Biggest game in club football...

RoyH1

Barca-Real has lost its spark recently.
It has. But people here to need to realize that "El Clásico" is huuge no matter what. It trascends football, in a way no football game in England really does. It's a psychological/political substitute for civil war in Spain. And while La Liga might be significantly smaller than PL in international reach, that game is must see TV in countries where football is actually the biggest sport.

U99ted

Real/Barca and Manchester United/Liverpool, at least in Europe.

:lol: At the people trying to say Liverpool/City.

Just :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It has. But people here to need to realize that "El Clásico" is huuge no matter what. It trascends football, in a way no football game in England really does. It's a psychological/political substitute for civil war in Spain. And while La Liga might be significantly smaller than PL in international reach, that game is must see TV in countries where football is actually the biggest sport.
Football is the biggest sport in England and nobody really gives a shit here anymore. And in all likelihood, nobody here ever will again, at least not for a very long time. The chances of them both having the world’s best players all at the same time any time soon is slim. And even then, the chances of those players being on a level where they are amongst the best ever to play the game, all at the same time, is even slimmer. So I can’t see the same demand returning any time soon.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Around 2.5m Spaniards watch it. It transcends nothing. Now I'm not saying United v Liverpool does either, both are watched by football fans on their niche football channels, that's it. It's not like a Superbowl, Grand National, FA Cup final of old etc.

RoyH1

Around 2.5m Spaniards watch it. It transcends nothing. Now I'm not saying United v Liverpool does either, both are watched by football fans on their niche football channels, that's it. It's not like a Superbowl, Grand National, FA Cup final of old etc.
Don't get so salty. The transcedence I talk about is the social and political context around the game in Spain, but I think that went above your head. And your viewing figures are wrong by the way. And it is not the Superbowl, of course not. Other than a World Cup final nothing

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
I gotta say, Utd-Liverpool sure didn't feel like the biggest game in football this time around.

Maybe it's due to corona, but it was hardly mentioned in the press here. It didn't help that it was a fairly boring draw off course.

I think El Clasico still is the biggest game. There just always seems to be so much on the line. The title (usually), the Messi-Ronaldo rivalry (or now: the Messi unhappiness), the whole political mess, often one of the coaches job hanging by a thread, etc.

When was the last time Utd-Liverpool was played with the title on the line?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's a bit sad if United/Liverpool attracts the biggest audience, it's nearly always a dull, cagey game. I can't remember the last time it was a properly entertaining game for the neutral. Or even a feisty game.

Barca/Real is a bit better in terms of drama and feistiness, but they're generally frustrating games to watch with all the diving and playacting that comes with it.

Red & White

All the City Vs Liverpool choices are depressing. who would have thought that back in the mid 90s.

Erm, Swansea Vs Cardiff... There’s certainty not the massive games there was at the moment. The game does seem to have a little less passion these days. Maybe that’s due to no fans for a year and VAR playing with my mind.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Switched off United/Pool at halftime. Would never do that with Barca/Real.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
How many 0-0 draws have there been between Barca and Real in the last 20 years.

Halftrack

All I know is that any time a game between Bayern and Dortmund is referred to as "Der Klassiker" I die a little inside.