the current squad could win it easily in these kind of situations. Our squad has is good enough for Top 3 and with a good manager we can go and win the title. Wish we had a better manager at the moment.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I started the thread and don't want people to get carried away. I'm just saying that winning the league, and ole lifting the trophy in front of a packed old Trafford as fans return to the stadium and a vaccine is rolled out world wide and people start to forget Donald trump existed... Is a possibility
Does brexit also get reversed?!

Falcow

We have an outside chance. Bookies have us at 30 to 1 which is incredible value. We are better than city minus KDB that's for sure.

If Cavani can score goals for us then I think we will be in with a shout. I said it in the predictions thread that pool are a VVD injury away from battling for top 4.

MikeOnTheRadio

Both covid-19 and the crazy schedule we're experiencing have had a tremendous impact on basically every top team. Teams like Everton (and Villa?) have an advantage this time around because they didn't really have that many fatigue build-up last season and they're not playing any European competitions this season. Thankfully Spurs got into the Europa League, because if they didn't I think they'd be the favorites to win the title.

Regarding us, we need to keep in mind that, at least lately, we tend to perform not that well at the beginning of the season and then slowly improve over time. Hell, if we win our game in hand, we'd be above both Chelsea and Spurs in the table with the same amount of matches played.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think VVD out will affect Liverpool as much as people think, he's been pretty poor all year especially post lockdown. If they lost Alison for a significant period however then they would be in huge trouble.

el3mel

One thing that's pretty clear is lack of fans make playing home/away hardly an advantage and irrelevant in grand scheme. Local fans were the main reason playing away is always tough, not anymore. This is wide open and you play anywhere without much pressure from fans on players.

bondsname

It's been a wacky season with freak results but I think it will revert back to normal with time passing, eventually City winning it or Liverpool. I wouldn't bet on anyone reaching 100+ points though, and the gaps from the 1st place to the 4th will be closer than last season.

Loon

:lol:
United are gonna have to make me believe; we are too inconsistent. Big loss for the dippers, but not enough to prevent them having a great chance of retaining the title. City will be encouraged mind you.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I reckon 75-80 points could be enough to win the league this season and there’s maybe 6/7 teams that could challenge for that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd be optimistic if we had our front three (MMM) available. But 2 of them are out for the next few games, so not so optimistic.

Hopefully Mata and James can keep the good form.
We don't know how long Greenwood's out for, he was in training today.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I would say yes if you guys can find consistency. I don't see any team finishing about 85 points, if you get somewhere from 80-85 you'll be in the mix. Atm its whoever can find a consistent run.

SER19

How about a back to back top 4 finish first. Don't hate the optimism though.
You're right. This is a much more realistic goal. I suppose overall I'm worried an unexpected winner will capitalise on a crazy season and for reasons known only to Ed Woodward we will be left wondering what might have been had we shown a killer instinct in summer.

Saying that, if we're even with a sniff of near the top we should be looking for a Brunoesque addition in January