Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

Kinky Melinky

I did a search on the Caf and there didn't seem to be anything related to this spinoff in a stand alone thread, but more so linked to the now departed Breaking Bad.

Apologies if this has it's own thread. Mods, please feel free to re-direct.

I was thinking about this spinoff all feckin night. In fact it kept me awake wondering how they are going to angle it. One thing that kept creeping into my mind was whether Walter White would do a sort of cameo appearance in some innocent scene, in say a shopping mall. Even if he was standing in line waiting to pay at the checkout, I think it would make for some effective humor.

Does anybody know where this show is supposed to be based? I'm assuming it's the same town where Saul set up shop in BB

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"I woke up, I found her, that's all I know".

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I hope Huell is in it :D

Odenkirk makes pretty much anything great, so it will be worth a watch. I always wondered how much of his lines in BB were ad-libbed, or where he was at least given the freedom to make the dialogue his own. He has a distinct way with words in alot of the stuff he's been in, and that showed on BB. Looking forward to see it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A series would make more sense, it seems daft for them to incur production/distribution etc costs just for a single episode.

Re Huell, didn't he get hired as Saul's bodyguard off the back of Mike threatening to break his legs? So if this predates Walter White he wouldn't be in it?

Cina

A series would make more sense, it seems daft for them to incur production/distribution etc costs just for a single episode.

Re Huell, didn't he get hired as Saul's bodyguard off the back of Mike threatening to break his legs? So if this predates Walter White he wouldn't be in it?
You mean a pilot? Quite a common thing in America.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That's true I guess, but with an established character I would still imagine they'd get at lest a full season without the need for a pilot.

Did Frasier have a traditional pilot?

Shit, even 'Joey' got a full season. And renewed for a second. Jesus.

Cina

That's true I guess, but with an established character I would still imagine they'd get at lest a full season without the need for a pilot.

Did Frasier have a traditional pilot?

Shit, even 'Joey' got a full season. And renewed for a second. Jesus.
Not necessarily, by all accounts this will probably be a very different type of show to BB and they'll want to know exactly what they're getting into first.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
To me it sounds like it might work better as a half-hour show, if it's going to be more focused on the comedy aspects.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's a bit one note to carry a whole series, no?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Could get Mike back considering he seemed to be using Mike prior to meeting Walt. Was it not Jesse that introduced Walt to him? So there could be room for Jesse, or at least Badger, Skinny Pete and Combo to appear. Not sure whether the main cast would come back for it but I could see Steve appearing in it on some sort of case.

ciderman9000000

I did a search on the Caf and there didn't seem to be anything related to this spinoff in a stand alone thread, but more so linked to the now departed Breaking Bad.

Apologies if this has it's own thread. Mods, please feel free to re-direct.

I was thinking about this spinoff all feckin night. In fact it kept me awake wondering how they are going to angle it. One thing that kept creeping into my mind was whether Walter White would do a sort of cameo appearance in some innocent scene, in say a shopping mall. Even if he was standing in line waiting to pay at the checkout, I think it would make for some effective humor.

Does anybody know where this show is supposed to be based? I'm assuming it's the same town where Saul set up shop in BB
You were up all night thinking this crap?

Jesus :(

Scrumpet

There are no words
It could very easily turn out awful. I hope they have a very clear idea of the tone they're aiming for.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Actually just looking, most spin off's have been shit.

The only really successful ones I can think off are;
Angel
Frasier
Joey
Melrose Place

And off them only Frasier was any good.

Cina

I think it will be shit, AMC probably do too, hence only giving them a pilot first.

I wish they'd left it alone.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Saul can't carry a serious show alone, he worked off Cranston and Paul. If they make it a comedy perhaps....

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I think it will be shit, AMC probably do too, hence only giving them a pilot first.

I wish they'd left it alone.
Saul can't carry a serious show alone, he worked off Cranston and Paul. If they make it a comedy perhaps....
I agree.

Flynn should have had his own spinoff instead.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
I agree.

Flynn should have had his own spinoff instead.

Junior aka Flynn? Nah he's not mobile enough (no offence) or capable of anything particularly interesting. When he gets his money though....

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
My initial picture of it was something along the lines of House in terms of drama and comedy, but shifted a bit more towards the comedy. Will be interesting to see though.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Yeah it's meant to be far more comedy than Breaking Bad was, according to Gilligan. Which should work, as Odenkirk is a comedy actor. A great one at that. He was excellent in Mr Show and The Larry Sanders Show.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Wrong thread but what happened to the wire spin-off with props joe? See a quick trailer then never heard anything again.
Was it talked about a long time ago? Cos the actor playing Proposition Joe died fairly recently if I'm not mistaken, so if it was a relatively recent idea, that may be why.

DFreshKing

Was it talked about a long time ago? Cos the actor playing Proposition Joe died fairly recently if I'm not mistaken, so if it was a relatively recent idea, that may be why.

Its was supposed to be his school days. The trailer showed him in the school yard.

I heard about it a few years ago after I watched the series but nothing since.

Shame he died I had no idea. One of my favourite characters.

NinjaFletch

All I've heard is that this is going to be a series.

AMC would be stupid not to make it one either, too many people got into Br Ba very late due to netflix. This shows is their chance to capitalise on Bad's popularity. If its not absolute shit (and the two writers/producers announced) would indicate its got a chance of being decent then the ratings will be huge.