Gaming Best video game intros

Suv666

The opening to Death Stranding was great too. Just being stranded in the wilderness and meeting Fragile and making your way to that place you need to get to.

Of course @esmufc07 wouldn't know much about it...
Ngl I couldn't finish Death Stranding. I was like 6-7 hours in and it was boring the shit of out of me.

Siorac

Does the Old Republic "Return" video count as an intro? It was originally a cinematic trailer but it's also the first thing that plays when you start the game the first time. It's some brilliant Star Wars content.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ngl I couldn't finish Death Stranding. I was like 6-7 hours in and it was boring the shit of out of me.
:lol:
Btw, I love DS.
Seriously boring once you've completed the main story though. Delivering pizza's,jeez.:lol:
Also have zero interest in building structures.

No Love

People have already mentioned some of my favorites, MGS2 and the Original Last Of US both being great. I'd add the opening Final Fantasy X. I always loved that when I was younger.

This is the one I came in to post. I remember getting a demo disc with a Playstation magazine when I was a youngster, and this very intro was on it. Played it repeatedly and couldn’t get enough of it. That track, Otherworld, still gets a rise out of me in the gym when it comes on.

Hm, might be time to revisit FFX... :lol:

stu_1992

This is the one I came in to post. I remember getting a demo disc with a Playstation magazine when I was a youngster, and this very intro was on it. Played it repeatedly and couldn’t get enough of it. That track, Otherworld, still gets a rise out of me in the gym when it comes on.

Hm, might be time to revisit FFX... :lol:
Go for it, I'm playing the remake of FFVII atm but I've already decided I'm going to replay FFX afterwards. I have the remastered version on my PS4 already but never delved too far into. So I haven't played it in full since PS2 days.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It's obviously LoK: Soul Reaver, you heathens.
The monologue
the fall
the fecking music

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I feel the Witcher 2 intro is a bit out of place here, because it wasn't included in the original release of the game but added only with the enhanced edition patch. Consequently, I never watched it as part of starting a new game. Maybe it's only me.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Has to be The Last of Us for me. That intro was such a kick in balls I couldn't believe I was playing a video game!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It says a lot about the quality of TLOU's opening that I had a lump in my throat because of the fate of a character you meet 5 minutes ago.

That or I'm a soft shite.

Chairman Steve

Half Life 1’s opening train sequence.

It was visually amazing at the time and establishes Black Mesa as a vast labyrinth you want to explore, seeing people working away in offices, rockets, helicopters...as you go deeper and deeper into where you eventually end up, and just how far you have to go to get back out of there