Television Black Mirror | Season 6 out June 15th

Sylar

Finally seen the red mirror demon ep.

Just finished the season last night. Looks like I may be in a minority of one in this thread but I loved Demon 79. Perfect blend of horror and comedy and nailed its sense of place and time. Excellent performances from both leads and the demon was such a great character.
I enjoyed it it as well. I get why they looped it on hoping they can start a spin off genre so in that sense it makes sense.
Would have liked one more actual black mirror type episode. But feel like the ideas aren't fully there.

I'd actually watch red mirror though

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Got very little faith it’ll ever get good again.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think reality is just a bit too close to it these days.
Isn’t that partly what makes it good? Half the technology in early episodes, was technology that didn’t feel hugely far fetched and were just an extension of the paths we are already going down. It was really interesting how those technologies influenced us in unforeseen negative ways. Such as the one with the device that records everything you do. And you can play it back. We saw how it fed into the characters jealousy and created a self destructive path.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Not as good as it once was, but it’s still one of the best things on tv. Half of the last season were as good as the median episode of everything that went before.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not as good as it once was, but it’s still one of the best things on tv. Half of the last season were as good as the median episode of everything that went before.
Really? I genuinely couldn’t tell you what a single episode of the last season was about.

EDIT: Just refreshed my memory and a couple were decent. It was actually S5 that was largely terrible. Final two of S6 were trash though.

Andy_Cole

Really? I genuinely couldn’t tell you what a single episode of the last season was about.

EDIT: Just refreshed my memory and a couple were decent. It was actually S5 that was largely terrible. Final two of S6 were trash though.
Thought Beyond the Sea was good. Joan is Awful decent too. Loch Henry was good but not Black Mirror (as in it wasn’t what it’s about, it was a horror/ thriller). The Demon ep was terrible and I genuinely don’t remember a thing about Mazey Day, both also Horror episodes and not very Black Mirror.

Last edited:

baskinginthesun

Aren't we getting a USS Callister sequel. Not sure how they can continue with that story. They wrapped it up pretty good last time. Writers must be out of ideas.