Better player: Lingard or Cleverley

Eddy_JukeZ

Who's the better player?

From the matchday thread where @hobbers thinks Cleverley is easily the better player while I argue the opposite.

Mods: A poll would be great.

Last edited:

Bojan11

They both equally as shite. But Cleverley did play his part in a premier league title, so I’d go him.

U99ted

Lingard has better highlights, scoring in FA Cup & League Cup finals, so I’ll go Lingard.

Traub

Cleverley purely for that community shield goal.

SirScholes

Who's the better player?

From the matchday thread where @hobbers thinks Cleverley is easily thebetter player while I argue the opposite.

Mods: A poll would be great.
the answer is no!

also you lost me when you said majority of united fans thought cleverly was going to be the next scholes
I don’t know a single fan that thought this

better than he turned out yes, but Not that good

dove

Neither is better. Lingard is a bit less shit than Cleverley though.

hobbers

I didn't say Cleverley was easily better, I said they are both Watford-bench-warming standard. There is objectively nothing that Lingard is better at on a football pitch than Cleverley.

When we're done with this utterly redundant poll can the next one be to see if James is less shit than Obertan? :lol:

King Andow

I'd rather have Cleverley on my team. Lingard damages the side way more with the amount of brainfarts, possession lost and terrible end product. Cleverley can pass sideways all day long and if he has a dominant CM by his side he's far away from being Lingard-bad-level, still shite though.

PoTMS

At their peak, Lingard. Bottom level, Cleverley.

IrishMcD

Reminds me of the question an 8yo Kid that I teach asked me, "would you rather eat a dog poo flavoured ice cream or a dog poo that tastes like ice cream?"

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Holy feck that’s a toughie. I’d say Cleverly. He’s been less consistently shite than Lingard.

Based Adnan

Cleveley will just pass it to the nearest teammate as opposed to killing attacks like Lingard so i'd give it him

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Lingard, by a distance. But neither is good enough.

NoMidfielders

Lingard for me, there was a period where he seemed like a decent player whereas cleverley never seemed even vaguely good. Plus goals in two cup finals.