Birmingham City have decided to retire Bellingham's shirt number

Mcking

We should follow their lead and retire Angel Gomes's number. Absolute legend that kid.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What has he actually done to be so well thought of? Must be something

El Zoido

This is so embarrassing. This guy is mainly famous for wanting to be signed by Man Utd.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Cringe... Like when Miami Heat in 2003 retired number 23, in honour of Jordan’s retirement, despite him never playing for them.... the hell is this?
This post gives me the opportunity to say that Jackie Robinson has his number retired league wide but he was a very special player for the MLB. Not only he was an all time great but he was also the first black player in the modern era.

Woodzy

I mean, if they started doing it for other players with similar achievements for the club they would have no squad numbers left.

His biggest achievement for them is literally transferring to a bigger club.

tomaldinho1

Haha that is tragic. So out of order to players who spent longer periods there, which is surely 99% of current & ex players

Siorac

Missed Schalke retiring Raul's number, have you?
At least Raúl was a globally recognised top class player who won an unhealthy number of trophies during his career. It's still ridiculous for Schalke, obviously, but at least he wasn't a 17-year-old who played one season in the Championship.

Fooza

Come on just retiring a shirt number for the legend, he deserves a stand and statue too.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Even though I’ve heard Trump speak today this is the dumbest thing I’ve heard today.

Tiber

That is just bloody weird.

I would have been open to United retiring 11, but this is a tad different.

Donald Silverbridge

Modern football has gone to shit, He's 17 for feck sake, He's done nothing for him to get his shirt number retired at Birmingham.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They should've retired whoever made that decision instead.

RyRy11

This is the most baffling decision I’ve ever seen in football despite watching a good number of games refereed by Mike Dean

TheHeya

Thooght the video of those two Liverpool fans doing the guard of honour in front of their TV was going to be the cringiest thing I saw today. Clearly not

izec

To be fair, he got them a record sum in the bank. It will take a while until they sell someone for more money.

But yeah, that is pretty embarrassing :lol:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
All the Blues fans I know seem to think he's nailed on to be England captain one day. The fawning over him by them lot is pretty remarkable.

0le

I honestly thought he had passed away or something and was initially very apprehensive about reading the thread...

What a bizarre thing to do.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This doesn’t really bother me. He’s obviously not done enough for them to get his number retired but it’s #22 at Birmingham City. It’s not like there will be thousands of footballers dreaming of wearing #22 at Birmingham City, this won’t actually impact anybody and in any case if he works out well they will be able to do a bit of an ‘I told you so’.