Physiocrat

Has No Mates
The options I can think of are-

Coin toss
Average Pick Time
Best Goalkeeper
Penalties
A neutral/neutral committee with a casting vote

Can anyone think of any other plausible ways of doing it? And which do they think is best?

Edit - GSTQ's idea

I have an idea to eliminate future draws.

After the drafting is finished, a committee of neutrals ranks the drafted teams in order of the quality of each team and gives points to each (1 to 16). Only to be revealed when draws are settled.

In the case of a draw, we add up the ranks of all the opponents (including the current round that ended in a draw) that each team faced.

The total would give you an idea of the quality of opponents each team faced en route and whoever faced the better quality of teams wins the game.

Since the draws are luck based, the team that faced tougher opponents should be a little more deserving.

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
The winner of the last draft settles draws?

Some sort of a reward for winning the draft :D

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Penalities

None of the drama. Just list both managers choices and winner all in one post.

Also penalties should be submitted as part of write-up to avoid delays (but obviously won't be added to OP) and won't be applied unless there is a draw.

Enigma_87

You know who
Either pick time or best goalkeeper. That peno stuff is really boring.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Some arcane formula involving Pee Wee Herman, coffee prices in Japan and the French Revolution that only @Ecstatic can decipher

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
The average pick time idea really did seem to speed things up in previous drafts. It's only really this one where it's went to shite, partly due to some people never updating the list and presumably also due to them losing motivation if they realise their pick times are shite. I'm excluding purists like @Šjor Bepo from this criticism, as his pick times are probably among the best but he's always been violently opposed to calculating them :D

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Boring as against comparing pick times. Seriously?

Th only negative against penos was time we took to dramatize the process. If not for that and made efficient, then it'll be the closest to a actual football game and not any more interesting/boring than coin flip or pick times .
@bleezy @Marty1968

Send me your choices

Striker

Keeper

E.g. if striker is left, and keeper is right, penalty is saved
@Marty1968

Striker - Keeper (result)
  1. Centre - Right (goal)
  2. Left - Centre (goal)
  3. Left - Right (saved!)
  4. Centre - Left (goal)
  5. Right - Centre (goal)
@bleezy

Striker - Keeper (result)
  1. Centre - Left (goal)
  2. Centre - Left (goal)
  3. Left - Left (goal)
  4. Left - Left (goal)
  5. Right - Left (saved!)
4-4 Sudden death!

Send me 5 more
Make it more exciting @green_smiley . Want to pass it on to me?
Skizzo said:
Oh and @Aldo if you could add a bit more presentation than @green_smiley penalty shootouts that would be great thanks.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I like penalties, although tbf I only witnessed one of them during my time here. It was when @Pat_Mustard spectacularly build up tension during shoot-out only to fall asleep in the middle of it as he was too drunk to proceed.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sheep-draft-q-f-enigma-trv-vs-edgar.443887/page-4#post-23480294

Aside from that amusing sequel, I like the fact that in case of penalties the manager still can influence the result by making his own decisions.

Avarage pick time is also fine as it is somewhat a reward for speeding things up.

Maybe a poll to decide it?

GodShaveTheQueen

I have an idea to eliminate future draws.

After the drafting is finished, a committee of neutrals ranks the drafted teams in order of the quality of each team and gives points to each (1 to 16). Only to be revealed when draws are settled.

In the case of a draw, we add up the ranks of all the opponents (including the current round that ended in a draw) that each team faced.

The total would give you an idea of the quality of opponents each team faced en route and whoever faced the better quality of teams wins the game.

Since the draws are luck based, the team that faced tougher opponents should be a little more deserving.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I like penalties, although tbf I only witnessed one of them during my time here. It was when @Pat_Mustard spectacularly build up tension during shoot-out only to fall asleep in the middle of it as he was too drunk to proceed.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sheep-draft-q-f-enigma-trv-vs-edgar.443887/page-4#post-23480294

Aside from that amusing sequel, I like the fact that in case of penalties the manager still can influence the result by making his own decisions.

Avarage pick time is also fine as it is somewhat a reward for speeding things up.

Maybe a poll to decide it?
:lol::lol: That was a particularly unsettling hangover when I first woke up, as I knew something wasn't quite right but just couldn't put my finger on what it was.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The draws rarely happen, let's not make it too complicated and just stick to pick times/coin toss/best goal keeper.

The league draft shows that the neutrals deciding isn't the way to go either with some of the results that have been decided, unless there is bigger pool say 5-6 neutrals then maybe.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Probably not to keep things simple.
How about just re-ranking them after reinforcements?

So for the Quarters -

1st - 16 points
2nd - 14 points
3rd - 12 points etc

Semis -

1st - 16 points
2nd - 12 points
3rd - 8 points
4th - 4 points

Final -

1st - 16 points
2nd - 8 points

Then add all these to the original ranking scores.

GodShaveTheQueen

How about just re-ranking them after reinforcements?

So for the Quarters -

1st - 16 points
2nd - 14 points
3rd - 12 points etc

Semis -

1st - 16 points
2nd - 12 points
3rd - 8 points
4th - 4 points

Final -

1st - 16 points
2nd - 8 points

Then add all these to the original ranking scores.
Well, if the committee is arsed enough to rank after every round, we can :lol:

Indnyc

Best goalkeeper.. Easy and gives incentive to pick a good goalkeeper