Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I don't think they will kill Kim off yet, she's such an integral character now I can't imagine the final season without here. Nacho is a goner though.

Red Stone

Could have put a lump of coal up my arse before that last scene and I would have given you a diamond before the end credits. I don't think I've felt tension like that since the night vision part of Silence of the Lambs. Jesus Christ... I had to pause it just to calm myself down during a point where I was absolutely certain he was going to pull the gun out and off Kim. Vince Gilligan is the best thing ever to happen to television.

Tarrou

I don't think they will kill Kim off yet, she's such an integral character now I can't imagine the final season without here. Nacho is a goner though.
I'm holding out some hope that Mike helps him do a runner with the old man

but it seems massively unlikely at this point

if Mike is the one who offs him I think I might cry

youngrell

Think Nacho is around a while yet, if you remember both him and Lalo are mentioned by Saul during his first meeting with Walt and Jesse.

cafecillos

Fantastic episode, the way the whole series just keep growing is amazing and just makes the earlier "slower" seasons an indispensable part of the overarching plan and development of the show. I wouldn't say it's better than Breaking Bad as it stands, if only because it's a "smaller" and "secondary" part of the universe, but as an independent show, it could very well be on a par with it, especially in terms of cinematography and performances. Most of the actors in the show are superb, but I'd like to single out Rhea Seehorn (Kim), whose work in this is an absolute masterclass on every scene, I don't know if she's been this good in her previous work (I actually don't remember seeing her much before BCS), but to me her role in this is little short of standard-setting

OleBoiii

Kim is turning into one of my all-time favorite fictional characters. She totally stealing the show. Her inevitable death is going to be heart-breaking.

cafecillos

Kim is turning into one of my all-time favorite fictional characters. She totally stealing the show. Her inevitable death is going to be heart-breaking.
I'm not so sure she'll die, we never saw Saul mourn anybody in BB

Sandyman

Finished this today and another brilliant season. The last 3 episodes have been on another level and set things up perfectly for Season 6.

That heel turn from Kim though!! :drool:

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I think there is zero chance Kim dies.

Jimmy already blames himself for what she is becoming and for putting her in danger. There is no way that he would be the way he is in BB had she died.

The theory gaining momentum is that she gets disbarred or something and moves back to Nebraska. The place where she comes from is close to the border with Omaha, which is where Gene is located. So, what I am hoping for is a reunion for them in the post-BB timeline.

mu4c_20le

I'm not so sure she'll die, we never saw Saul mourn anybody in BB
That's because he's a sociopath. As for Kim, it feels like for the last few seasons they've been building her up for a great fall, it remains to be seen if she'll survive but i'm leaning on no myself. Lalo is very mad, and I think she may become collateral damage.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Those last few episodes were immense, but my god, I'm supposed to just sit on that ending for a year? SAKE.

The only downer was Gus calling his assassins "the best in the business", and they fumbled their way in there like drunk stormtroopers.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Can't believe we have to wait a whole year for this continue.

Only thing I didn't like is Gus saying his killers were the best and they turned out to be a bunch of twats.

hobbers

Thought this season was great on the whole but last episode was a bit shite.

Hiring professionals for that job my ass.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Agree with the comments above, fantastic season but the finale was quite a let down and the way the ended it as a season cliffhanger was kinda crap.

Those assassins were top tier garbage, I’d have done a better job of that job on Hitman with the highest difficulty.

Nacho is all kinds of fecked. Hope his old man doesn’t get caught in the crossfire.

mu4c_20le

Watched the final scene again and I didn't think the hitmen were that bad, I think Lalo was just that good. He knew the house inside out, and used the commie tunnel to get behind them. While he had a bit of luck, he also had incredible survival instincts.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Watched the final scene again and I didn't think the hitmen were that bad, I think Lalo was just that good. He knew the house inside out, and used the commie tunnel to get behind them. While he had a bit of luck, he also had incredible survival instincts.
Na, they were thick as pig sh!t. So while they were in the tunnel the guy watching out gets shot and they hear it all yet they carry on like nothing happened, surely that would have alerted them.

Sandyman

Yeah agree with this. And he got lucky when he spotted the first gunman and used the kid as shield. After that, it was about Lalo being in his own turf and making use of that to the maximum. He used the tunnel and then ambushed the team.

Agree with the comments above, fantastic season but the finale was quite a let down and the way the ended it as a season cliffhanger was kinda crap.

Those assassins were top tier garbage, I’d have done a better job of that job on Hitman with the highest difficulty.

Nacho is all kinds of fecked. Hope his old man doesn’t get caught in the crossfire.
It had the opposite effect on me. All season long, the show has been dangling a bad ending (death) for one of Kim, Nacho or Lalo but now all 3 will be part of the next season. Add in Kim's heel turn, Lalo escaping and Nacho blowing his cover, it sets things up beautifully for the next season.

Na, they were thick as pig sh!t. So while they were in the tunnel the guy watching out gets shot and they hear it all yet they carry on like nothing happened, surely that would have alerted them.
Yeah fair point. Maybe they assumed it was on the walkie talkie and didn't know if it was from the inside or outside. They saw his blood and saw the end of the tunnel and probably thought they had a better chance of finding him making a run for it.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's really upsetting me seeing how the relationship between Kim and Jimmy turned out so sad. Maybe it's because Corona i got heavily emotional invested (season 5 has been nothing but spectacular) but i just can't stop suffering because of it. I can see some traits from them in myself and i would really love having a person as they have to share.

Luckily for me it's going to be a bit of wait before the final season and fingers crossed i'm busy with different stuff when it inevitably hits the screens...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That was good, but still probably the weakest episode of this season, or at least last 4 or 5 easily. I agree with others about the killers, that was really disappointing.

I'm supposed to just sit on that ending for a year? SAKE.
This!!!!

SirAF

Ageist
I love Don Eladio, there’s something about his face that cracks me up :lol:

The Firestarter

Kim has to be the best character transformation in both shows. Beautifully acted. And that smirk at Howard : "that's it !?" :lol: After almost getting killed by a drug lord she is being lectured about bowling balls and prostitutes.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I love Don Eladio, there’s something about his face that cracks me up :lol:
Yeah he's a cool character, those poolside scenes in breaking bad we're so well shot.

I had a strong feeling that Lalo would survive when Gus dropped his unnecessary 'best in the business' line last episode.

Also, I don't think they'll kill Kim off.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
The fact he looks at least 15 years older since his BB appearance?
I dont see it with Mike and Gus but yes, Eladio looked really old in the last Episode.

They are paying the price in that regard for waiting so long between seasons. For the last season, actors will be 10ish years olders than they were in Breaking Bad, while Jonathan Banks and the actor playing Hector are on the wrong side of 70.

Jericholyte2

So I assume with the Kim heel turn this will be her downfall...

From Jimmy protesting so much I see it going wrong, her being brought up on it and disbarred.

From the little scams the e done together this is that stage of ‘escalation’ that will go too far. Jimmy won’t have directly done anything malicious but that sense of “you destroy everything around you” coming back to haunt him.

Hellboy

I think Kim could well turn out to be a villain in Season 6.

One reason for Saul not to mention her anymore in BB would be to have broken his heart/stolen his Sandpiper settlement money ...