Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finally got around to watching this. Just watched the episode with Mike’s backstory about his son and the corrupt cops (S01E06). Great episode and Banks’ acting was superb.
Fully caught up now. Slow to get going but I thought the second half of S5 was great. The episode with Saul and Mike in the desert was top notch and whilst Lalo reminds me of Euron Greyjoy (not in a good way), I am intrigued as to how S6 will play out and what he’ll do.

Last edited:

Bojan11

Fully caught up now. Slow to get going but I thought the second half of S5 was great. The episode with Saul and Mike in the desert was top notch and whilst Lalo reminds me of Euros Greyjoy (not in a good way), I am intrigued as to how S6 will play out and what he’ll do.
You binge watched all the series in two days?

Yeah, I am interested to see how things unfold with Kim and Nacho. Don’t think both of them are going to survive.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You binge watched all the series in two days?

Yeah, I am interested to see how things unfold with Kim and Nacho. Don’t think both of them are going to survive.
Started Thursday, pretty much a season a day. Joys of being a student :lol:

Yeah I feel like Kim is upto something. I get the feeling she is really going to hurt Saul.

Havak

Pokemon master
Re-watching this from the beginning and it's even better the second time around somehow. It doesn't feel as slow as it did the first time, probably because I've seen it before but also because I can just watch one episode after another.

I'm up to season 3, but still thinking a lot about season 5. At the moment, my money is on Nacho dying, Kim being a 50/50 and Lalo surviving but probably ending up in a high security prison or something. My original thought for Kim is that she was given a new identity by the 'disappearer', but unless they shot that already it would be little bit trickier to pull off as the actor has sadly passed. Still doable though, just phonecalls / don't see the driver of the van etc.

It would make sense, due to the scene in Breaking Bad with Saul & Francesca. I assume the person he was telling Fran to call about speaking to him on his birthday is Kim.

Also, one other note about Better Call Saul for me is that almost all of the new characters are very good. I would put most of the newcomers in BCS above a lot of the recurring characters in Breaking Bad.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Re-watching this from the beginning and it's even better the second time around somehow. It doesn't feel as slow as it did the first time, probably because I've seen it before but also because I can just watch one episode after another.

I'm up to season 3, but still thinking a lot about season 5. At the moment, my money is on Nacho dying, Kim being a 50/50 and Lalo surviving but probably ending up in a high security prison or something. My original thought for Kim is that she was given a new identity by the 'disappearer', but unless they shot that already it would be little bit trickier to pull off as the actor has sadly passed. Still doable though, just phonecalls / don't see the driver of the van etc.

It would make sense, due to the scene in Breaking Bad with Saul & Francesca. I assume the person he was telling Fran to call about speaking to him on his birthday is Kim.

Also, one other note about Better Call Saul for me is that almost all of the new characters are very good. I would put most of the newcomers in BCS above a lot of the recurring characters in Breaking Bad.
Gus told Hector in Breaking Bad that the Salamanca name dies with him, so Lalo surviving would contradict this.

Havak

Pokemon master
Gus told Hector in Breaking Bad that the Salamanca name dies with him, so Lalo surviving would contradict this.
Possibly.

But in Breaking Bad season two when Jesse & Walter kidnap Saul, he asks who sent them, was it Lalo?

Lalo could die during Breaking Bad seasons 3-4. Either that or Saul just isn't involved with that part at all? If Lalo dies though, I am sure Saul would have known about it prior to the events of Breaking Bad season 2.

Denis' cuff

Agree, some outstanding characters with Saul, Kim, Mike, Gus etc and even Lalo as the baddie. Sadly watched the last of s5 and longing for more. Really outstanding stuff along with Bb, some of the best tv ever. Might even go back to bb for the sake of sequence, as I have the whole lot on DVD.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
So no-one from BCS got an Emmy nod. Kim should've been a nailed on win and not even nominated. What nonsense.

That's not even mentioning Saul, Mike and Lalo.

Havak

Pokemon master
So no-one from BCS got an Emmy nod. Kim should've been a nailed on win and not even nominated. What nonsense.

That's not even mentioning Saul, Mike and Lalo.
That's pretty disappointing, especially for Rhea Seehorn. If there was going to be any kind of continuation of the Breaking Bad universe (not that I think there should ever be anything else after BCS ends) my front runner would be the Kim Wexler character. Perhaps seeing more from her side during BCS and what she did during BB assuming she's alive.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just finished season 5.

The episode with them lost in the desert, and the final episode with the assault on the mansion... Wow! amazing TV.

When they get it right, they really do nail it.

Eleven-Eighteen

Just finished season 5.

That was a bloody masterclass of a season finale.

I've also started noticing all the quirky lighting they have in various shots - not sure if it helps the narrative but it's creative alright.

binary bot
Finally caught up.

I know its an attempt to add depth to Saul but I find the legal side of the show painstakingly boring and everything with Mike/Gus/Lalo amazing TV. Like I'm switching between a shit episode of suits and season 4 of breaking bad.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Finally caught up.

I know its an attempt to add depth to Saul but I find the legal side of the show painstakingly boring and everything with Mike/Gus/Lalo amazing TV. Like I'm switching between a shit episode of suits and season 4 of breaking bad.
I assumed this bump was news of season 6.

Damn you to hell.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Just got around to finishing all 5 seasons and man, has anyone really come on late in the show and then proceeded to completely steal the show like Lalo Salamanca in this one? Even Oberyn Martell only lasts a few episodes in GoT. Fantastic performance by Tony Dalton.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Is this not going to be in Netflix?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah it will be. An episode a week as well which is both torturous, and also good.
That's good, just seen the AMC branding all over it and thought it might not be on Netflix.

I haven't got time these days for binges so don't mind the weekly releases. But see where you are coming from.

Big Andy

Bloke
That's good, just seen the AMC branding all over it and thought it might not be on Netflix.

I haven't got time these days for binges so don't mind the weekly releases. But see where you are coming from.
Not too bad with BCS, as it's a slow burner anyway so not really cliffhanger style TV, so the weekly wait won't be as bad