Betting on Transfers

Bondi77

Just wondered if anyone follows the betting on players moving between club's and if anyone has placed anything on Sancho coming to Utd?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Waste of time putting money on Sancho to united odds are 1/8, so if it doesn’t happen you’ll be disappointed & out of pocket!

Evans999

Be careful with it. Often Sky sports news reported that a transfer is close. Skybet did inviting odds and took a load of bets on it to happen knowing it was bull.

Although Sky have since sold Skybet it remains an easy market for bookmakers to manipulate through media pals.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t see much point, the odds are never inviting enough. Unless you were just guessing and got really lucky that is.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Messi is 16/1 to come here with SkyBet. Definitely worth a tenner.

Bondi77

It was Skysports that caught my eye a few years ago when they had us at 1/6 to sign Fabinho and then it came out later that we never even made contact with the player.
After that episode I often wondered how they constructed their market and as there is not a form line that they can use it must be based on rumour or inside info and while the first one is dubious the second would have to be close to being illegal .

Lentwood

Pointless because if you actually where 'in the know' about a transfer and wanted to take a decent price you would probably end up being restricted to some nominal stake like £5

The bookies know some people have knowledge about events they don't so they would take no chances whatsoever

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It was Skysports that caught my eye a few years ago when they had us at 1/6 to sign Fabinho and then it came out later that we never even made contact with the player.
After that episode I often wondered how they constructed their market and as there is not a form line that they can use it must be based on rumour or inside info and while the first one is dubious the second would have to be close to being illegal .
I've always thought sky and other betting companies drive/leak the transfer rumours to generate hopeless bets.

Mugs game.

Red00012

I've always thought sky and other betting companies drive/leak the transfer rumours to generate hopeless bets.

Mugs game.
Made a good bit of money last summer through a Kante to Utd transfer rumour and Dybala to Spurs and Bruno to Utd. Again 2 of those went down to the last day. When I backed Kante to stay at Chelsea the odds shortened considerably a few hours later .
You can get Sancho to Utd at 8/11 at the moment which isn’t bad ( if we sign him :lol: )

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Just wondered if anyone follows the betting on players moving between club's and if anyone has placed anything on Sancho coming to Utd?
They used to have a market on betting for players to stay. That was very profitable because most of the time Sky Sports were wrong but they removed that.

Bondi77

They used to have a market on betting for players to stay. That was very profitable because most of the time Sky Sports were wrong but they removed that.
I thought that straight away as Skysports make up so many stories I was trying to see what price the player was to stay but of course they would be paying out big time.

Bondi77

Made a good bit of money last summer through a Kante to Utd transfer rumour and Dybala to Spurs and Bruno to Utd. Again 2 of those went down to the last day. When I backed Kante to stay at Chelsea the odds shortened considerably a few hours later .
You can get Sancho to Utd at 8/11 at the moment which isn’t bad ( if we sign him :lol: )
What price to stay at Dortmund?

Tarrou

Mugs game.
This isn’t what is going on. The real purpose of these markets is to keep people logging in during the off-season, and its also a cheap way to create content that keeps the betting product in the media during the off season. It reduces the chance of people forgetting about the product and abandoning their account. They are not making any money from the market, because the limits are extremely limited due to insider info.

Source: i own an online sports book

McGrathsipan

This isn’t what is going on. The real purpose of these markets is to keep people logging in during the off-season, and its also a cheap way to create content that keeps the betting product in the media during the off season. It reduces the chance of people forgetting about the product and abandoning their account. They are not making any money from the market, because the limits are extremely limited due to insider info.

Source: i own an online sports book
That's fair enough but I'd say there is still a rather large amount of leaked crap all year round to drive bets. They are all at it I'd say.

McGrathsipan

We're not getting Sancho this season but that aside what kind of cash are you willing to lose to make money on a bet with those odds.

Red00012

We're not getting Sancho this season but that aside what kind of cash are you willing to lose to make money on a bet with those odds.
Plenty of time to get Sancho.

I’d gamble enough to make it worth my while, if I lose it just goes out of the kitty.

binary bot
The most lucrative betting market in the world is the caf laying the annual summer transfer interest so they can wipe away their tears come window close.