Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

cafecillos

I sort of agree with that, I'm expecting some sort of "twist" involving Kim, maybe not a so radical one as to turn her into the baddie, but I don't think it's going to be as straightforward as her dying because of Jimmy and her involvement in season 5.

I think Jimmy's feelings for her are real, and we should have seen some measure of guilt in BB had he been at least partly responsible for her death.

On the finale, the action episodes/scenes tend to be my least favourite bits in this universe, and this was no exception, I was totally unimpressed by Lalo/Rambo, and I thought it was totally out of character for both Gus and Mike to be so careless as to believe that those morons were the best and not to make sure personally that everything had gone according to plan.

As for the aging of some characters, yes, it's very obvious, but I've learnt to live with it although I'm the type to be bothered by this normally. I appreciate what they've done not using CGI or even practical effects to hide it, it's take it or leave it, at the end of the day it's fiction, it's probably not essential that Mike looks 17 months younger than the first time we saw him in BB. Dunno, I guess when everything else is so good it's easier to overlook these issues.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Na, they were thick as pig sh!t. So while they were in the tunnel the guy watching out gets shot and they hear it all yet they carry on like nothing happened, surely that would have alerted them.
This. And the guy "watching out" wasn't even watching out. He was looking at the tunnel, and not watching his back, gets shot in the back of the head.

5(?) guys done over by a guy initially armed with only a frying pan.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Could it be that Jimmy gets her disbarred? As he is so concerned that she is getting caught up in all the cartel stuff and doesnt want to see her get hurt, so he goes ahead and screws her over, resulting in her moving somewhere else.
Seems like the sort of crazy harebrained scheme he would come up with and just go ahead with, without thinking it through.

Also, next spinoff a Kim standalone show (on what she does during the BB timeline perhaps?)

cafecillos

Could it be that Jimmy gets her disbarred? As he is so concerned that she is getting caught up in all the cartel stuff and doesnt want to see her get hurt, so he goes ahead and screws her over, resulting in her moving somewhere else.
Seems like the sort of crazy harebrained scheme he would come up with and just go ahead with, without thinking it through.

Also, next spinoff a Kim standalone show (on what she does during the BB timeline perhaps?)
I actually think something along those lines is more likely than her simply and predictably dying

That spinoff though...:drool:

Nickosaur

Just watched the desert episode. Such a huge episode in terms of acting, intensity, gorgeous cinametography... You know both characters survive, and yet it was incredibly tense.

Mike: You need to drink

Saul: WHY SO THEY CAN FIND A CORPSE WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PISS!?

made me :lol:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
First, regarding Kim - there are only two possible ending for her character in final season. She dies before BB timeline as ultimate gut punch to the viewers and is the event that pretty much removes any leftover of "Jimmy" from Saul. Or she is alive but due to some big event gets completely cut out from Saul's life and "Gene" is going to reach out to her for a final climax to the whole series.
I am pretty sure the show will go with the second option, with first it is somewhat less intuitive that Jimmy will fully break bad after Kim dies, it is more likely he repents for the same and avoids going on a bad path. So I think we will see Gene interact with Kim. I wonder in a complete 180 to BB they might go with a happy ending for BCS? A very small chance but who knows.

Also I must be one of the few who does not like the Lalo character. I do not hate him but he seems like a super villain that creators wished they had created for final season for BB rather than basic white supremacist crew. In fact I probably hate him surviving this season more than anything. Why? Because there is very little agency or suspense to his actions. Most impactful thing he can do is kill Kim perhaps (I don't care about Nacho). We know Gus and Mike survive. So I have zero interest in seeing some kind of "war" play out between Lalo and them. There is just zero stakes involved in it since we know Gus is also good with cartel when BB starts.

In fact I like BCS solely for the Jimmy/Kimmy related arcs. Even Mike's stand-lone stories are good. Gus or cartel stuff which function as BB DVD extra is the worst aspect of the show. The whole lab storyline last season was painful to sit through for same reason. Since they could not have Mike and Gus collaborate so soon they decide to go in circles but then after 3-4 episodes and some random Mexican overlay, Mike is back with Gus. Bleh.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Also I must be one of the few who does not like the Lalo character. I do not hate him but he seems like a super villain that creators wished they had created for final season for BB rather than basic white supremacist crew.
He was referenced in BB, when Walt and Jesse kidnapped Saul and took him into the desert after trying to get him to help Badger. Saul shouted out thinking they were working for Lalo.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
He was referenced in BB, when Walt and Jesse kidnapped Saul and took him into the desert after trying to get him to help Badger. Saul shouted out thinking they were working for Lalo.
Yes I know he referenced both Lalo and Nacho. I doubt they had planned any kind of character arc for him then though. My point was the he is just an end game villain they have created for cartel/Gus storyline. But it does not solve the problem of there being no stakes in that arc given where Mike and Gus are, whey they appear in BB.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Yes I know he referenced both Lalo and Nacho. I doubt they had planned any kind of character arc for him then though. My point was the he is just an end game villain they have created for cartel/Gus storyline. But it does not solve the problem of there being no stakes in that arc given where Mike and Gus are, whey they appear in BB.
No, they didnt. There is actually a pretty recent Vince Gillighan interview in which he admits that he was against having Lalo as a character in BCS.

Another writer referenced that BB conversation and VG was like We dont have to explain everything.

hubbuh

Lalo is fecking amazing. So, so watchable. Unbelievable show, this. Ozark is getting attention but this several levels above for me.

Nickosaur

Damn, last 10 minutes of episode 9 were tense as feck! Lalo is such a great character.

Expecting some heavy shit to go down in the last episode. Can't wait.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Autumn 2021 or 2022 is more likely.
No one knows. Gillighan has said in a recent interview that the writers are already working on it (from home obviously). Now, there is a big question mark over when they can shoot again.

However, with Banks and Mark Margolis getting on in years (the latter is 80), I do think that they will try to shoot ASAP. They have already lost Robert Forster,who plays Ed the Disappearer.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not yet out on Netflix. It's a weekly concept for this show. Coming Wednesday, the final episode will be telecast.
What country you in? The finale was on Netflix in the UK last week, presumably after having been aired on US TV.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Watching the desert episode -- cinematography is stunning. Looks marvellous with Dolby Vision. Such a good episode. Mike was definitely SF in Vietnam I reckon. Double hard bastard.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Being on furlough I've watched the whole BB, film and BCS over a few weeks.

A couple of people said BCS is better than BB which intrigued me as it seemed to take about 3 series to get going.

Had some good twists and turns and i tended to always enjoy the Mike parts, but for me it's no where near BB for loads of reasons.

Much slower

We know Gus and Mike make it which takes away that borderline threat that all characters in BB faced.

Gus' sinister side isn't the massive shock as in BB so his character loses a lot.

A bit too much legal mumbo jumbo. While obviously Jimmy through to Saul needs the backstory, the main fun in BB is that it's a shady lawyer who knows shady people..not from the specifics of the job.

The ages of Gus, Mike and Saul's bodyguard are just massively wrong feeling. Impossible to get round maybe...

Even the last 4-5 episodes i was half watching doing other stuff, whereas in BB you couldn't miss a moment, and it was mostly the Skylar chats that i glazed over.

Just opinions i guess and still looking forward to Jesse and the big man somehow turning up in the last series!

youngrell

Being on furlough I've watched the whole BB, film and BCS over a few weeks.

A couple of people said BCS is better than BB which intrigued me as it seemed to take about 3 series to get going.

Had some good twists and turns and i tended to always enjoy the Mike parts, but for me it's no where near BB for loads of reasons.

Much slower

We know Gus and Mike make it which takes away that borderline threat that all characters in BB faced.

Gus' sinister side isn't the massive shock as in BB so his character loses a lot.

A bit too much legal mumbo jumbo. While obviously Jimmy through to Saul needs the backstory, the main fun in BB is that it's a shady lawyer who knows shady people..not from the specifics of the job.

The ages of Gus, Mike and Saul's bodyguard are just massively wrong feeling. Impossible to get round maybe...

Even the last 4-5 episodes i was half watching doing other stuff, whereas in BB you couldn't miss a moment, and it was mostly the Skylar chats that i glazed over.

Just opinions i guess and still looking forward to Jesse and the big man somehow turning up in the last series!
For me, the biggest difference between the two is Bryan Cranston. His performance is so captivating as WW, it's very difficult to match the overall quality and appeal of BB.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For me, the biggest difference between the two is Bryan Cranston. His performance is so captivating as WW, it's very difficult to match the overall quality and appeal of BB.
I re watched the first two episodes of BB last night and even that early there was loads going on. But between Walter and Jesse you have a huge loss from BCS

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Finally got around to watching the last two episodes of the season. Can someone explain the reasoning for Kim wanting to basically ruin Howard's life? Is it really cos she felt insulted when he warned her about Jimmy? Other than this oddity, thought this season was great.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Finally got around to watching the last two episodes of the season. Can someone explain the reasoning for Kim wanting to basically ruin Howard's life? Is it really cos she felt insulted when he warned her about Jimmy? Other than this oddity, thought this season was great.
She knows that he is an absolute cnut, and him pretending to be nice towards them lately didn't change it, and she is Jimmy's girlfriend, so why not?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
She knows that he is an absolute cnut, and him pretending to be nice towards them lately didn't change it, and she is Jimmy's girlfriend, so why not?
Seems like a drastic change from her character. While she’s not above running a little scam to get a free meal, can’t see her behaving like that without something more substantive behind it. But thanks for answering my question, thought I missed something.

Red_Aaron

I'd watched the earlier seasons and enjoyed them but never to the point where I was desperate to binge them, the discussions of its pacing have been done to death and I did struggle at times with it.

Just caught up with the latest season and wow what a return to form for the BB universe. The second half especially ramps it up and the finale was fantastic. Wish I could dive right in to the next season.

I'm on the love lalo side of the discussion - fantastic character and what an ending

dbs235

They have already lost Robert Forster,who plays Ed the Disappearer.
No way, sad news, did not know that. Saw him 20 years ago in Like Mike and always enjoyed seeing him pop in films/TV ever since.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finally got around to watching this. Just watched the episode with Mike’s backstory about his son and the corrupt cops (S01E06). Great episode and Banks’ acting was superb.

Bojan11

Finally got around to watching this. Just watched the episode with Mike’s backstory about his son and the corrupt cops (S01E06). Great episode and Banks’ acting was superb.
Buy a Xbox or I’d tell you what happens to Mike.