Gaming Best video game intros

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

This was mind blowing at the time. Just felt so big, like nothing that had come before it.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
obviously been superseded in terms of quality but this intro made a big impression on me when I played it. Seemed so dark in comparison to other things out at the time

The Firestarter

This was mind blowing at the time. Just felt so big, like nothing that had come before it.
Hundred times this. Still remember it every time I ride the inter terminal shuttles in Munich Airport . Very similar.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Before Red Dead Redemption, there was Outlaws. And it was better (for it’s time)

Jev

The Last of Us 1 is the one that comes to mind. Perfect, tight way.to introduce the concept and characters while upping the stakes.

Stemmy

I remember starting this game with an onboard graphics card at the time being impressed then and I was saving for a Voodoo 2. Restarted the game when I got the card and this part blew my mind. You're right though Half Life felt a bit like a big step up from anything else when it came out.

Bosws87

How have you got a thread like this without the greatest game of all time!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Far Cry 4

Because if you do what he says you beat the game in 5 minutes

Bosws87

When you consider this was a Playstation 3 title its so impressive this game technically was so ahead of its time, i loved it.