Bill Cosby | Guilty

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Its not the accounts of their lifestyles that bother me, its the parts about the lies that two of them admitted to in the past, its the part about one of them who has accused another celebrity of the same crime back in the 90s after her friend did the same. Are you suggesting that the website made those up? I can find other sources to verify them. At the end of the day its wrong for anyone to find Cosby guilty when they don't have the facts. Every man deserves the benefit of doubt. Innocent until proven guilty, do not hang the man on nothing but words. You wouldn't want the same happen to you.
Nobody has "found him guilty" though, have they?

Everyone suspects he is guilty because of all the accusations. So suspect him innocent would be to suspect all those women are guilty of lying.

It's perfectly natural to have suspicion, no?

Loublaze

ATLien
Nobody has "found him guilty" though, have they?

Everyone suspects he is guilty because of all the accusations. So suspect him innocent would be to suspect all those women are guilty of lying.

It's perfectly natural to have suspicion, no?
He's not simply 'suspected' to be guilty. He's already been hung by public opinion and he's losing endorsements by the day.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
One of the women was 15 when Cosby allegedly molested her in the playboy mansion in the 70s. Why isn't anyone asking playboy questions? That place is supposed to be off limits to minors. It goes back to the child molestation ring that still exists in hollywood. If Cosby is guilty I hope he and everyone else involved burn for it. As for now, im not buying all these accusations as gospel truth.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can you prove it? I guess word of mouth is all one needs these days
Prove what ? There's no trial on this issue so the only proof is what is believed by the public. There are 20 women who have accused him of rape and he hasn't exactly denied it.

Loublaze

ATLien
Prove what ? There's no trial on this issue so the only proof is what is believed by the public. There are 20 women who have accused him of rape and he hasn't exactly denied it.
He doesn't have to. Let them sue him and prove his guilt before a judge. At the end of the day they are talking about 100M.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
Complete side note, having nothing to do with Bill Cosby being a rapist, but this Janice Dickinson, I have seen here on shows before and she calls herself the worlds first super model, but honestly until she showed up on some reality show I had never heard of her. Again this has nothing to do with her being raped by Bill, just wondering about that claim of being the first supermodel.
She claimed to have coined the term in the late 70s, but the term was already in existence since the 40s apparently. She probably was a pioneer for what we know as supermodels. She made an enormous amount of money in her heydays in the early 80s, making up to 2 grand a day at one point.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Its not the accounts of their lifestyles that bother me, its the parts about the lies that two of them admitted to in the past, its the part about one of them who has accused another celebrity of the same crime back in the 90s after her friend did the same. Are you suggesting that the website made those up? I can find other sources to verify them. At the end of the day its wrong for anyone to find Cosby guilty when they don't have the facts. Every man deserves the benefit of doubt. Innocent until proven guilty, do not hang the man on nothing but words. You wouldn't want the same happen to you.
I strongly suspect that they are taking whatever kernel of truth there is and twisting it to defend Bill the only black bloke in the world they love.

And even if totally true (do right wing loons know what that even means?) the huge number of independent victims who have similar stories about being drugged and raped/assaulted by Cosby make it almost inconceivable that he isn't guilt as sin. Shame it looks like the US don't consider drugging and raping people a serious enough crime to exclude it from any statute of limitations legislation. Then he could have hos day in court with an assumption of innocence. But as it is his deafening silence combined with the numerous victims makes him guilty in the eyes of the majority and if he doesn't like that he needs to do something about it.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Why is it unfair to look into the past and histories of these women when the accused is on full blast and already guilty in public opinion?
Because it is right out of the "She was a slut in a short dress who was asking for it" defence handbook.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Take away the money for compensation and there might not be so many accusations.
They could be given something else, say tupperware or something.

Loublaze

ATLien
Because it is right out of the "She was a slut in a short dress who was asking for it" defence handbook.
The article wasn't demonizing the women. It was open ended. Why can't we see all sides?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Take away the money for compensation and there might not be so many accusations.
They could be given something else, say tupperware or something.
Or better yet a time machine so they could have a chance to live a life with the dignity of not having been raped.

Loublaze

ATLien
I strongly suspect that they are taking whatever kernel of truth there is and twisting it to defend Bill the only black bloke in the world they love.

And even if totally true (do right wing loons know what that even means?) the huge number of independent victims who have similar stories about being drugged and raped/assaulted by Cosby make it almost inconceivable that he isn't guilt as sin. Shame it looks like the US don't consider drugging and raping people a serious enough crime to exclude it from any statute of limitations legislation. Then he could have hos day in court with an assumption of innocence. But as it is his deafening silence combined with the numerous victims makes him guilty in the eyes of the majority and if he doesn't like that he needs to do something about it.
Maybe im missing something, but why would they care about a bleeding Democrat who has defended and campaigned for Obama and has also made financial contributions to the party? His only conservative views concern the black community and what he thinks they need to go forward.

Loublaze

ATLien
Or better yet a time machine so they could have a chance to live a life with the dignity of not having been raped.
Gloria Allred will help them get what they really want, money. We all know she's an opportunist made for tv attorney. I'll gladly take back some of my words on here when facts are presented in a court of law and final rulings are made. She's already demanded (suggested) that Cosby set aside 100 Million in a fund for all his accusers.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gloria Allred will help them get what they really want, money. We all know she's an opportunist made for tv attorney. I'll gladly take back some of my words on here when facts are presented in a court of law and final rulings are made
It may not even get to that point, as Cosby will almost certainly want to avoid having to face all of them. He will settle out of court just like he did the last time in 2006. I also wouldn't be surprised if another dozen or so people come out of nowhere to join the suit.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe im missing something, but why would they care about a bleeding Democrat who has defended and campaigned for Obama and has also made financial contributions to the party? His only conservative views concern the black community and what he thinks they need to go forward.
Its not about Cosby's politics, for them its about questioning the motives of the feminist movement who in this case will be squarely on the side of the women.

Loublaze

ATLien
Its not about Cosby's politics, for them its about questioning the motives of the feminist movement who in this case will be squarely on the side of the women.
Ah, so in this case their disdain for the feminist movement trumps their disdain for a powerful black liberal public figure. The article didn't even attack the women, it just brought some things to the fore. Anyway, this is just the way I see things. People are in this for financial gain. Its a dirty world. Cosby will have to pay someone at some point. On to the next one, and I bet defense attorneys are sharpening their blades because this is not the end. A prediction from earlier this year after the Byran Singer sex scandal. Hollywood is rocking but I doubt even after all this it will fully be exposed for what it really is.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...sault-victims-coming-forward-lawyer-says.html

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ah, so in this case their disdain for the feminist movement trumps their disdain for a powerful black liberal public figure. The article didn't even attack the women, it just brought some things to the fore. Anyway, this is just the way I see things. People are in this for financial gain. Its a dirty world. Cosby will have to pay someone at some point. On to the next one, and I bet defense attorneys are sharpening their blades because this is not the end. A prediction from earlier this year after the Byran Singer sex scandal. Hollywood is rocking but I doubt even after all this it will fully be exposed for what it really is.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...sault-victims-coming-forward-lawyer-says.html
The article was little more than cynical click bait to appeal to conservative males who read that site. What is of paramount interest to society is whether or not Bill Cosby drugged and raped all those women. By the time all of this is said and done I'm quite certain he will be viewed as such and much like OJ Simpson, his career will be in tatters and he will be viewed as a sick, twisted person who used his fame to prey on others.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Seriously? He is a black man that spouts much of the rubbish they want to believe. Easy for a rich man to say that disadvantage and discrimination should be ignored. Just the sort of Uncle Tom attitudes that Conservatives love. Not to mention half them believe that, short of kidnap off the street and violent assault, rape isn't even a thing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Im not, but nice to know you think I am.
Don't take anything personal. Grab a first book about celebrities who liked to party and you'll see what's on the deep end of glamorous life and how talented women have to sacrifice their body to get into showbiz and remain there for just a few years of fame.

Rape is one of the most serious accusation you could throw on somebody. I agree with you on that, sounds pretty feckin extreme indeed, but these women have families and clearly care about them, too. Would they risk a public lie to the world knowing that may put their children, brothers and sisters in legit danger for the rest of their life ? If any investigating will show that they're full of, I can assure you that their closed ones will never have a serious careers from obvious reasons.

We all know Bill won't go behind bars, the things happened more than 30 years ago and Bill is almost 80 with obvious health issues. It's all about admitting that he done wrong. He still may be forgiven at some point as hard and absurd as it sounds but we all know he probably won't pay these women money after they decided to put it in the full media spotlight.

He never said 'no' to the accusations so case still open. He needs to make a public statement to put end to his own silence that drowns him even more in this shit... but he won't. He's afraid or just hiding something. We know that in his past his son was gunned down some long time ago. It's gonna be just my humble opinion but Bill may got himself into some truly fecked up shit in his younger years in showbiz. Maybe met the wrong people, maybe drugs, maybe rapes or something even more heavy... just me thinking out loud.

His silence doesn't help him at all, anyway.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
What makes her any different from any other accuser? Still no evidence, just stories and accounts. Im not saying he's innocent because I don't know. Its hard to distinguish between the blurred lines of the culture of sex/drugs for roles in hollywood which still goes on even today.
To a degree you have answered your own question in your follow on posts about these individuals attempting to get their 15 minutes of fame. From what I understand, she has zero to gain from coming out with this story. If anything, she has everything to lose. Healthy skepticism is a very good thing in my opinion but at some point there has to be something real to a story. Rape is a difficult one as so many women blame themselves or never report it for other reasons. That needs to change.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Don't take anything personal. Grab a first book about celebrities who liked to party and you'll see what's on the deep end of glamorous life and how talented women have to sacrifice their body to get into showbiz and remain there for just a few years of fame.

Rape is one of the most serious accusation you could throw on somebody. I agree with you on that, sounds pretty feckin extreme indeed, but these women have families and clearly care about them, too. Would they risk a public lie to the world knowing that may put their children, brothers and sisters in legit danger for the rest of their life ? If any investigating will show that they're full of, I can assure you that their closed ones will never have a serious careers from obvious reasons.

We all know Bill won't go behind bars, the things happened more than 30 years ago and Bill is almost 80 with obvious health issues. It's all about admitting that he done wrong. He still may be forgiven at some point as hard and absurd as it sounds but we all know he probably won't pay these women money after they decided to put it in the full media spotlight.

He never said 'no' to the accusations so case still open. He needs to make a public statement to put end to his own silence that drowns him even more in this shit... but he won't. He's afraid or just hiding something. We know that in his past his son was gunned down some long time ago. It's gonna be just my humble opinion but Bill may got himself into some truly fecked up shit in his younger years in showbiz. Maybe met the wrong people, maybe drugs, maybe rapes or something even more heavy... just me thinking out loud.

I'm not so sure. They can get very creative. Can't remember where I read/heard (perhaps here - lol) but perhaps all they need is a single witness who blocked the rape from her memory until recently (within the statute of limitation period). If that goes to court then I'm sure the others can all be called in by the prosecution.

As to the silence. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. A statement would be all over the news. He's trying to buy time, hope more don't come out (above 20 now?) and the news cycle will move on. He just needs a natural disaster or a war to start in the ME or something. Sad but true.

Loublaze

ATLien

Great post. He does have to make some kind of statement.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Apparently Cosby and his attorney are playing game of silence and just dismissing everything while L.A. prosecutors already refused child sexual abuse charge from 1974.

The thing is reaching new levels of weirdness with basically every week bringing new victim to the table.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Apparently Cosby and his attorney are playing game of silence and just dismissing everything while L.A. prosecutors already refused child sexual abuse charge from 1974.

The thing is reaching new levels of weirdness with basically every week bringing new victim to the table.
There's been rumours of a child sex ring centred in Hollywood for years with all sorts of people involved.

We could be looking at America's Saville moment. Not that Cosby was as prolific as Saville, just that his accusations could be the catalyst to a lot of stuff being revealed and a lot of people working their hardest to keep them covered.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
There's been rumours of a child sex ring centred in Hollywood for years with all sorts of people involved.

We could be looking at America's Saville moment. Not that Cosby was as prolific as Saville, just that his accusations could be the catalyst to a lot of stuff being revealed and a lot of people working their hardest to keep them covered.
The catalyst to that catalyst was the fact Saville was dead and couldn't respond. I know Cosby may as well be for all he's said on the matter, but what was the reason for someone coming forward now? Or was there no reason, just that they finally felt they could?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The catalyst to that catalyst was the fact Saville was dead and couldn't respond. I know Cosby may as well be for all he's said on the matter, but what was the reason for someone coming forward now? Or was there no reason, just that they finally felt they could?
Cosby's team thought it would be a good PR exercise to ask Twitter to make a Cosby Meme in the hope it would go viral. It did go viral and people were very creative:

You get the idea. The allegations had been out there for years and by an ironic twist of fate, the allegations went viral thanks to Cosby's social media team.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Oh yeah. Sorry, forgot all about that. "Sweaters...totally consensual sweaters..."

That kinda thing. I guess i kinda thought there was another factor here too, but if that's literally what happened then brilliant.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I thought the statute of limitations meant that the peole coming forward cant be financially rewarded?
Cant remember where I read that but it was when about 8 women came forward now its closer to 18 I wonder if that changes.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
What are the police saying to all these women who are coming forward with accusations "sorry love, you're number 12, we need at least 25 before we arrest him"?

It seems bananas to me that he's not even been questioned by the police!